Battleground matching seriously!

2»

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,626 ★★★★★

Vinny14 said:

What a load of BS comments!!! If you match every single time against legends or valiants with big rosters you are most likely to lose and dont say that skills has something to do with it cause if you are in vibranium all of you got atleast some skills so that dont matter!!! So matchmaking is BS!!!

Would you show up to a NASCAR race with a minivan and tell people you want to race? And aftet say "BS, I cant win"... Well he has a small account and is competing against people with bigger accounts, at some point matchmaking will make him lose.
    Then why I don’t put our minivan race with each other? That’s my simple questions! I don’t want a top-tier reward, save it for those Valiants like you! I just want to have a fair and fun match up with my other MCOC modest players! Or because it’s all on purpose to push us HAVE TO spend to buy deals or becoming the punching bag like this?
    If you actually saw what the rewards could be you would probably come to complain about getting little rewards
    You are so short minded, yo think that you only get 2 or 3 more 7* by doing more content... Daily crystals, access to more content and so on adds up. Its not just the immediate gratification of the rewards you get right away
    Ok let’s work by your solution. Take time to grow my account by exploring every content I suppose, as my calculation before, doesn’t make any sense, to compare with other Valiants currently. And if I follow your instruction as well, meanwhile I need time to grow my account by adds up resources over time, you suppose other Valiants will just stop growing their account to wait for me? Or this gap is gonna be forever or in other words, BG suppose not for new players?
    So what exactly is your complaint about the matchmaking then? If your complaint about matchmaking is that you are facing accounts much stronger, then by making your account stronger, wouldn't you be facing accounts smaller?
    By the time I get my account stronger, the opponents also get stronger, which is the gap is still as-is. what’s your point mean?
    Dude you got a 14k+/- Prestige, there are Cav players with that much, your roster is small for a PvP competition, be happy with what you get.
    I don’t understand you mean what get here is??? I’m ok with the reward from BG I got so far, no complain! I just want hey let me PLAY BG! Look at those matchup and put your self in my shoes!
    Its a competitive PvP, you reached a point where you are going to face big accounts.
    You want to play, find a tournament, find people to play friendly matches then... The game mode is not going to change just because you want it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Vinny14 said:

What a load of BS comments!!! If you match every single time against legends or valiants with big rosters you are most likely to lose and dont say that skills has something to do with it cause if you are in vibranium all of you got atleast some skills so that dont matter!!! So matchmaking is BS!!!

Would you show up to a NASCAR race with a minivan and tell people you want to race? And aftet say "BS, I cant win"... Well he has a small account and is competing against people with bigger accounts, at some point matchmaking will make him lose.
    Then why I don’t put our minivan race with each other? That’s my simple questions! I don’t want a top-tier reward, save it for those Valiants like you! I just want to have a fair and fun match up with my other MCOC modest players! Or because it’s all on purpose to push us HAVE TO spend to buy deals or becoming the punching bag like this?
    If you actually saw what the rewards could be you would probably come to complain about getting little rewards
    You are so short minded, yo think that you only get 2 or 3 more 7* by doing more content... Daily crystals, access to more content and so on adds up. Its not just the immediate gratification of the rewards you get right away
    Ok let’s work by your solution. Take time to grow my account by exploring every content I suppose, as my calculation before, doesn’t make any sense, to compare with other Valiants currently. And if I follow your instruction as well, meanwhile I need time to grow my account by adds up resources over time, you suppose other Valiants will just stop growing their account to wait for me? Or this gap is gonna be forever or in other words, BG suppose not for new players?
    I don't expect everyone else to stand still and wait for you to catch up, and neither should you. If you want to catch them, you have to run faster than them.

The great irony here is that you keep saying BG is not for new players, like new players are at such a disadvantage that it isn't worth playing it. And yet you also say BG is the best place to grow your account. The new players playing today that are putting in the time and effort into BG (among other parts of the game) are exactly the player that are going to overtake you over time, if they haven't already, precisely because that's how you progress, and that's how you eventually move up. The players who try will always eventually progress past the ones that don't.

The Valiants today, and I believe I can speak for all of us, are not going to all stop playing and wait for you to catch up. But there are players starting today that will eventually join us in the end game. It might take years, but eventually they will be among the top 10%, even top 5% of players. They will get the top progression title around the same time as us, and they will eventually get into the Gladiator Circuit. The game is not hostile to new players. If anything, it is extremely generous to them, and that includes BG. Half the rewards in BG are essentially participation trophies that anyone can get, and all the solo milestones are progression blind which means even Uncollected players that started last week have a shot at Titan shards. To say that BG is "not for them" is so ludicrous it almost isn't worth acknowledging.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Maybe you’re the very best Cav player in the whole world and you’ve reached a place where is just no one left with a 14K account for you to match with. Be happy about it, go grind and grow your account.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 689 ★★★
    edited June 7
    Vinny14 said:

I think you’re not necessarily taking all the factors into consideration.
    1. Big Valiant accounts do not necessarily prioritize battlegrounds,..and may jump in at any point of the season.
    2. You are only subject to what’s available to you at the time you are online for matchmaking,..which unfortunately can be stronger accounts than your own.
    3. Matchmaking isn’t B.S,..you are in Vibranium and will be grouped accordingly with other accounts In that same tier, whether they may be valiant or not.
    4. There are other many other things going on in the game, and i imagine with it being so close to July 4th many people are prioritizing arena over every other game mode.
    5. This means big accounts with deeper rosters may be finishing their battlegrounds push late in the season.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Vinny14 said:

I don't expect everyone else to stand still and wait for you to catch up, and neither should you. If you want to catch them, you have to run faster than them.

The great irony here is that you keep saying BG is not for new players, like new players are at such a disadvantage that it isn't worth playing it. And yet you also say BG is the best place to grow your account. The new players playing today that are putting in the time and effort into BG (among other parts of the game) are exactly the player that are going to overtake you over time, if they haven't already, precisely because that's how you progress, and that's how you eventually move up. The players who try will always eventually progress past the ones that don't.

The Valiants today, and I believe I can speak for all of us, are not going to all stop playing and wait for you to catch up. But there are players starting today that will eventually join us in the end game. It might take years, but eventually they will be among the top 10%, even top 5% of players. They will get the top progression title around the same time as us, and they will eventually get into the Gladiator Circuit. The game is not hostile to new players. If anything, it is extremely generous to them, and that includes BG. Half the rewards in BG are essentially participation trophies that anyone can get, and all the solo milestones are progression blind which means even Uncollected players that started last week have a shot at Titan shards. To say that BG is "not for them" is so ludicrous it almost isn't worth acknowledging.
    Where did I say BG is the best place to grow my account?
    From you said, it takes YEARS for new players to catch up with the big accounts, could be when this game close or what? Don’t you feel this is conflict with what you said “the game is not hostile for new players”?
    edited June 7

Vinny14 said:

So what exactly is your complaint about the matchmaking then? If your complaint about matchmaking is that you are facing accounts much stronger, then by making your account stronger, wouldn't you be facing accounts smaller?
    By the time I get my account stronger, the opponents also get stronger, which is the gap is still as-is. what’s your point mean?
    Dude you got a 14k+/- Prestige, there are Cav players with that much, your roster is small for a PvP competition, be happy with what you get.
    I don’t understand you mean what get here is??? I’m ok with the reward from BG I got so far, no complain! I just want hey let me PLAY BG! Look at those matchup and put your self in my shoes!
    Its a competitive PvP, you reached a point where you are going to face big accounts.
    You want to play, find a tournament, find people to play friendly matches then... The game mode is not going to change just because you want it.
    I express my thoughts as for new player with small accounts as well and I have a right to ask what is good for me and many others, also I never ask you come to give me an explanation or solution because as long as you’re not Kabam’s staff, your words have zero value or meaning to me

Vinny14 said:

I express my thoughts as for new player with small accounts as well and I have a right to ask what is good for me and many others, also I never ask you come to give me an explanation or solution because as long as you’re not Kabam’s staff, your words have zero value or meaning to me
    Does it say Kabam staff forum?...
    It's a DISCUSSION Forum, you want to talk straight to them open a ticket.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    edited June 7
    In GC, 300k+ points, only R5s and 7R2+ in my deck, 💩 Valiant.

Above P2, rating and prestige mean little and nothing (!!!) The only thing that matters is who is in your pool.

Unfortunately (?!?) you have reached your maximum level this season. Take the opportunity to be happy with that, plan upgrades for next season, and don't give up until you only have R5s and 7R2+ in your deck. Then you will also finally experience that BG is actually easy and fun.

If you haven't explored act 8 and done 1 necro run, the time has come. There is a lot of resources and stuff for your future R5s and 7R2+ there.

Good luck 🫡

Vinny14 said:

Yeah you’re right this is discussion forum, but this is my thread, and I don’t value any of your comments because your opinion doesn’t make sense to me.
    GrO_ot78 said:

In GC, 300k+ points, only R5s and 7R2+ in my deck, 💩 Valiant.

Above P2, rating and prestige mean little and nothing (!!!) The only thing that matters is who is in your pool.

Unfortunately (?!?) you have reached your maximum level this season. Take the opportunity to be happy with it, plan upgrades for next season, and don't give up until you only have R5s and 7R2+ in your deck. Then you will also finally experience that BG is actually easy and fun.

If you haven't explored act 8 and done 1 necro run, the time has come. There is a lot of resources and stuff for your future R5s and 7R2+ there.

Good luck 🫡

Yes will try to catch up with you bro! Have a nice weekend

Vinny14 said:

Yeah you’re right this is discussion forum, but this is my thread, and I don’t value any of your comments because your opinion doesn’t make sense to me.
    PvP mode means player vs player
    Battleground is a competition, you will face smaller, similar and bigger rosters. I know its too hard for you to understand this, which is why you opened similar threads previously and probably will in the future.

Vinny14 said:

Battleground is a competition, you will face smaller, similar and bigger rosters. I know its too hard for you to understand this, which is why you opened similar threads previously and probably will in the future.
    I hope this is the last time I response to you in my thread
    First, I don’t care any of YOUR explanation because that’s not officially from Kabam, unless you become one of them, I will take that and stop open a thread for asking
    Second, again, I have a right to say what I want, it doesn’t violate any TOS, and I don’t know where are you living but I live in US, this is a right freedom in my country.
    Third, there are my many ways to persuade others, look at other comments, even it’s different with me but I respect and appreciate them. I really don’t know who are you, maybe a PART-TIME Kabam’s staff , because you have so much time to comment in so many threads in this forum, but watch your tongue! I don’t need you to educate me!

And you mean I’m stupid when not understanding what you said? No man, it just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t think you can take a small Cavalier account to Vibranium like me, which requires lots of knowledge and strategy, so to be honest, I don’t think you’re any smarter than me!

Vinny14 said:

First, I don’t care any of YOUR explanation because that’s not officially from Kabam, unless you become one of them, I will take that and stop open a thread for asking
    Second, again, I have a right to say what I want, it doesn’t violate any TOS, and I don’t know where are you living but I live in US, this is a right freedom in my country.
    Third, there are my many ways to persuade others, look at other comments, even it’s different with me but I respect and appreciate them. I really don’t know who are you, maybe a PART-TIME Kabam’s staff , because you have so much time to comment in so many threads in this forum, but watch your tongue! I don’t need you to educate me!

And you mean I’m stupid when not understanding what you said? No man, it just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t think you can take a small Cavalier account to Vibranium like me, which requires lots of knowledge and strategy, so to be honest, I don’t think you’re any smarter than me!
    Lol you think you own the thread... that's how smart you are
    Lol I really hope any Moderators follow this thread, so are you trying to attack me personally? By speaking I’m stupid

Yeah any one can go to a public space, but is that rude or weird if you try to talk with someone doesn’t want to talk with you?

Vinny14 said:

Lol you think you own the thread... that's how smart you are
    Lol I really hope any Moderators follow this thread, so are you trying to attack me personally? By speaking I’m stupid

Yeah any one can go to a public space, but is that rude or weird if you try to talk with someone doesn’t want to talk with you?
    But they would be violating my right of freedom of speech (from what you are saying)...
    They probably read the whole thing and decided to ignore it, same as all the other nonsense threads you made.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Vinny14 said:

Where did I say BG is the best place to grow my account?
    I may have confused you for another player. I'll take back that one.

From you said, it takes YEARS for new players to catch up with the big accounts, could be when this game close or what? Don’t you feel this is conflict with what you said “the game is not hostile for new players”?

No, I don't. First of all, the game isn't only worth playing if you are among the absolute top players. Obviously, almost no one actually is: the vast majority of players are nowhere near, and will never be anywhere near, the absolute top players.

Second of all, this is a progressional game as a service. It is primarily targeted at players who intend to invest a lot of time over time playing it. It isn't meant to be a game players play for a couple weeks and "finish." There are players who play for a while and then move on, but it isn't designed for them. If you expect to be a top tier end game player in a couple weeks you either have to be a gaming god, or you're delusional.

And third, the point to saying that a brand new player can work their way into the end game players' group in just a couple years is to highlight the fact that there is a ton of progress in the game and players can make constant upward progress. They aren't trapped at the bottom for ever. If it was possible for a new player to overtake 90% of the players of the game in just a couple weeks it would be hostile to veterans because it would mean all the time, effort, and money spent on the game over a multi-year playing career would be worthless.

If you want to be competitive in BG, you have to accept that first you're going to be competitive against the early UCs, and then you'll work your way up to becoming competitive with the mid-tier Cavs and TBs with the mid rosters and mid skills, and then eventually you'll become competitive with the end game players with the Paragon rosters and strong skills and knowledge. And if you want to eventually become competitive with the top tier BG players, the ones that are doing more than slumming in Uru every other season, then you're going to have to put in the time to get there.

The fact that a completely free to play player that starts today could theoretically become Valiant in a month, and could build a competitively strong deck in a year, is *extremely* friendly to new and F2P players. If you expect more than that, you expect too much. You expect the game to make all progress in the game worthless just because you don't like it that other players are stronger than you. That's never going to happen.