Changes needed to buff/debuff icons

TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
So I was fighting Dust with my Odin and this was my screen

Now I’ll be fair here and say the side quest nodes played a factor giving me a few more effects than normal, but basically all fight I couldn’t see how many sand debuffs I had on me because the third row was blocked by my combo meter.

Now back when Mr Fantastic was released i remember this being a discussion which was had, because he could end up placing something like 20 debuffs on a defender and it nearly covered them up, but now we are getting more and more complicated champions which require you to pay attention to the exact number of buffs/debuffs/charges or whatever else. This simply isn’t possible when playing with some champions which place a plethora of buffs/debuffs. This problem is almost always made worse with nodes etc.

My suggestion? Move the combo meter down a bit, make it smaller or extend the rows of buffs/debuffs to 8/9 icons instead of the existing 6, I’m not saying that in every situation this would fix the problem but it would definitely make it far less common.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,352 Guardian
    edited June 6
    (1) Icons. First should be any that are critical “stack based”, ie that have a count to them that is needed to pay attention to during fight.
    Then should be other Damaging Debuffs next in line.
    Afterwards, should be grouped as in offensive Damage Increasing things (Fury, Crits, etc)
    Lastly, other more informational things (Armor break, Power Lock, etc).

(2) Combo Meter. Yes, but maybe split the # and the work “Hits” into 2 lines.
    Move combo # up and little to left (in line underneath champ icon and to left of rows of buff icons). Make it “Right Aligned” to just left of buffs, so that say with Aegon and combo increases into triple digits, the rightmost edge of number stays same, and the expanded number grows to the left with each additional digit of combo.

Also with that, move the word “Hits” to underneath that Combo #.
    Hits
    (forum doesn’t visually let it be seen with 14 shifted a couple spaces to right so lines up above the “s” in “Hits”)