**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Do you think Sasquatch would still be the best 7* Mystic Defender if?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

If all the tough mystic 6*'s existed as 7*'s? Or do you think it would be someone else instead? (BGs purpose so taking into factor both fight time and health)

He's not even the best 7* Mystic defender though. Yeah he has a large health pool, but he can still get dropped in under a minute.
    I have never seen a r3 Sasquatch go down in under a minute you got any clips? Unless some psycho out there has a r3 Luke I don't see how that would be possible, I've tried even with Red Guardian r5 ascended sig 200, still went over a minute.

As other players here have confirmed, it can be done. Here is another player who did it. Andrew The Ruff's Hulk vs Lagacy's r3 and awakened Sassy.

Ehhh that is doable I suppose but at the same time 48k (almost 47k) is a beatable score. A r3 Hulk is one of the hardest nukes in the game the fact that he couldn't get a 50k score is crazy.
    Yeah im not sure what he was trying to achieve with that video, if anything hes making it look better for Sassy based off Hulk being a nuke and still scoring 48k like you said. He probably places at like Diamond 4 or something so 48k is still something impressive to him lmao.
    Yeah this is the argument I'm trying to make here, even most r3 nukes can't get a perfect score against a r3 Sassy (which they usually can against most r3 defenders). If you hypothetically throw a r3 Doom Abs Man or Rintrah in there against a r3 Hulk, that sp2 sp1 rotation is 100% gonna kill in under 45 with full health unless you can't parry or dex specials for some weird reason.
    That's why my vote goes to either Sassy or Mephisto.
    Thing u said about those 3 doom abs rintrah all have 1 thing in common crit resist most champs these days in science are getting sunder debuffs which removes 100% crit resist
    Yeah this too, Silk Photon and Luke both have it and it's definitely been a trend lately.
    Unlike any of those three Sassy reduces damage from all sources for each rage stack making him a tank even if you apply sunder or whatever, the only champ who can shut him down 100% reliably at the moment is Luke and we know for a fact very few people have a r3.
    Reason why i think mephisto is more of a tougher counter is because the aura granting power if ur not incinerate immune hes a stall every activation since u cant nuke him because he also has the regen at 30%
    Oh I agree 100% there, the only strong counter for a 7* Mephisto would be a 7* Torch or Red Guardian, if there is no Torch or Red Guardian I don't even think it'd be possible to get a perfect score. Especially not against a sig 200 Mephisto, I could even see Kabam releasing more incinerate immune science champs before we get a 7* Mephisto cause atm it's really just Torch and Red Guardian if you go for parry heavy only, rarely triggers the aura. Most science champs still struggle a lot.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

If all the tough mystic 6*'s existed as 7*'s? Or do you think it would be someone else instead? (BGs purpose so taking into factor both fight time and health)

He's not even the best 7* Mystic defender though. Yeah he has a large health pool, but he can still get dropped in under a minute.
    I have never seen a r3 Sasquatch go down in under a minute you got any clips? Unless some psycho out there has a r3 Luke I don't see how that would be possible, I've tried even with Red Guardian r5 ascended sig 200, still went over a minute.

As other players here have confirmed, it can be done. Here is another player who did it. Andrew The Ruff's Hulk vs Lagacy's r3 and awakened Sassy.

Ehhh that is doable I suppose but at the same time 48k (almost 47k) is a beatable score. A r3 Hulk is one of the hardest nukes in the game the fact that he couldn't get a 50k score is crazy.
    Yeah im not sure what he was trying to achieve with that video, if anything hes making it look better for Sassy based off Hulk being a nuke and still scoring 48k like you said. He probably places at like Diamond 4 or something so 48k is still something impressive to him lmao.
    Yeah this is the argument I'm trying to make here, even most r3 nukes can't get a perfect score against a r3 Sassy (which they usually can against most r3 defenders). If you hypothetically throw a r3 Doom Abs Man or Rintrah in there against a r3 Hulk, that sp2 sp1 rotation is 100% gonna kill in under 45 with full health unless you can't parry or dex specials for some weird reason.
    Thing u said about those 3 doom abs rintrah all have 1 thing in common crit resist most champs these days in science are getting sunder debuffs which removes 100% crit resist
    Yeah this too, Silk Photon and Luke both have it and it's definitely been a trend lately.
    Unlike any of those three Sassy reduces damage from all sources for each rage stack making him a tank even if you apply sunder or whatever, the only champ who can shut him down 100% reliably at the moment is Luke and we know for a fact very few people have a r3.
    Yep as sassy shut down is exhaustions which only luke has mainly but sassy health is too big for any luke to nuke
    A r3 Luke can probably take a r3 Sassy down in 40-45 but yeah I don't see 25-30 nuke happening.
    Do agree we will probs get more incinerate immune science like if only void was a nuke option
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    No, Rintrah would be
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah, guess its relative to where they place in BGs. He's probably a diamond-vibranium or Uwu placement , so 48k was something worthy of flexing for him, but nowhere near anything impressive for us that push higher.

I realized that the opinions are relative to where the person places once I saw my post on here saying Sassy as a 7* is better than Kindred had 10 disagrees. So people placing in lower brackets like the guy that posted the Lagacy/Andrewtheruff vid of Hulk vs Sas might still be having issues with Kindreds aura, whereas those placing higher know its just a matter of punishing his specials , and saving a special /relic to finish him.
    That seems to be the case yeah, I've clapped Kindreds with Adam even it's just a matter of timing the special punish and saving a special for the root, never have issues fighting him. Whereas Sassy, I have a r2 and whenever I see a r3 I still ban them cause I usually timeout especially this meta lol no thanks I will be more than happy to sacrifice mine as well.

I think the issue is when you're in the lower leagues you don't need a perfect score just a better score, in the higher ones you absolutely need a perfect score 90% of the time. If you understand how to counter Kindred's mechanics (which are really all about skill you don't need actual counters you can even do it with cosmics) it is 100% easier to get a 50k score against a r3 Kindred than a r3 Sassy purely because of time.
  • Options
    No, Rintrah would be
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Reason why i think mephisto is more of a tougher counter is because the aura granting power if ur not incinerate immune hes a stall every activation since u cant nuke him because he also has the regen at 30%
    Oh I agree 100% there, the only strong counter for a 7* Mephisto would be a 7* Torch or Red Guardian, if there is no Torch or Red Guardian I don't even think it'd be possible to get a perfect score. Especially not against a sig 200 Mephisto, I could even see Kabam releasing more incinerate immune science champs before we get a 7* Mephisto cause atm it's really just Torch and Red Guardian if you go for parry heavy only, rarely triggers the aura. Most science champs still struggle a lot.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yep as sassy shut down is exhaustions which only luke has mainly but sassy health is too big for any luke to nuke
    A r3 Luke can probably take a r3 Sassy down in 40-45 but yeah I don't see 25-30 nuke happening.
    Do agree we will probs get more incinerate immune science like if only void was a nuke option
    Void's always been one of my favorite science champs it's just unfortunate that it's so hard to get the 7* up to sig 200 cause a r3 sig 200 would go hard.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Void's always been one of my favorite science champs it's just unfortunate that it's so hard to get the 7* up to sig 200 cause a r3 sig 200 would go hard.
    I dont even have a copy of a 7 void but i have a 6 r5a but if pulled 7 yeah r3
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah, guess its relative to where they place in BGs. He's probably a diamond-vibranium or Uwu placement , so 48k was something worthy of flexing for him, but nowhere near anything impressive for us that push higher.

I realized that the opinions are relative to where the person places once I saw my post on here saying Sassy as a 7* is better than Kindred had 10 disagrees. So people placing in lower brackets like the guy that posted the Lagacy/Andrewtheruff vid of Hulk vs Sas might still be having issues with Kindreds aura, whereas those placing higher know its just a matter of punishing his specials , and saving a special /relic to finish him.
    That seems to be the case yeah, I've clapped Kindreds with Adam even it's just a matter of timing the special punish and saving a special for the root, never have issues fighting him. Whereas Sassy, I have a r2 and whenever I see a r3 I still ban them cause I usually timeout especially this meta lol no thanks I will be more than happy to sacrifice mine as well.

I think the issue is when you're in the lower leagues you don't need a perfect score just a better score, in the higher ones you absolutely need a perfect score 90% of the time. If you understand how to counter Kindred's mechanics (which are really all about skill you don't need actual counters you can even do it with cosmics) it is 100% easier to get a 50k score against a r3 Kindred than a r3 Sassy purely because of time.
    Kindred does catch a lot of higher tier players off guard too so I’d disagree with polygon there. Lags hates fighting him and his AI is one of the worst in the game imo.

I know how to punish his specials and everything, but sometimes it just so happens that my power wasn’t managed perfectly and I’m clapped lol. Trappy brought this up in his tier list too. Sassy is an easy S but Kindred is a hard A for how punishing he is

He’s one of those defenders that can also get exponentially harder in some metas like the crit one and the 7* block pen stat on him puts a pretty big hole in you if you’re trying to counter specials
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,010 ★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be
    Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Kindred does catch a lot of higher tier players off guard too so I’d disagree with polygon there. Lags hates fighting him and his AI is one of the worst in the game imo.

I know how to punish his specials and everything, but sometimes it just so happens that my power wasn’t managed perfectly and I’m clapped lol. Trappy brought this up in his tier list too. Sassy is an easy S but Kindred is a hard A for how punishing he is

He’s one of those defenders that can also get exponentially harder in some metas like the crit one and the 7* block pen stat on him puts a pretty big hole in you if you’re trying to counter specials
    Agreed, also while there are a lot of incinerate immune champions, almost no one is degen immune. Consider that
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 477 ★★★
    No, Mephisto would be

without the few science nukes doom would be really tough to fight. I have gotten kills with doom even in arcane.

rintrah and abs man are tanks, but still they have easy to dodge specials and way less block damage. doom rules!

Doom sucks on defense easy specials to dex and isn’t as tanky as rintrah or sassy
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,010 ★★★★
    No, Mephisto would be

without the few science nukes doom would be really tough to fight. I have gotten kills with doom even in arcane.

rintrah and abs man are tanks, but still they have easy to dodge specials and way less block damage. doom rules!

Doom sucks on defense easy specials to dex and isn’t as tanky as rintrah or sassy
    Doom’s specials still clip me from time to time
  • Options
    No, Rintrah would be
    Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I agree that he's still a top defender and the random Chavez-like heavy attacks are sometimes problematic but when it comes to r3s Sassy is imo harder to beat with a perfect score. Purely due to the fact that a lot of champs can handle Kindred cause you don't need a very specific counter, Sassy you need a very specific counter and even partial counters can't exactly nuke him in 20-35 secs. Kindred you definitely can nuke with some champs as long as he doesn't go crazy with the heavies and ruin everything which doesn't happen as often for me at least.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I agree that he's still a top defender and the random Chavez-like heavy attacks are sometimes problematic but when it comes to r3s Sassy is imo harder to beat with a perfect score. Purely due to the fact that a lot of champs can handle Kindred cause you don't need a very specific counter, Sassy you need a very specific counter and even partial counters can't exactly nuke him in 20-35 secs. Kindred you definitely can nuke with some champs as long as he doesn't go crazy with the heavies and ruin everything which doesn't happen as often for me at least.
    Oh yeah Sassy duped at r3 is definitely better, I just think Kindred deserved some props. Honestly one of my least favorite characters to fight but also a really well done defender. I’d really like your kindred AI too because mine is on crack. It’s not just the heavies, he also does a lot of special intercepts and turtling. I’ve actually never fought a r3 Kindred, mostly just 6* sig 200 ones but I imagine the block damage you’d take would be quite a bit

Sassy is the king cause of his tankiness and I doubt that'll change for a while. Conceptually easier, but way bulkier and wrath rng can be the worst. I fought one with my Starky which is usually a fast fight, but he got up to 10 stacks and still wasn’t triggering wrath
  • Options
    edited June 30
    No, Rintrah would be
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Oh yeah Sassy duped at r3 is definitely better, I just think Kindred deserved some props. Honestly one of my least favorite characters to fight but also a really well done defender. I’d really like your kindred AI too because mine is on crack. It’s not just the heavies, he also does a lot of special intercepts and turtling. I’ve actually never fought a r3 Kindred, mostly just 6* sig 200 ones but I imagine the block damage you’d take would be quite a bit

Sassy is the king cause of his tankiness and I doubt that'll change for a while. Conceptually easier, but way bulkier and wrath rng can be the worst. I fought one with my Starky which is usually a fast fight, but he got up to 10 stacks and still wasn’t triggering wrath
    I still think Kindred is a top 5 defender within the mystic class yeah, he's always in my deck too.
    The special intercepts have happened only twice to me this season thankfully but yes I know what you mean, just doesn't happen that often to me cause my luck lol.

That's the worst part when RNG refuses to trigger Wrath and you end up wasting 40 seconds cause the damn Wrath didn't trigger. I timed out with r5 Scorpion because of it, took him out ofy deck immediately 💀
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 477 ★★★
    No, Mephisto would be
    Honestly I’d put kindred over any other mystic defender max sig kindred is annoying one mistake can be a loss in bgs