AW - Can an alliance running 1 BG achieve Silver 1?

winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
It looks like my alliance can achieve 10-0 after today's war ends (most successful Season thus far).
Currently only placed mid 300 in Silver 2.

Running only 1 BG.
Tier 10 War Map.

Looking at the result, seems like it is not possible to jump into Silver 1.
Correct?

Comments

• Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    My alliance used to run one BG in war and it was a struggle to move up. We wound be 8-4 or better each season with slight movement. I think we were finally able to hit Silver one but it took many wars. Now we run 3 big with everyone placing different defenders in each big. As an alliance explore about 60-70% each war and we move to gold 4 in no time. You get so much more points for having 3 bigs even if you lose. If you can get 3 players on each big and have defenders place by all 30 members (diversity is key), you will see your alliance move up fast.
  • JoeblowJoeblow Member Posts: 22
    Our alliance is an old folks retirement alliance. We’ve ran 1 BG in AW for ages and typically finish Silver 1. With enough effort and full participation, I’d imagine gold is achievable. Hope that helps! GL
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Joeblow said:

Our alliance is an old folks retirement alliance. We’ve ran 1 BG in AW for ages and typically finish Silver 1. With enough effort and full participation, I’d imagine gold is achievable. Hope that helps! GL

With recent changes to increase Diversity for points, and even years-back changes to lower the Win Bonus points, really does make sense to expand to 2 or 3 BG's even if you’re not gonna win a lot of wars.

And remember, that any “non full” defenses you encounter, you can have everyone use their UNDO once each war to double-dip on Explore (and free bonus) points for totally empty segments.
    Travel an Empty segment, then backup with UNDO and take the path next to it that actually has defenders on it.

Just the amount of general points to be had in each extra BG will make up for losing more.
  • SlugheadSlughead Member Posts: 23

And remember, that any “non full” defenses you encounter, you can have everyone use their UNDO once each war to double-dip on Explore (and free bonus) points for totally empty segments.
    Travel an Empty segment, then backup with UNDO and take the path next to it that actually has defenders on it.

That's an awesome tip, I hadn't thought of doing that. I'm in a semi-retired alliance so we often don't fill up the groups, that would help us to get more exploration (sometimes).
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

It looks like my alliance can achieve 10-0 after today's war ends (most successful Season thus far).

Spoke too soon. :(
    9-1. The 9 was not 100% exploration. Lost War 10 as Opponent achieved 100% map coverage.
    So hopefully get to stay in Tier at end of Season.
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,231 ★★★★★
    I run 1bg war but in tier 3. Currently in gold 4 but usually end up in gold 5. Have to go 10-2 or better to stay in gold 4.