Do you think Sasquatch would still be the best 7* Mystic Defender if?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,321 ★★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be

Abs man 7* would be so so awesome

He would probably be the best 7 star mystic.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Doom says hello.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited June 27
    Other

Polygon said:

If all the tough mystic 6*'s existed as 7*'s? Or do you think it would be someone else instead? (BGs purpose so taking into factor both fight time and health)

He's not even the best 7* Mystic defender though. Yeah he has a large health pool, but he can still get dropped in under a minute.
    I have never seen a r3 Sasquatch go down in under a minute you got any clips? Unless some psycho out there has a r3 Luke I don't see how that would be possible, I've tried even with Red Guardian r5 ascended sig 200, still went over a minute.

As other players here have confirmed, it can be done. Here is another player who did it. Andrew The Ruff's Hulk vs Lagacy's r3 and awakened Sassy.

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

If all the tough mystic 6*'s existed as 7*'s? Or do you think it would be someone else instead? (BGs purpose so taking into factor both fight time and health)

He's not even the best 7* Mystic defender though. Yeah he has a large health pool, but he can still get dropped in under a minute.
    I have never seen a r3 Sasquatch go down in under a minute you got any clips? Unless some psycho out there has a r3 Luke I don't see how that would be possible, I've tried even with Red Guardian r5 ascended sig 200, still went over a minute.

As other players here have confirmed, it can be done. Here is another player who did it. Andrew The Ruff's Hulk vs Lagacy's r3 and awakened Sassy.

Can still make mistakes given the high healthpool, unstoppable on Specials and mystic dispersion. In that screenshot you sent above, lags literally did mess up. Hulk is more easily able to neuter other mystics like mangog , kindred etc than a sassy
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    edited June 30

I meant to vote Mephisto, a sig 200 7* Mephisto would be scary. The aura damage would be absolutely ridiculous I bet even Bishop's or Chavez' energy resistance wouldn't stand a chance and if we didn't have a 7* Torch in the game yet, even 6* Torch wouldn't be able to nuke.

Prowler would absolutely destroy Memphisto as the aura damage doesn't affect him.
    No, Mephisto would be
    Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Doom says hello.
    It’s a toss up between doom and Abs Man
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★
    No, Doom would be
    Buttehrs said:

EdisonLaw said:

Doom says hello.
    Maybe cuz Doom's so OP he will never see the 7th star?😭
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited June 30
    No, Doom would be
    Polygon said:

Doom, hands down. It's not just his abilities that make him annoying its also his block penetration. Imagine using torch and by the end of the fight you are at 70% health cuz that mf can't take hits into block for sh1t
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Doom, hands down. It's not just his abilities that make him annoying its also his block penetration. Imagine using torch and by the end of the fight you are at 70% health cuz that mf can't take hits into block for sh1t
    You could use silk, Titania, hulk, pig, red guardian, or even champs like Kate and a million others that cook him extremely fast with pretty much no block damage if you’re playing right
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited June 30
    No, Doom would be
    Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

You could use silk, Titania, hulk, pig, red guardian, or even champs like Kate and a million others that cook him extremely fast with pretty much no block damage if you’re playing right
    Yeah I am sure I can but thats not my point. Like I said his block penetration is just 1 of his annoying qualities. He has other things going on for him that makes him a much more of a defensive threat than mephisto, abs man or sassy
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Yeah I am sure I can but thats not my point. Like I said his block penetration is just 1 of his annoying qualities. He has other things going on for him that makes him a much more of a defensive threat than mephisto, abs man or sassy
    Sassy stalls for a very long time. Doom only has crit res, not damage as a whole res, and his block pen is his only problem. Most sciences shut him down very easily
    edited June 30
    No, Mephisto would be
    Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Sassy stalls for a very long time. Doom only has crit res, not damage as a whole res, and his block pen is his only problem. Most sciences shut him down very easily
    Doom does have the highest base armor in the game at 50%. Combining that with the highest crit resistance, and he’s super tanky. However certain DOT effects like Bleed and Coldsnap can bypass it

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Doom does have the highest base armor in the game at 50%. Combining that with the highest crit resistance, and he’s super tanky.

Still gets nuked by new science and kate with her coldsnap with min damage taken
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    No, Rintrah would be

Polygon said:

Ehhh that is doable I suppose but at the same time 48k (almost 47k) is a beatable score. A r3 Hulk is one of the hardest nukes in the game the fact that he couldn't get a 50k score is crazy.
    edited June 30

Polygon said:

Ehhh that is doable I suppose but at the same time 48k (almost 47k) is a beatable score. A r3 Hulk is one of the hardest nukes in the game the fact that he couldn't get a 50k score is crazy.
    Yeah im not sure what he was trying to achieve with that video, if anything hes making it look better for Sassy based off Hulk being a nuke and still scoring 48k like you said. He probably places at like Diamond 4 or something so 48k is still something impressive to him lmao.
    No, Rintrah would be
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah im not sure what he was trying to achieve with that video, if anything hes making it look better for Sassy based off Hulk being a nuke and still scoring 48k like you said. He probably places at like Diamond 4 or something so 48k is still something impressive to him lmao.
    Yeah this is the argument I'm trying to make here, even most r3 nukes can't get a perfect score against a r3 Sassy (which they usually can against most r3 defenders). If you hypothetically throw a r3 Doom Abs Man or Rintrah in there against a r3 Hulk, that sp2 sp1 rotation is 100% gonna kill in under 45 with full health unless you can't parry or dex specials for some weird reason.
    That's why my vote goes to either Sassy or Mephisto.
    No, Mephisto would be

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah this is the argument I'm trying to make here, even most r3 nukes can't get a perfect score against a r3 Sassy (which they usually can against most r3 defenders). If you hypothetically throw a r3 Doom Abs Man or Rintrah in there against a r3 Hulk, that sp2 sp1 rotation is 100% gonna kill in under 45 with full health unless you can't parry or dex specials for some weird reason.
    Thing u said about those 3 doom abs rintrah all have 1 thing in common crit resist most champs these days in science are getting sunder debuffs which removes 100% crit resist
    No, Rintrah would be
    bm3epps said:

I meant to vote Mephisto, a sig 200 7* Mephisto would be scary. The aura damage would be absolutely ridiculous I bet even Bishop's or Chavez' energy resistance wouldn't stand a chance and if we didn't have a 7* Torch in the game yet, even 6* Torch wouldn't be able to nuke.

Prowler would absolutely destroy Memphisto as the aura damage doesn't affect him.
    You sure you wanna incinerate Mephisto for 20 seconds? Cause if you do that the only thing getting destroyed is the match, you either eat sp3 from the power gain or waste 30 seconds baiting one special after one combo.
    No, Mephisto would be

bm3epps said:

You sure you wanna incinerate Mephisto for 20 seconds? Cause if you do that the only thing getting destroyed is the match, you either eat sp3 from the power gain or waste 30 seconds baiting one special after one combo.
    Yeah using incinerate champions against Mephisto is a bad idea, same with Bishop. Prowler can work however, just don’t incinerate him
    No, Rintrah would be
    007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Bro's stuck in 2019 thinking people still use Torch for Doom when: Hulk, Red Guardian, Titania, Scorpion, Ham, Silk, Photon exist and would not only be able to clap Doom just as fast as Torch but with zero block damage (granted you can parry which 80% of the playerbase can do).
    No, Mephisto would be
    007Bishop said:

Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

You’ve probably forgot about the amount of science champs that take him down really easily
    No, Rintrah would be
    Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Thing u said about those 3 doom abs rintrah all have 1 thing in common crit resist most champs these days in science are getting sunder debuffs which removes 100% crit resist
    Yeah this too, Silk Photon and Luke both have it and it's definitely been a trend lately.
    Unlike any of those three Sassy reduces damage from all sources for each rage stack making him a tank even if you apply sunder or whatever, the only champ who can shut him down 100% reliably at the moment is Luke and we know for a fact very few people have a r3.
    No, Mephisto would be

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah this too, Silk Photon and Luke both have it and it's definitely been a trend lately.
    Unlike any of those three Sassy reduces damage from all sources for each rage stack making him a tank even if you apply sunder or whatever, the only champ who can shut him down 100% reliably at the moment is Luke and we know for a fact very few people have a r3.
    Yep as sassy shut down is exhaustions which only luke has mainly but sassy health is too big for any luke to nuke
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★
    No, Doom would be

bm3epps said:

Nah he might work, as he can drain remaining power after a special, and since mep get a lot of power and throws specials, you can even ramp up faster. He might be a good counter.
    No, Mephisto would be

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Reason why i think mephisto is more of a tougher counter is because the aura granting power if ur not incinerate immune hes a stall every activation since u cant nuke him because he also has the regen at 30%
    edited June 30
    No, Rintrah would be

bm3epps said:

Nah he might work, as he can drain remaining power after a special, and since mep get a lot of power and throws specials, you can even ramp up faster. He might be a good counter.
    He will if you bait every single special but it's not gonna be a quick fight. Not only would you be constantly bating specials you would have to make sure that 1. Burning aura isn't up and 2. He's at zero power when you go for the heavy into sp2 cause he's gonna start gaining power like crazy during the special and will probably get to a sp2 (if burning aura is up you could end up eating sp3). Assuming you did that perfectly he still won't be dead so now you gotta finish off that last chunk of health after he regens, you still think he can get a 49k score easily? Go try it and let us know how it goes lol.

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah, guess its relative to where they place in BGs. He's probably a diamond-vibranium or Uwu placement , so 48k was something worthy of flexing for him, but nowhere near anything impressive for us that push higher.

I realized that the opinions are relative to where the person places once I saw my post on here saying Sassy as a 7* is better than Kindred had 10 disagrees. So people placing in lower brackets like the guy that posted the Lagacy/Andrewtheruff vid of Hulk vs Sas might still be having issues with Kindreds aura, whereas those placing higher know its just a matter of punishing his specials , and saving a special /relic to finish him.
    No, Rintrah would be
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Reason why i think mephisto is more of a tougher counter is because the aura granting power if ur not incinerate immune hes a stall every activation since u cant nuke him because he also has the regen at 30%
    Oh I agree 100% there, the only strong counter for a 7* Mephisto would be a 7* Torch or Red Guardian, if there is no Torch or Red Guardian I don't even think it'd be possible to get a perfect score. Especially not against a sig 200 Mephisto, I could even see Kabam releasing more incinerate immune science champs before we get a 7* Mephisto cause atm it's really just Torch and Red Guardian if you go for parry heavy only, rarely triggers the aura. Most science champs still struggle a lot.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yep as sassy shut down is exhaustions which only luke has mainly but sassy health is too big for any luke to nuke
    A r3 Luke can probably take a r3 Sassy down in 40-45 but yeah I don't see 25-30 nuke happening.
    No, Mephisto would be

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Oh I agree 100% there, the only strong counter for a 7* Mephisto would be a 7* Torch or Red Guardian, if there is no Torch or Red Guardian I don't even think it'd be possible to get a perfect score. Especially not against a sig 200 Mephisto, I could even see Kabam releasing more incinerate immune science champs before we get a 7* Mephisto cause atm it's really just Torch and Red Guardian if you go for parry heavy only, rarely triggers the aura. Most science champs still struggle a lot.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

A r3 Luke can probably take a r3 Sassy down in 40-45 but yeah I don't see 25-30 nuke happening.
    Yeah even then i think that be too slow also the regen luke doesnt use petrify so keeping enough debuffs up be annoying
    No, Mephisto would be
    Actually 7 star Mephisto would be a great addition, but I do want to see a small damage buff. Maybe put the Champion synergy in his base kit, and increase the aura damage based on number of buffs, also make it so that sp1 doesn’t consume a soul. This way he can be a better attacker as well