Accidental 3k unit offer purchase

TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Member Posts: 461 ★★★
Hello everyone.

So today I played with my alt account (M0NT¥) finished the monthly event quest and after a while a unit offer popped up just when I was tapping the crystal symbol tab.

That made me accidentally click and buy the 3k unit offer. I opened a ticket and now I am stuck in what seems to be a computer generated reply. The replies are basically saying the same thing over and over again only with a different support member's name in the signature. I provided information as much as I can but now they seem blame me for not remembering every detail from the past ~9 years or so. 🙄

I get that Kabam needs to verify someone's account when making changes to it but the questions one has to answer, especially when you have more than 1 account, is ridiculous.

This is super frustrating and exhausting to be honest. How can you punish the players for very bad game design when it comes to such sudden pop-ups???

This is unacceptable and I am honestly thinking about quitting.

I will definitely go full F2P (on both of my accounts) until I get the refund.

I asked alliance members and they didn't have to go through such a crazy strict process to get a refund when they accidentally made a purchase...

I was about to save my units for missing Deathless King Groot piece. Now I will be purchasing Unitless King Groot instead.

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    edited June 18
    1) Did you use any of the items that you accidentally purchased such as opening a crystal etc before contacting support,

2) Also isn’t the buy button for those crystals bottom half of the screen while the crystal tab is at the top?

3) Surprised they asked those security questions for a item purchased with units, they’re usually asked when someone is trying access a account or a real life purchase enquiry. But obviously i don’t know how kabam/ security works so could be a typical thing.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    Enjoy the fresh goodies
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Lokx said:

3) Surprised they asked those security questions for a item purchased with units, they’re usually asked when someone is trying access a account or a real life purchase enquiry. But obviously i don’t know how kabam/ security works so could be a typical thing.

I'm pretty sure they use that as standard first response. It's a natural filter for seeing which cases you have to take seriously. Don't respond to the questions in 48 hours, close the ticket. Can't answer the questions, close the ticket.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Member Posts: 461 ★★★
    Lokx said:

1) Did you use any of the items that you accidentally purchased such as opening a crystal etc before contacting support,

2) Also isn’t the buy button for those crystals bottom half of the screen while the crystal tab is at the top?

1) No I did not use any of the items

2) There is also a crystal symbol button (the one with the timer for the daily/4 hour crystal) on the lower part of the screen. That's where I tapped the screen just in the moment the offer popped up

3) Yes it's actually crazy to go through such a process when you didn't even spend real money
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,251 ★★★★
    This happened to me previously.k submitted a ticket and it was resolved in 3 hours or so.
    SandeepS said:

This happened to me previously.k submitted a ticket and it was resolved in 3 hours or so.

Did you have to answer all the account related questions like the last 2 money purchases, account creation date and so on?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,251 ★★★★

SandeepS said:

Did you have to answer all the account related questions like the last 2 money purchases, account creation date and so on?
    No i didn't

Just a little update: I've got my units back. 🙂

Thank you Kabam and thanks everyone for your input on the issue. Consider this topic as solved.

Where is the apology for being an impatient karen though?

Calling someone a karen in big 2024? If you want to be funny try harder. 🥱

Btw it had nothing to do with impatience when the original ticket was closed.

I opened a new ticket today which luckily seems to have helped solve the problem.

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★

Thank you Kabam and thanks everyone for your input on the issue. Consider this topic as solved.

Yeah that’s helpful :(
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,591 ★★★★★
    edited June 19

Yeah that’s helpful :(
    Let's do a recap.
    1- OP buys a unit deal by mistake
    2- OP opens a ticket with a different email than the one linked to the accoutn (That's why he needs to verify that it is his account)
    3- OP comes to to forum, complains about his own mistakes, threatens to go F2P because he is unsatisfied with customer service. All within a 24hr period
    4- Issue gets solved, ask to close the ticket.

Yeah total Karen behavior
    Coming from the only guy in this discussion that has his profile on private. I wonder why. 😭

No go and eat some 🍿
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★

The contrast from your OP to now is stunning. You were talking about quitting, going F2P and trashing their account validation process to singing their praises because you got the result you wanted.

You could at least admitted you way overreacted since it was barely a half day difference. Tickets can take a while to resolve. Maybe give it a little bit more time next time.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,438 ★★★★★

The contrast from your OP to now is stunning. You were talking about quitting, going F2P and trashing their account validation process to singing their praises because you got the result you wanted.

You could at least admitted you way overreacted since it was barely a half day difference. Tickets can take a while to resolve. Maybe give it a little bit more time next time.
    Can you now go and apologize to the person on this thread for the comments you made?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/369695/got-my-account-back-and-thanks-to-eveyone

Just trying to hold you to the same high standards you like to hold others.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Can you now go and apologize to the person on this thread for the comments you made?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/369695/got-my-account-back-and-thanks-to-eveyone

Just trying to hold you to the same high standards you like to hold others.

What would you like me to apologize for? They said "AI algorithm". Which is incorrect. It's not an AI algorithm.

If i say something wrong I'll always admit it. The only thing I put wrong on this comment is I didn't include "AI".

Will you apologize for linking the wrong thread?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,591 ★★★★★
    edited June 19

Coming from the only guy in this discussion that has his profile on private. I wonder why. 😭

No go and eat some 🍿

Even this response is typical from a Karen.
    So instead of recognizing you were impatient, throwing a fit over your own mistakes, you decided to see if I had something on my profile to call me out? Rofl

Yes I am sure I put my profile private before i started writting in YOUR post..