Kabam Milking money

Elson62Elson62 Member Posts: 6
I don't understand why Kabam had to make the game more difficult in hopes of people spending more money on the game, WoW and now SoS content is getting more frustrating than ever, the AI just skips frames yet Kabam denies they changed the AI, they call people bad BTGs xD, like how does this game even exist it's pathetic and beyond my comprehension

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    U could maybe not do it they have said this is end end game content for the summoners that have nothing to do and want something challenging.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    People lost their jobs because they weren't making enough money.

• Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    I get the frustration as a ftp myself, but this game that I enjoy so much would literally not have lasted this long without spenders, it’s a free to download and play mobile game, the company relies on its consumer base to keep the the cogs turning so to speak.
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Member Posts: 164 ★★
    At least you have battle grounds to fall back on
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Cry more
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Elson62 said:

I don't understand why Kabam had to make the game more difficult in hopes of people spending more money on the game, WoW and now SoS content is getting more frustrating than ever, the AI just skips frames yet Kabam denies they changed the AI, they call people bad BTGs xD, like how does this game even exist it's pathetic and beyond my comprehension

And yet here you are.

And while you're here, ponder this: most people who play this game do not spend anything; never have, and never will. Most people do not spend. And yet, here they are as well.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

We do not know that. Layoffs and other job terminations happen for all sorts of reasons. More to the point: there is no such thing as "enough money." There's no amount of revenue you can name that would immunize a company from layoffs. Apple makes more money every day than MCOC makes in a year, and even they lay off people.
    I was going to say something snarky but it will go nowhere.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,313 ★★★★★
    edited July 4

Companies make money all the time mate. It's just that Bloody Capitalism only aim for maximum profits, So all corporates aim for the maximum efficiency (Exploitation) with minimum workforce.

They don't give a slight F about how the workers' feel. All of em.

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,625 ★★★★★
    I'm just curious about where OP uses the available free revives to say he is being milked money....
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,418 ★★★★★
    MCOC isn’t a pay to win game
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

We do not know that. Layoffs and other job terminations happen for all sorts of reasons. More to the point: there is no such thing as "enough money." There's no amount of revenue you can name that would immunize a company from layoffs. Apple makes more money every day than MCOC makes in a year, and even they lay off people.
    I was going to say something snarky but it will go nowhere.
    No worries, I'll lay out what's up with Kabam, in fun picture form

1)

2)

3)

4)
    Now Dave has much more time on his hands to return to MCOC

I'm sure DNA can explain how a game in development for years and costing millions missing 2 release windows before being yanked indefinitely and rebranded under the Netmarble brand is not great financially for our fearless company. It's sad really, as a lot of hard work by a lot of folks is in jeopardy of being written off.

But sure, recent and upcoming companywide Kabam layoffs may be unrelated.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 438 ★★
    Elson62 said:

If u were the head of the company with each new content ,new champ ,new things every month.

Will u be happy without any money generated ??
    Developer salary ,other employees salary
    & Still as a business want to make profit
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    I think the difficulty of hard content is acceptable for end game player, but I think the problem is the bug and wonky AI
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    edited July 4
    I hope so, i’ve spent some money over the course of 3 years, not a lot compared to other people (mostly only kept to the £5 deals) but i’d very much prefer the game keep running on money grubbing then lose the money i spent on a game that no longer exist 😅
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I've done every winter of woe and spring of sorrow fight using only revives and boosts I've saved from calendars and events. If you're using loads of revives per fight it might be more of an issue with skill and learning how you're supposed to do the fights
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,487 ★★★★
    Elson62 said:

Because they want to make money duh . This is basically gambling . People with addictive personalities become obsessed with this game and when their skills and time isn’t enough they start spending money on it . Even if only 0,1 % of the users get so addicted they started spending hundreds if not even thousands of dollars this more than enough for Kabam . This is how capitalism works

• Elson62Elson62 Member Posts: 6
    Since Apparently most people didn't understand what I meant, I'll reiterate, the problem isn't the fact that kabam is trying to make money/profit, the problem is how they're doing, theres so many ways to make money without having to change the AI or rely on bugs to force people to spend, sure I can stop playing the game, but I don't want to, I'm not complaining it's just a statement made in frustration from SoS. I haven't seen any other mobile company trying to make profit by changing AI, bugs etc.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    edited July 7
    Pikolu said:

There are many companies making a ton of money that fire people for a multitude of reasons.
    You got any news on why mike and Jax left?
    Or @Pikolu @DNA3000

Both of them leaving in quick succession can't be coincidence alone, maybe both didn't liked the way Kabam/net marble were trying to handle things? Or some little arguments?
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    Elson62 said:

Since Apparently most people didn't understand what I meant, I'll reiterate, the problem isn't the fact that kabam is trying to make money/profit, the problem is how they're doing, theres so many ways to make money without having to change the AI or rely on bugs to force people to spend, sure I can stop playing the game, but I don't want to, I'm not complaining it's just a statement made in frustration from SoS. I haven't seen any other mobile company trying to make profit by changing AI, bugs etc.

Is what you said is true, this is a unethical business man!!!!