Prof X fix (nerf)

XmannyXmanny Posts: 11
With the new update, Prof X won't continue to gain channelling charges when striker canceling from a heavy. 

I do think this is a shame as it allows him to ramp slightly quicker and has made him somewhat viable in some past battleground metas etc. I know he wasn't designed with this intention, but I don't feel it made him broken or overpowered in any way, it was just a unique relic interaction that made the character more fun to use imo. I had figured the devs agreed as this bug had been in the game for so long. But now to remove it at this point feels like a nerf to the character. 

Bit sad as he's one of my favourite characters but probably won't be taking mine up to rank 3 anytime soon now.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,709 ★★★★★
    I swear... This community.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed that interaction so much, made him so more easier to play
  • XmannyXmanny Posts: 11
    edited July 6
    I'm not saying it wasn't a bug or kabam are unjustified in any way. I'm acknowledging the fix and moreso voicing my remorse that one of my favourite characters will be less viable in some instances after becoming accustomed to utilizing this bug for the past 18 months.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,773 ★★★★★
    But he didn't say silent.
  • NightheartNightheart Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    Bugs are meant to be fixed so it was coming sooner or later
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,795 ★★★★★
    It is a nerf but it isn't anything like the Mole Man or Namor nerf we've had before.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,653 ★★★★★

At least the word was right no silence. Involves.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 404 ★★★
    TrongNov said:

Yes everyone, except you. Wow
    Nope. Me tooo
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 264 ★★
    What did I miss.. what was the interaction what I never cared to realize exist?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,709 ★★★★★

Bug that benefits player: Fixed after being discovered a couple months ago

Galan incinerate bug that's been present since release that hurts the player: 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️

Mole man- At least 1.5 years
    Shocker- Since he was released so at least months
    She Hulk- years
    Barron Zemo- a long time

Why do you continue to spread that lie that "pro player bugs" get fixed faster? You're literally commenting on a thread where a bug that benefited players for over a year.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,612 ★★★★★

Bug that benefits player: Fixed after being discovered a couple months ago

Galan incinerate bug that's been present since release that hurts the player: 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️

Mole man- At least 1.5 years
    Shocker- Since he was released so at least months
    She Hulk- years
    Barron Zemo- a long time

Why do you continue to spread that lie that "pro player bugs" get fixed faster? You're literally commenting on a thread where a bug that benefited players for over a year.
    Its so people can call silent nerfs to things
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 893 ★★★★
    I do understand that it was definitely an unintended interaction, but it made him feel so much faster to ramp. Oh well I guess.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 2,876 ★★★★
    And now I probably won't use prof x anymore
  • It was a bug. Don't call it a nerf.