**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Suspension of account

HogankickerHogankicker Posts: 3
edited June 26 in General Discussion
Hi summoners/MCOC community,

First time I have decided to post here and this is because I feel a bit upset, a bit irritated and deprived from Kabam's decision to suspend my account for 7 days with no warning or exact explanation of my wrong doing. I tried to contact support team a number of times without success after their initial response.

Just to get you with the gist of the story I am a casual player since 2015 and have completed most the in game content including story mode, necropolis etc. and never used or attempted to use cheat, hacks, mod etc. A few days back I downloaded Memu and google play synchronizing the game with my laptop which I presume that triggered the 7 days suspension. I say presume since Kabam's support team is unable to disclose additional info due to security reasons and they refuse to respond to any of my further requests. they mentioned I have violated term 8. CODE OF CONDUCT AND STANDARDS. According to their interpretation it is a violation of our Terms of Service to use an emulator to attempt to play the game on unsupported devices, which include laptops or personal computers but this is nowhere referred in the terms explicitly and being fairly honest I was not aware that downloading the game to your laptop is prohibited. Even so I accepted that they made the rules so my interpretation may be incorrect however, the suspension should be for use of this emulators (according to Kabam terms) and not for suspicion on use otherwise everyone could be potentially in fault. Never completed any quests with the 3rd party platform and yet got suspended which is at least unfair. Kabam is well aware of the fact that no content was completed since there is a track record of accomplishment.

Moreover with their unjustified decision I ended up losing hundreds of resources (needless to mention what exactly), progression on SOP, platinum pass progression, bg's progression etc. The worst part of it all is that by penalizing me they also penalize 29 more ppl with whom we share the same alliance.

Honestly I did not know how to communicate with the Kabam team to understand their rational behind their decision since they mention that :
Q
These decisions are made with the overall health of the game in mind and in consideration of the negative impact that a Terms of Service violation may have had on other players in the game.

All account suspensions will remain in place until the time indicated. The Kabam Support team is unable to overturn an account suspension. Any such actions are considered final.
UQ

Honestly I fail to understand how my actions have affected the overall gameplay since I completed 0 content with it and have not used the PC application to do any AQ/AW/BG fights whatsoever.

Frankly speaking here if this is the treatment we deserve after almost 9 years of playing this game, feedback provided on Beta's, supporting the game overall Kabam seriously have to reconsider their approach towards gamers that devote time and money to the game.

Happy to hear what you think or if there is any other means to contact Kabam since the support team has ghosted me.

Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• Options
    I do not disagree with you @SummonerNR, I was not aware that it was not permitted and maybe terms should be a bit more crystal clear on that particular section but nonetheless I did not pick and choose. I logged in it but 0 content completed with it
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,222 ★★★★★
    It can't be that hard to play mobile games on mobile 🙂‍↕️
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    edited June 26

I do not disagree with you @SummonerNR, I was not aware that it was not permitted and maybe terms should be a bit more crystal clear on that particular section but nonetheless I did not pick and choose. I logged in it but 0 content completed with it

https://kabam.com/terms-of-service/
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/183213/do-not-use-3rd-party-sites-programs-or-emulators#latest

3rd Party Software is anything but an approved mobile device. I am not sure if Kabam has everything you listed in their ToS plus a post here on the office forms makes it unjustified.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    You only got 7 days ban you are lucky learn your lesson abd never use 3rd party apps
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Count yourself lucky you didn't get banned for a month or even worse permanently
  • Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 26
    edited June 26
    you clearly broke the terms and conditions.. no means no. doesn't matter what minor content you did from the emulator.. no one cares.

Where can a line be drawn? you can't have a gradient level of 3rd party tools which makes it easier to mod which is already a massive problem.

Learn that rules apply to you.. and count yourself lucky its only 7 days.
    Somehow most of us manage to play this game without installing it on an emulator.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,716 ★★★★★
    Be glad it isn't a perma ban
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,716 ★★★★★

Moreover with their unjustified decision I ended up losing hundreds of resources (needless to mention what exactly), progression on SOP, platinum pass progression, bg's progression etc. The worst part of it all is that by penalizing me they also penalize 29 more ppl with whom we share the same alliance.

YOU lost those resources. YOU penalized 29 other people. The saying "ignorance is bliss" applies to you.
    1. Did you check with others before doing it?
    2. Did you read the ToS?
    3. Did you ask on the forums?
    4. Did you ask on the official discord server?

If you're answer is no, then this falls on you squarely.
    I'm sad that #4 is an option.
    Yeah mcoc discord is just mcoc version of brainrot
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    That's sad. I'm not going to punch you down for not knowing this and getting banned. I can sympathies.
    People who are aware about this thing are those who read forums or who heard someone else getting banned by running game on blue stacks.
    I even had a friend who played the whole effin game for years in blucstacks in the past when it was not a issue.

Hey, I'm just asking for a solution:
    If kabam can detect the game is running on a third party software like blue stacks, memu etc,
    Can they put a Bigass warning on the screen, describing moving past that point will result in a ban?

People are not aware, plain and simple. Being a tos following player for years, getting banned even for 7 days on big events will sucks.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★

YOU lost those resources. YOU penalized 29 other people. The saying "ignorance is bliss" applies to you.
    1. Did you check with others before doing it?
    2. Did you read the ToS?
    3. Did you ask on the forums?
    4. Did you ask on the official discord server?

If you're answer is no, then this falls on you squarely.
    I'm sad that #4 is an option.
    I stayed there for 2 days. The power trip with mods is exactly like they describe in memes.
    I didnt get banned, I chose to leave it. I saw how some of the people got banned just for stating their opinions in a respectful manner.

Got great people who shares screenshots of useful info in line groups.
  • Options
    Hi guys all the opinions above are well received even the ones that are controversial of what I believe. The reason I opened the discussion is to understand how others feel about it, and as I said my interpretation might be wrong but reading the rules I never understood that even running the game from my PC would create an issue (the majority believes it is clear so it may be). Probably I was terribly wrong there and this must have been an issue for too long but I do not read the forums mainly due to time constrains and it seems you are all aware of it.

I find it pointless to argue/or agree with each one of the above but maybe there can be a proposition that will warn us that this is not allowed or so forth.

As I said a couple of times I did not complete any content with it and this is why I find the decision harsh. I respect Kabam has the right to decide for the penalization but if I had known it is not allowed or if i would have received a warning I would have never downloaded it or use it again.

Anyways thanks for all the opinions.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★

There has been numerous topics on emulators they've even sent out a couple IG messages across the years iirc. Idk how a long standing player doesn't know it's illegal.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★

Hi guys all the opinions above are well received even the ones that are controversial of what I believe. The reason I opened the discussion is to understand how others feel about it, and as I said my interpretation might be wrong but reading the rules I never understood that even running the game from my PC would create an issue (the majority believes it is clear so it may be). Probably I was terribly wrong there and this must have been an issue for too long but I do not read the forums mainly due to time constrains and it seems you are all aware of it.

I find it pointless to argue/or agree with each one of the above but maybe there can be a proposition that will warn us that this is not allowed or so forth.

As I said a couple of times I did not complete any content with it and this is why I find the decision harsh. I respect Kabam has the right to decide for the penalization but if I had known it is not allowed or if i would have received a warning I would have never downloaded it or use it again.

Anyways thanks for all the opinions.

You literally had the game on your PC but time constraints prevents you from logging into the forums for a minute....yer you've been on and off here for roughly a day ish. Right......
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 ★★★

• Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 550 ★★★
    It’s really very simple,..the first thing new summoners should do is read the TOS and make sure they fully understand the rules.
    I never understood why people choose to account share or use 3rd party software when they are not only jeopardizing their own account,..they also could be affecting their alliance mates (if they are involved in one).
    It is the epitome of selfishness and against the spirit of fair play…imo.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    Wow! I just found this new game! I can play as Spiderman!

Let me read the Terms of Service first though!
  • Options

Wow! I just found this new game! I can play as Spiderman!

Let me read the Terms of Service first though!

Wow!,..i just found this new game that one day i will manipulate with 3rd party software to try and gain an advantage!
    Maybe i’ll even join a alliance and make moves for my alliance mates in AW when they’re on vacation!!
    Tbh,..idk if i ever fully read the TOS at all,…maybe i just used something called “common sense”.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    Bottom line, be happy it is only 7 day suspension rather than a full eternal ban. Again, just use common sense.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,353 ★★★★★

Joker1976 said:

It’s really very simple,..the first thing new summoners should do is read the TOS and make sure they fully understand the rules.
    I never understood why people choose to account share or use 3rd party software when they are not only jeopardizing their own account,..they also could be affecting their alliance mates (if they are involved in one).

I don't think they need to read it first but you're made aware of the ToS upon creating your account. So when contemplating doing something that isn't normal, probably should look at it.

The problem I have is that OP has played for 10 years. They act like they haven't had at least 3 in game messages. They had time to download the game on an emulator but can't take time to find information? And then blame Kabam calling their decision unjustified.
    They most likely never read the terms of services when starting or after countless messages about account sharing or third party that kabam sends out to players to keep reading up on it
  • Options

Joker1976 said:

I don't think they need to read it first but you're made aware of the ToS upon creating your account. So when contemplating doing something that isn't normal, probably should look at it.

The problem I have is that OP has played for 10 years. They act like they haven't had at least 3 in game messages. They had time to download the game on an emulator but can't take time to find information? And then blame Kabam calling their decision unjustified.
    Yeah i didn’t really mean it literally,..
    I just think it comes down to common sense.
    I was in an alliance long ago that certain members participated in account sharing (making AW or AQ moves on someone’s behalf). I always disagreed with it and made that clear to them that they shouldn’t.
    I wasn’t about to rat them out (cause that’s not my style),..but it did eventually stop,..( partly because of in game mail from kabam regarding the issue).
    Kabam does give ample warning through different sources warning against activity that will result in discipline,..it is available to us all.
    And as you stated “the OP has played for multiple years”,…so again…it’s just common sense.
This discussion has been closed.