Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,472 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

Magik wouldn't be broken in today's standards. Several champs can control power as hard as she does and hit way harder. Don't believe what kabam says. They said wolverine regen was too overpowered lmao
    Yet here we are, years after his 6 star and nobody is talking about him.
    As for limbo damage, I mean look at the recent champs and their "unavoidable" damage. What's so different ?

Why are you guys using limbo as a defensive ability only?...
    Sure, and what's broken about limbo offensively ?
    Limbo offensively while cornering and spamming is not broken?...
    Are you talking about the small damage that comes from it or the healing from it? Either way nothing broken offensively. Small limbo damage and if you play her correctly and don't get hit the healing won't happen
    Did you look at your 5* to call it small? Cause you know it scales up...
    Let's compare.
    5r5 magik limbo damage is listed at 540 per sec.
    6r2 deathless guillotine degen is listed at 3800 over 6 sec. Which is 633 per sec.
    Limbo is guaranteed with sp2 and has a chance to happen with each power bar crossed. Guillotine is RNG but not that rare and can stack up.
    So where is the broken offensive limbo damage ?
    You just answered your own question..
    Limbo is guaranteed with sp2.. while the other one is RNG....
    The chances of not getting a single degen on your way to sp2 is close to zero. My point is Guilly ain't broken. I could have picked 20 champs with a stronger dot. Magik won't be broken, defensively in today's standards, offensively in already many years standards. Period.
    I edited my answer, are we going to compare ability per ability or the kit itself?
    Period? Rofl You have to compare a 5r5 with a 6r2 (which has potential to become a 6r5 DUH!), and you think you are right.
    Sure lets get 6* Magik and cap her at R2...
    What's wrong with comparing a 5r5 with a 6r2? Same power. Potential to become 6r5? Yes and?
    I'm going to dedicate my phone battery to better things than arguing with the equivalent of a toddler's logic.
    Have a great weekend
    What you don't own a charger?..
    So you are going to compare a 5r5 against a 6r2 ..
    Ohh toddler logic here comes the agression due to lack of argument..
    So a 6r5 magik would be better or worse than a 6r5 deathless guillotine?... Pea brain
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Im not against magik, id rather say bring it lol.
    BUT, I get that why she had been left behind.

Man she was such a fun champ to use during, those times!!!
    Magik is THE Chef.

I do not want to fight a r6 magik on defense. But I want her in my deck to throw on defence lol
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    I think with where we are now, a 6* Magik wouldn't exactly break the game. In recent months we've had the likes of Dust, Onslaught, Bullseye, Serpent. Gladiator has gone from zero to hero. Magik as 6* would be good, but not Bullseye good.

If there's still a worry about a full release for 6* Magik, why not feature her in certain crystals or events but keep her out of the basic pool? I think the controlled release of 7* champions, and the way that it's been done, has worked relatively well. So why not have a controlled or limited release for a 6* Magik?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,095 ★★★★★
    Now I want 7r3 magik
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Now I want 7r3 magik

Now that would be too far
    Chobbly said:

I think with where we are now, a 6* Magik wouldn't exactly break the game. In recent months we've had the likes of Dust, Onslaught, Bullseye, Serpent. Gladiator has gone from zero to hero. Magik as 6* would be good, but not Bullseye good.

If there's still a worry about a full release for 6* Magik, why not feature her in certain crystals or events but keep her out of the basic pool? I think the controlled release of 7* champions, and the way that it's been done, has worked relatively well. So why not have a controlled or limited release for a 6* Magik?

Or make her earnable like the deathless
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Now I want 7r3 magik

I with you, a sig 200 7 star majic at rank 3 would be amazing. She will work for sure on offense with her power control but put on her defense and see what happens. Without the right counter, the limbo damage would be crazy.

I guess some people never played Magik....
    Its not about the limbo is the fact that unless they make a specific counter node like they did with Hercules, she can corner you in the wall and just spam sp2 for the whole duration of a fight.
    Wth have Bullseye and Onslaught have anything to do with the argument that she would probably cheese 90% of content...

Her power lock is a debuff, so debuff immunity stops her from spamming sp2s consistently

PT_99 said:

Now I want 7r3 magik

I with you, a sig 200 7 star majic at rank 3 would be amazing. She will work for sure on offense with her power control but put on her defense and see what happens. Without the right counter, the limbo damage would be crazy.
    Blade will finally be relevant again
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,701 ★★★★★
    edited July 13

Its not about the limbo is the fact that unless they make a specific counter node like they did with Hercules, she can corner you in the wall and just spam sp2 for the whole duration of a fight.
    Wth have Bullseye and Onslaught have anything to do with the argument that she would probably cheese 90% of content...

There is literally a handful of champions and a few nodes bow that prevent power steal/drain/lock along with nodes that lock specials/drain your power, and debuffs immune nodes, as well as cleansers, purifiers etc along with plenty of counters that kill her simply existing like Human torch and some that will damage her plenty like onslaught.

She would be god tier for sure, but she is no quake, and we can't pretend she is a one key fits all character like quake. At least 25% of the playable roster and many node combinations hard wall her these days.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    edited July 13
    Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

7r3 juggs ending fights with single sp2 in 30 seconds is not a problem
    But 6* Magik spamming sp2 again and again is problem 😃

Logic ❌

Because u can shut down jugs by non damaging debuffs magik theres no counter to limbo simple as
    Pacify
    Power control
    Ability accuracy reduction
    Gladiator hulk
    Or modifying 6-star Magik so her limbo damage only scales with base attack. (Probably requires “creating” her as a new champ like the ROL champs, as that seems better than nerfing the 2-5* versions)
    TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Because u can shut down jugs by non damaging debuffs magik theres no counter to limbo simple as
    Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk
    Or wmodifying 6-star Magik so her limbo damage only scales with base attack. (Probably requires “creating” her as a new champ like the ROL champs)
    Ghulk is outdated and needs a buff, nobody uses him anymore
    edited July 13
    EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk
    Or wmodifying 6-star Magik so her limbo damage only scales with base attack. (Probably requires “creating” her as a new champ like the ROL champs)
    Dude your argument was that Magik would give value to Blade rofl...

There is literally a handful of champions and a few nodes bow that prevent power steal/drain/lock along with nodes that lock specials/drain your power, and debuffs immune nodes, as well as cleansers, purifiers etc along with plenty of counters that kill her simply existing like Human torch and some that will damage her plenty like onslaught.

She would be god tier for sure, but she is no quake, and we can't pretend she is a one key fits all character like quake. At least 25% of the playable roster and many node combinations hard wall her these days.
    So in order to prevent her from cheesing everything after release is put a combination of power drain/lock immunity, stun immunity,, energy resistance, heal block, debuff immune...
    Nah thanks I rather not have her.

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk

So in order to prevent her from cheesing everything after release is put a combination of power drain/lock immunity, stun immunity,, energy resistance, heal block, debuff immune...
    Blade is a 7* and people are saying he’s either mid or the worst. Ghulk isn’t a 7*
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk

Blade is a 7* and people are saying he’s either mid or the worst. Ghulk isn’t a 7*
    Most of your champion opinions are based on YT vids, you rarely have used any of them.

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk

Most of your champion opinions are based on YT vids, you rarely have used any of them.
    Well there’s this thread that was made a few months ago:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/365765/worst-titan-ever
    And this
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/366849/blade-is-the-worst-7-in-the-game
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,005 ★★★★★
    Would love to see a 6* Magic. I don’t have much more to add.
  • MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Member Posts: 110
    xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

Magik wouldn't be broken in today's standards. Several champs can control power as hard as she does and hit way harder. Don't believe what kabam says. They said wolverine regen was too overpowered lmao
    As for limbo damage, I mean look at the recent champs and their "unavoidable" damage. What's so different ?

If you use it effectively you can get a lot of power really fast and then heal the damage. It allows her to ignore damage from recoil, and liquid courage and double edge. I haven't played her in a while since she's only a five star, but that's mostly what I remember doing. Also it's a massive failsafe if you get hit.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,404 ★★★★★
    The time is right for 6* Magik and Quake!!
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,404 ★★★★★
    edited July 13
    Double post

The time is right for 6* Magik and Quake!!

Quake is way too OP as a 7*, she can finish fights without even touching the opponent. Even Magik has to get to at two bars to begin power locking
    MCoC_fan said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

If you use it effectively you can get a lot of power really fast and then heal the damage. It allows her to ignore damage from recoil, and liquid courage and double edge. I haven't played her in a while since she's only a five star, but that's mostly what I remember doing. Also it's a massive failsafe if you get hit.
    So does this work after taking Bullseye/Serpent SP1 block damage, you can heal back the damage?
    EdisonLaw said:

MCoC_fan said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

So does this work after taking Bullseye/Serpent SP1 block damage, you can heal back the damage?
    You should have one, read her kit...
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,095 ★★★★★
    Just make her limbo as defensive ability, there are many heroes who can reduce the defensive ability,
    Or just make her limbo not trigger on defence if she's suffering from concussion, disorient.
    Like there are so easy way to fix, Kabam just don't want to
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,474 ★★★★
    6 star quake and magik literally would not break the game in the slightest
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,367 ★★★
    Magik was horrible before her buff. Everyone hated getting her. It was all about getting Scarlet Witch and a dupe and easily beating everything.

Current Magik as a 6 or 7* would be fine I think?

People complain about Herc, but then you have Ronan and Hulk almost perma stun cheese.

The limbo might be a little op depending on how it scales.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,701 ★★★★★
    edited July 14

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk

Are you here to just put stupid comments? Her limbo damage is just "ok" for a couple seconds per special. If they're drain immune you can't steal their power, she's shut down, if they're debuff immune they'll still keep gaining power and you can't corner them, if they cleanse same story, if they lock your power at one same story. A lot of champs can't be drained or locked as is by default these days. You don't need these intricate node combinations you've put to shut her down, you need one node, or one champion, it's not really that hard. If you think Magik would be gamebreaking in most modes these days even as a 6* you're out of your mind. So many niche "you need these champions toget through path" so many cleanse nodes, so many debuff immune on knockdown nodes. Especially with the specific catch and receive nodes.

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

Logic ❌

Pacify
    Power control
    Gladiator hulk

Are you here to just put stupid comments? Her limbo damage is just "ok" for a couple seconds per special. If they're drain immune you can't steal their power, she's shut down, if they're debuff immune they'll still keep gaining power and you can't corner them, if they cleanse same story, if they lock your power at one same story. A lot of champs can't be drained or locked as is by default these days. You don't need these intricate node combinations you've put to shut her down, you need one node, or one champion, it's not really that hard. If you think Magik would be gamebreaking in most modes these days even as a 6* you're out of your mind. So many niche "you need these champions toget through path" so many cleanse nodes, so many debuff immune on knockdown nodes. Especially with the specific catch and receive nodes.
    Yeah I think Magik wouldn't be that bad as a 6*.
  • MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Member Posts: 110
    EdisonLaw said:

MCoC_fan said:

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

If limbo triggers from her Sig ability yes it should. As long there isn't any heal block, she will heal back all the damage. She was a godsend for me when I didn't know how to dodge certain specials. However one bar of power even at Sig 200 isn't guaranteed limbo, I believe two and three bars are however. The limbo from her special attack use is really short and won't cut it, but from her Sig ability will.