Help a Newbie!

Vicky16Vicky16 Member Posts: 6
So I'm a huge marvel fan and i downloaded this game few days ago. And I have to say this, I'm pretty addicted to this game!

I have managed to get to conqueror with this roster, but now act 5 is very tough for me. I have few questions for the community.

1) How to get gold and catalysts for rank ups?
2) Who should I rank up and why (I really like the playstyle of gladiator and kushala).
3) Opponents in act 5 get to their sp3 and throw them, I don't have any power drain champs, How should I prevent them from throwing sp3?

Thanks in advance, Everyone!

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    Rank up iceman. He can tank special 3s,.but learn how to bait specials. There's a ton of videos on YouTube to teach you.
  • Vicky16Vicky16 Member Posts: 6
    I also have a 4* rank 4 to rank 5 gem and primodial dust, Should I use them on Gladiator or Kushala?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    Vicky16 said:

I also have a 4* rank 4 to rank 5 gem and primodial dust, Should I use them on Gladiator or Kushala?

Whoever you like more.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,240 ★★★★★
    Welcome to mcoc! Conqueror in a few days is really solid progress for someone completely new to the game, so great job with that. As far as your questions go:

(1) gold is a bit of a struggle for a lot of people, I’d recommend playing incursions weekly if needed to get a good chunk of gold from the milestones there. Catalysts will become more available the more you progress, so just keep pushing through story as much as you can.

(2) generally prioritize higher star level champs over lower ones, unless the higher star champs really suck, but in this case both Valkyrie and iceman are great so I’d rank them up.

(3) the way to avoid sp3s is by doing something called baiting specials. (You’ll want the dexterity mastery active if it’s not already) this is the act of not hitting them when they’re about to get too much power, letting them dash at you and dashing back at the right time. The idea is that you’re not blocking, you’re leaving yourself open as if to “bait” the ai into thinking they can hit you with a special attack. Then when they throw it you can block, or dodge it using the dexterity mastery depending on the animations of the special attack. A video will better explain this though.
  • Vicky16Vicky16 Member Posts: 6
    @Buttehrs @Nemesis_17

Thanks a lot guys! I've looked up for special baiting and I understood what to do. I'll practice more in upcoming days.

I also got a 5* mr fantastic, is he any good?
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,240 ★★★★★
    Vicky16 said:

@Buttehrs @Nemesis_17

Thanks a lot guys! I've looked up for special baiting and I understood what to do. I'll practice more in upcoming days.

I also got a 5* mr fantastic, is he any good?

He’s alright, his prefights can be nice for some extra utility, though I personally would rather rank one of your other 2 5*