**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone experiencing frequent "no block" at start of fight?

WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
Since downloading the new update yesterday, I've put in quit a bit of gameplay since and felt compelled to raise this question after having my fill of starting a fight with my champ not blocking and getting pummeled.

In nearly 3 yrs of playing, I have only tried attacking to begin a fight only a handful of times and 99% of my usual play begins with holding block to begin when the "Ready" graphic displays.

Since yesterday, I've opened a fight getting hit approximately 20 times now whilst holding down to block as mentioned previously. I'm pretty confident to state that has not happened 20 times in all my play put together. I've experienced minimal to no lag in any fight, and my LTE speed is always in the upper spectrum.

Could it be possible there has been some changes made to blocking that I haven't been made aware of, or am I possibly having some delusional experience and having hand eye coordination breakdown all of a sudden? LOL

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    There are some issues with certain devices or so I’ve heard. I always throw up a block when my champ is under the “F” in FIGHT to get the initial parry.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes, it's been happening for a while.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I either tap for block or swipe back at the F myself, but since the update game play has been way off. I'm eating combos at the beginning of 70-80% of fights. Happened a couple of times in war on Thursday, I got rekt 0-12, just couldn't control my iceman. In AQ I was lucky to be able to recover after 2-3 quick hits then finish rest of fight without being touched.

It's making things frustrating for sure, I keep hoping it's just RNG and I pulling over aggressive AI, but as much as it's occurring I'm having a hard time convincing myself of it.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    It was an issue prior to this update but now it happens more frequent
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    It's odd because this was never an issue for me prior to this last update. Missing blocks during a fight happened often, but never when the fight is starting as I've experience these past couple days. I almost want to believe that maybe some change was made as to when a block input is being accepted now. In the past, I could input and hold block during loading and it would still function as I would expect it to when fighting commenced.

Its frustrating as hell especially when it happened during fights against a champ whos atk rating is 5k+ and the fight is over before I even get an opportunity to do anything.
  • mijrahimijrahi Posts: 12
    As usual Kabaam only immediately or quickly fixes bugs and issues that benefit the players, and bugs that benefit them take months, if they ever get fixed.

I'm having significant issues with champions entering or holding block. It seems that very often my champs don't actually enter block when I hold my thumb down on the screen. Or they don't enter block quickly enough despite having enough time to properly enter block.

Or when I'm holding block, the champion inexplicably begins to move forward, usually into the opponents attack.

I also experience the random can't dash back from block issue while trying to evade an opponent's attack.

And the Parry timing seems to be inconsistent. I'm not able to successfully parry as much as I usually do in situations where I've had no problem parrying before.

Kabaam needs to fix these issues ASAP, as they are seriously hurting the game experience. It is extremely frustrating to fight when we can't reliably depend on the skills that we have gained though years of play. I don't ever have a problem when I lose a fight due to my own incompetence, but I sure as hell have an issue when I lose fights due to Kabaam's incompetence.

Also as usual, Kabaam rarely acknowledges these issues or communicates to us that they are working on them, further confirming they have little interest in correcting them.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    Happens to me all the time. Tested it out and it seems to happen more on the advance quests like masters and uncollected. Not sure if it is an algorithm that was put in to give the AI an advantage and this is a bug that appeared or what but its happening. The "dropped" blocks also continue to happen, mostly in quest and war though.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    edited December 2017
    WÏCKED wrote: »
    You mean the whole damn fight. Block what’s that never works? Also sick of specials being blocked. I always do a combo and the 5 hit I push l2 and block. Hit 1 hit hit special and blocked again. Game is just sad no clue why I even play

Its called addiction and we all have it....
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited December 2017
    Welcome to the struggles that android users go through every day

Remind me of this thread later I'll test it out, then if need be make a video and submit
  • If you’re using an Apple device, turn off 3D touch in settings / accessibility... solved it for me
    NeO1730 wrote: »
    If you’re using an Apple device, turn off 3D touch in settings / accessibility... solved it for me

Last Iphone I owned was the very 1st model unveiled back in 2007 or 08' if memory serves me. LOL

after roughly a year, been using android since. Have only used 3 models since I started playing in early 2015. Funny but the 1st and least powerful phone had close to none of the issues so prevalent since the radical 12.0 update. <sigh>

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    It's probably because you are fighting Unblockable Finale nodes and not even realizing it. There are several in this month's event quest
  • Yep, been happening to be a lot with the pasts 2 updates.
  • BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 117
    edited December 2017
    No issues here....
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Honestly they don’t know how to keep the game running normally and I mentioned before this emergency maintenance will become as normal as other issues in the game we have like parry blocking dex and lags
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    It's probably because you are fighting Unblockable Finale nodes and not even realizing it. There are several in this month's event quest

Valid point you have, but just hasn't been the case for me. I will admit I normally blitz through a majority of content without bothering to read the node buffs.
    With this Lab event in particular, the combinations of nodes they have are so ridiculous at times(especially in expert) , I've paid attention to each fights list of nodes and used randomizers where necessary.

The only instance I got caught by surprise an "Unblockable", it was with the a node which I only saw once and played without "randomizing". I cant recall what it was called, but the description basically read "specials don't trigger often, but when they do, it's stunning(or spectacular or something to that effect) with nothing to elude to the fact that every atk is unblockable after they trigger a special.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I don't know what block is in this game unless you hold it and get lucky befor you get hit you have no block. Mid combo to block is nearly impossible so annoying.