Start Hoarding my Crystals?

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
A while back I decided I’d just invest in 6* because 7* basics are annoying (titans have been good at least but they’re rare) and a few weeks later, that streak continues. A bunch of trash sigs on every champ I don’t want more of (gambit, rocket, Emma) and I’m getting tired of opening these.

I’ll still continue investing in my 6* and trying to have fun, but the fun kinda gets sucked out when you have nothing new to work with and grow your roster. I think I’ll scream if my next crystal is another dud champ

Hoarding doesn’t change the crystal ofc but it’ll be nice to see the number of shards tick up I guess? Idk this is more of a how do I preserve my Mcoc sanity than anything else.

Start Hoarding my Crystals? 57 votes

Open them immediately and pray
64%
PantherusNZSecondSkrillerphillgreenNescioContestOfNoobsAshyKnucklesCassyNukeEddieVanWSachhyam257Colinwhitworth69Ayden_noah1peixemacacoFlintTheSavagecaptain_rogersVeer4_0DocWestItsClobberinTimeTalhamazizKrishna24 37 votes
Hoard them and pray
33%
AzKicker316Ragnarok13Mhd20034Rayven5220Sagacious0wlSpadeHunterTerminatrixNONYABIZZLickySammyDeLevross23ManbatnLegend_WriterSuper_Cretu90Stone3xYukzii_IIKingering_KingTheXunknownStatik 19 votes
Other
1%
YodaKaj 1 vote

Comments

• AecynAecyn Member Posts: 96
    You'll always pop them and feel like they could have been better but the build up to a single crystal into a potential new awesome champ is what makes it fun for me. Every once in a while, a banger champ comes out. I feel like if you wait to open say, 20 crystals. The feeling of opening the one or two awesome champs is diminished by the other champs you don't like. Everyone is different of course. My buddy is on the other end where he likes to not feel disappointed with individual crystals so he opens a bunch so he can be excited to have pulled some.good ones...
  • Stone3xStone3x Member Posts: 60
    Hoard them and pray
    Hoard crystals for sure, specially handy when feature crystals roll around got a solid chance off getting the new champs
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Open now before more mid champs like sable and nega get added to the basic
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    Just keep opening them as they come up - a great champ could be just around the corner
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Imagine the disappointment if you hoard and then pop all duds from all that excitement. Better to hope you get something good each pop, I pray you get a good one next 👍
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    edited July 10
    Prayer does not help, btw.

I open them as soon as I can. You never know what you might pull that will open up some aspect of the game to you. Or you might pull ****. Only one way to find out.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    Makes arena easier.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    edited July 11
    Hoard them and pray
    Emilia90 said:

A while back I decided I’d just invest in 6* because 7* basics are annoying (titans have been good at least but they’re rare) and a few weeks later, that streak continues. A bunch of trash sigs on every champ I don’t want more of (gambit, rocket, Emma) and I’m getting tired of opening these.

I’ll still continue investing in my 6* and trying to have fun, but the fun kinda gets sucked out when you have nothing new to work with and grow your roster. I think I’ll scream if my next crystal is another dud champ

Hoarding doesn’t change the crystal ofc but it’ll be nice to see the number of shards tick up I guess? Idk this is more of a how do I preserve my Mcoc sanity than anything else.

From a hoarder who's been saving 7* shards to get to 1 million:

Try to have more than one reason for hoarding. If one fails, you'll still have the others to keep you going.

Set a champion acquirement goal. Who do you want more than anything?

And since you want to go grow your roster and take a shot at new champs, then pop a few shard crystals at a time, and save the rest.

Ask yourself if you can handle more hoarding and the various possibilities that come with it. Keep in mind that it's all still a gamble and your champ pull could go either way. You could get great champs, you could get absolute traaaassssshhhhhhh. Gotta be ready for it.

Take this from someone who saved 120,000 Titan shards and opened them to try to awaken Serpent. I had 100,000 shards of hot garbage 💀💀💀 Only good pull was White Tiger.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

I’m quitting. Catch y’all on the flip side. Sig 80 rocket and thing after doing incursions I can’t anymore
    Hoard them and pray
    Emilia90 said:

I’m quitting. Catch y’all on the flip side. Sig 80 rocket and thing after doing incursions I can’t anymore

If you have your mind set on quitting over champ pulls, then maybe you need a vacay from the game.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

If you have your mind set on quitting over champ pulls, then maybe you need a vacay from the game.
    It’s been a long bad pull streak and it gets tiring to sig 80 champs after working for a crystal. It’s different when it’s been 20+ crystals with awful luck. I probably do need a vacation though, kinda tired of playing when my 7* roster is halted
    Hoard them and pray
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

It’s been a long bad pull streak and it gets tiring to sig 80 champs after working for a crystal. It’s different when it’s been 20+ crystals with awful luck. I probably do need a vacation though, kinda tired of playing when my 7* roster is halted
    I feel that pain and frustration
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Technically there is no luck in this game. There is an even chance that you will get any of the characters and you will eventually get a good one. It took me 10 7*s to finally get a good one.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

This is worse than cutting onions 😭🤣🤣
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 394 ★★

Emilia90 said:

From a hoarder who's been saving 7* shards to get to 1 million:

Try to have more than one reason for hoarding. If one fails, you'll still have the others to keep you going.

Set a champion acquirement goal. Who do you want more than anything?

And since you want to go grow your roster and take a shot at new champs, then pop a few shard crystals at a time, and save the rest.

Ask yourself if you can handle more hoarding and the various possibilities that come with it. Keep in mind that it's all still a gamble and your champ pull could go either way. You could get great champs, you could get absolute traaaassssshhhhhhh. Gotta be ready for it.

Take this from someone who saved 120,000 Titan shards and opened them to try to awaken Serpent. I had 100,000 shards of hot garbage 💀💀💀 Only good pull was White Tiger.
    You should have spent in July 4 to get more shards 👀
  • TalhamazizTalhamaziz Member Posts: 112
    For me it's like a 10 sec timer if I did not open the crystal I will take 100% burst of damage.