**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bad matchmaking in battlegrounds

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,640 ★★★★★

You are a complete example of MCoC FOMO.
    Your deck is not that great for BGs, and judging from it.. your roster not great for story content or AW.
    And you're the guy that gets easy matches in battlegrounds and when you see people complaining about bad matchmaking you get mad
    I have yet to see an easy match but ok lol...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,066 Guardian

For all you complaining about the complaining live with it , bottom line game is not set up correctly for those of us that don't pay to play and buy our characters! You know who you are out there! It Gets really old hearing you supposedly great players hounding us lower tier peeps because we're supposedly always complaining as we work for our little pieces of the the pie BFH!!!

At the moment I am playing three accounts through BG in Season 19. One is my main, which is admittedly a pretty stacked account. I am also playing my low TB account (which used to be my mid Cav account), and I'm playing a very low Cav account. The two low alts are both completely free to play, and also accounts I do not grind in at all. And while it is still actually pretty early in the season, I don't find the match making especially unfair in those accounts. Yes, I do get matched against very large accounts sometimes, but over time that seems to have evened out quite a bit. Considering the level of effort and money put into those accounts, namely little and none, I think they are doing fine.

I plan to write this all up at the end of season, but the Cav acct's deck averages maybe 6*R2, with some R3s and also some 5* champs in it. Its now in Silver 1. My TB account's deck is mostly 6*R3s with a couple very good lucky pull defenders in there, and is now in P4. Considering there's more than half the season to go, I think that's pretty good. Is it harder to promote up to Platinum than in prior seasons for the lower accounts? Yes. Is it harder than I expect it to be? Not really. I'm not really trying hard yet, I plan to push at the end of the season when things are going to be at their easiest. But I have yet to miss a crystal in any of my accounts. And based on their progress so far, I expect them to land significantly higher than I think they actually are, strength-wise, owing to the fact that while I'm not the best BG player in the world, my skill level compared to the average Cav or TB player is probably top tier.

Which is sort of the point, to be honest. The competition in lower tiers is just not there. It isn't just about roster. Those players are simply not as good, on average. And that means when you let them beat each other up and promote and force the strong roster players to only match against each other, you are giving the lower players a huge advantage. It isn't even steven because rosters are equal. Any player that only has to face weaker roster players has a huge advantage. The same advantage we had when Kabam originally used roster matching everywhere, the same advantage veterans had when deck matching was a thing, and the same advantage I have now when I play low alts. Low alts are not seeing the same level of competition, because for the most part they aren't at the same level of competition.
  • Options
    Shadowking79Shadowking79 Posts: 93

Your deck is not that great for BGs, and judging from it.. your roster not great for story content or AW.
    And you're the guy that gets easy matches in battlegrounds and when you see people complaining about bad matchmaking you get mad
    Same for me also I hear loud incorrect buzzer sound about what you said
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

For all you complaining about the complaining live with it , bottom line game is not set up correctly for those of us that don't pay to play and buy our characters! You know who you are out there! It Gets really old hearing you supposedly great players hounding us lower tier peeps because we're supposedly always complaining as we work for our little pieces of the the pie BFH!!!

We don’t buy our champs, dumdum, we explore act 8, necro etc grind arena and gets a shitload of champs by just playing the game. You should try that 😜
    I think you forgot that other acts existed and necro is hard and Arena takes a long time
    It took years for many of us to complete the content and build up our decks.

Good job making it this far, but if you want to advance further in BG, you have to put in the work in other areas of the game
    I get what you're saying but I'm so close to getting my 2nd 7star and the only way to get it is through battlegrounds solo objective
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,513 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

We don’t buy our champs, dumdum, we explore act 8, necro etc grind arena and gets a shitload of champs by just playing the game. You should try that 😜
    I think you forgot that other acts existed and necro is hard and Arena takes a long time

Good job making it this far, but if you want to advance further in BG, you have to put in the work in other areas of the game
    I get what you're saying but I'm so close to getting my 2nd 7star and the only way to get it is through battlegrounds solo objective
    How?
  • Options
    edited July 1

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    The 7 star discount still exists which you can get a 7 star champion for 10 thousand shards but you can only get two I only have 4525 7 star shards also I thought you didn't care about my forum
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,513 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    The 7 star discount still exists which you can get a 7 star champion for 10 thousand shards but you can only get two I only have 4525 7 star shards also I thought you didn't care about my forum
    I ask because you seem to think BGs is the only place for 7* shards.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,640 ★★★★★

Yeah except the fact that I actually did content, and my UC alt that I played for a banquet event could beat your account...
  • Options

Yeah except the fact that I actually did content, and my UC alt that I played for a banquet event could beat your account...
    We'll see about that
  • Options
    Update: the matchmaking is getting a little bit better
  • Options
    SharkpawSharkpaw Posts: 4

Pretty much sums up my matchmaking. My top guys are a Rank 2 OG Hulk 24k, Doom 22K, and Iron Man 21K. Nowhere near comparable.
  • Options
    SharkpawSharkpaw Posts: 4
    I still fight them, but it gets old losing over and over to the stronger rosters.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,066 Guardian
    Sharkpaw said:

I still fight them, but it gets old losing over and over to the stronger rosters.

It took me 11 matches to promote out of V5, and I've been in V4 for I think 12 matches so far, with a 3-9 record. That's just who's there. I don't expect the game to go find me people to beat.

Last season I was in V2 for 36 matches across 5 days before promoting.to V1/GC. I was in V3 for 32 matches and used a couple shields in a moment of weakness. Nobody likes losing, but in a competition someone has to lose.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

You're bumping your thread with nothing constructive. That's against forums ToS.

You're not posting anything that is a big or anything. You've already been told this is normal. Especially now with this season. Stop bumping your thread. Literally no one cares about your matches.
    Oh really then if nobody cares then how ls this have 2.5 thousand views in six days also thanks for 2.5 thousand views
    It's cause the mods have a sense of humor and are closing/piling on similar posts to this one

As far as this being the only place to get 7* shards, there's this

and this

• Options
    Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 752 ★★★
    Yes matchmaking is bad I go in to one and if a see an opponent with 16,000 or above champions I will forfeit because I know I don’t have a chance to win and will repeat until I find an opponent the I do have chance against and the only reason why I’m playing BG is for the magnetron crystals once they are gone I’ll be back to losing on purpose.
  • Options
    edited July 5

You're bumping your thread with nothing constructive. That's against forums ToS.

You're not posting anything that is a big or anything. You've already been told this is normal. Especially now with this season. Stop bumping your thread. Literally no one cares about your matches.
    Oh really then if nobody cares then how ls this have 2.5 thousand views in six days also thanks for 2.5 thousand views
    It's cause the mods have a sense of humor and are closing/piling on similar posts to this one

and this

I don't have the shooting stars event how do you even unlock it
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    I didn't say that this is the only way to get 7star shards it's the easiest way to get a 7star crystal
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,873 ★★★★★
    I'm at 300k now and having a terrible run in vib so if you match me there's a good chance you'll win because I seem to play bad using QE.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 716 ★★★

and this

I don't have the shooting stars event how do you even unlock it
    You must be cav or lower 💀. A Cavs objective should not be chasing a 7*. Advance in story if you hit your plateau in bg. You have tons of content to go through. Kabam doesn’t want to reward lower accounts with easy access to materials they should be getting through story because then eventually when they’re on act 10 or something people will still be idling on act 5 without any reason to progress because they’re achieving everything they need in another game mode. If you don’t have any desire to do story fine, but your not entitled to the rewards that people who played the game properly are getting.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 350 ★★

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    I didn't say that this is the only way to get 7star shards it's the easiest way to get a 7star crystal
    If your account is strong enough to make it to gc, which you're isn't. You aren't entitled to it
  • Options

Yes matchmaking is bad I go in to one and if a see an opponent with 16,000 or above champions I will forfeit because I know I don’t have a chance to win and will repeat until I find an opponent the I do have chance against and the only reason why I’m playing BG is for the magnetron crystals once they are gone I’ll be back to losing on purpose.

You should never forfeit. There are matches I've lost against bigger opponents that have made me realise good or bad matchups, just today I realised that prowler can't be used against scorpion and now I know not to use him against him. It's not just the individual matches, it's about strategy and learning. If I have someone in my deck and find myself not picking them for 5 fights in a row I know to take them out of my deck, it's all a learning experience
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    If your account is strong enough to make it to gc, which you're isn't. You aren't entitled to it
    I'm talking about the 7star shards from the solo objective not gc
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    Which objective? If you're talking about the battlegrounds solo event with the 6 star shards building to 7 star shards, there ain't a chance in hell you're getting that unless you pay 10 hours of battleground a day. I've gotten to gc maybe 5 or 6 times and I've not even reached half way into that event
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

How?
    Which objective? If you're talking about the battlegrounds solo event with the 6 star shards building to 7 star shards, there ain't a chance in hell you're getting that unless you pay 10 hours of battleground a day. I've gotten to gc maybe 5 or 6 times and I've not even reached half way into that event
    I'm already half way through this event