Doom and CGR Can Kiss My...

Comments

• Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★
    as has been said, MCOC Noob is usually solid for always “I try not to use all OP chaps, here’s some options’… would absolutely buy merch from the guy, for all the progress he helped with, if his store wasn’t so sus.

also, PepiPepo and Jason Vorhees usually rock of “how to fight X’; you got a problem fight, they usually break down how to PLAY against them, not just stack your roster to solve problems.

OR. use Cyclops, I think he’s still super effective.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★

Every guide I find lists multiple counter options consistently. Sure they may occasionally point out that a specific champ completely cheeses it, but it's ALWAYS in combination with alternatives.

I really wonder about where you're looking if everything is just saying to use Doom or CGR with no other options.

I agree there are lots of helpful guides out there like AuntM.ai, guiamtc.com, Frontline, RTM, MCOC Noob, MCOC Encyclopedia that I mentioned and others. It's mostly the forums and reddit and *some* YT channels.

When you are pouring thru the posts here it's loads of Doom and CGR and some the examples others have listed:

"Quake it!"
    "Just use Ghost!"
    "Just use Herc"

And don't forget about BWCV!
    Again - most threads include a wide variety of people stating what they used. Sure you get a bunch who used the same, optimal, champion, but I ALWAYS see multiple options coming up - people who just didn't have that 1 champ, or didn't want to use them, or just preferred someone else for whatever reason. The list of champions is so incredibly vast these days that it's almost impossible to have just 1 clear "best" champion for anything.
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 140

Again - most threads include a wide variety of people stating what they used. Sure you get a bunch who used the same, optimal, champion, but I ALWAYS see multiple options coming up - people who just didn't have that 1 champ, or didn't want to use them, or just preferred someone else for whatever reason. The list of champions is so incredibly vast these days that it's almost impossible to have just 1 clear "best" champion for anything.

You are taking this too seriously
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I mean, there is alot of this happening, he's not wrong. I see it alot too.

However, I also see a TON of super helpful advice as well.
    It's probably mostly trolls who say that ****.

P.s. use Odin. Best champ in the game. 😎
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★

Yes. Odin is super underrated
    EdisonLaw said:

I'm liking my 7* Odin on defense in BG
  • The_Doctor_24_1The_Doctor_24_1 Member Posts: 97
    In my opinion it's way better to use uncommon champs or try different characters like Sam, Silver Surfer or Cassie than using the usual Herc, CGR, Shuri or Titania
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... they are great and can solo so much content. But, c'mon, when someone asks for advice on how to beat certain content be a little more helpful than, "Just use Doom!" Not everyone has these champs, especially at 5*, 6* or 7*.

It would be more helpful if you offered something like, "I soloed that with CGR. If you don't have him then try..."

Sorry, been looking thru the forum, reddit and YT for tips and tricks for different things and got exhausted reading the extremely large number of responses like this to posts asking for help for whatever.

Then you should be specific for what content you are looking forward to it. Sometime those champs are best option tho. But if you don't have that's okay as other champs can do the.
    So if really want help or advice or suggestions please just tell what you need .
    What content or fight you are stuck on.
    Your rant is understandable but atleast tell where do you need help??
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Complains about people saying just doom or quake it etc., but then says they usually figure it out for themselves using some research. What was the point of this post then?

Right... you can't use the board to rant. Got it!

Seriously, consider it a PSA? I'll take the advice, but, why be lazy and offer a rare champ as a solution to a common problem? Maybe offer alternatives is what I'm saying. Be actually helpful.
    Rants Aren't allowed on the forums. FYI.
    Whether or not that is officially the case, it most certainly is not the case...
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 938 ★★★
    Anyone saying Doom isn't the best mystic is under delusion or influenced by recency bias. Name one champion that is a better dual threat while being an extremely safe attacker with a ton of damage and utility. Tigra has better damage and Abs has more immunities, but 90% of top players agree that Doom is still the #1. No question.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,861 ★★★★★
    Yeah it sucks when someone sa

Anyone saying Doom isn't the best mystic is under delusion or influenced by recency bias. Name one champion that is a better dual threat while being an extremely safe attacker with a ton of damage and utility. Tigra has better damage and Abs has more immunities, but 90% of top players agree that Doom is still the #1. No question.

People are just too bg focused and forget who the king is. Even in bgs, doom is a slow attacker and good defender, But is probably the only champ who can defeat serpent, the toughest defender rn, at 100% health (maybe kush and chavez can do as well).

It's not about his damage, but the amout of control he has in a fight is undeniable.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★

haven’t had a chance to use this in a while
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Doom is a mediocre defender and tons of champs fulfill that same roll. 90% of top players don’t run doom for anything because he’s slow and doesn’t cover most meta defenders. Go watch any top tier player ranking champs or what they run and none of them use doom for anything
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 938 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Doom is a mediocre defender and tons of champs fulfill that same roll. 90% of top players don’t run doom for anything because he’s slow and doesn’t cover most meta defenders. Go watch any top tier player ranking champs or what they run and none of them use doom for anything
    Doom is in basically every BG deck and is a very good defender lol, I know you're an uru warrior and think you're all that but doom is awesome for serpent and does 60 second bg fights with 100% hp, finishing in 50k+, against basically everyone. He can take onslaught and maestro well, is a perfect counter to korg, and locks down fights without the opp throwing a single special. He's phenomenal for some of the hardest necropolis fights including air walker, sam wilson, and dragon man (speaking from experience) and would be able to solo them all if he was a 7* (6* doesn't have enough necro charges). Literally no other mystic comes close to that. He's also one of the best in the game for general questing. Admit you're wrong for once and sit down.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    That's the thing though. Every class has champs now that are "better" than their OG counter parts. It's the name of the game. Let champs become meta, create champs to counter that meta. Then create counters to the counter and so on.

Like others have said. Doom is super safe. He's the "that was easy" button in the mystic class. Takes no real effort once they're in the cycle. Guarantee that if he was a 7 star, he'd be the premiere r3 option on most accounts.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Just Scorp it
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,262 ★★★★
    Dont you have Infamous IM or Hercules?
    Great alternatives to CGR and "Just use Doom"

Emilia90 said:

Doom is in basically every BG deck and is a very good defender lol, I know you're an uru warrior and think you're all that but doom is awesome for serpent and does 60 second bg fights with 100% hp, finishing in 50k+, against basically everyone. He can take onslaught and maestro well, is a perfect counter to korg, and locks down fights without the opp throwing a single special. He's phenomenal for some of the hardest necropolis fights including air walker, sam wilson, and dragon man (speaking from experience) and would be able to solo them all if he was a 7* (6* doesn't have enough necro charges). Literally no other mystic comes close to that. He's also one of the best in the game for general questing. Admit you're wrong for once and sit down.
    He is definitely the best mystic champ and is hated a lot for no reason. He can take out almost every cosmic defender at 95% health even though every cosmic defender these days are designed to be anti doom (he is even good against terrax too).

But he definitely cannot take Onslaught and he cannot do 60 second fights most of the time. Yes I'm the biggest doom fan out there but you gotta agree he too have limitations. He is not the best mystic in bg pov and it's true players in celestial rarely run doom, But he is definitely a headache defender and 95% of playerbase still suck dexing his specials.

EdisonLaw said:

What? On defense????
    Wtf uses Odin on defense? 🤣
    Never once have I ever put him on defense.
    Why would you use him on defense?
    His specials are super easy to dodge.
    I know he's tanky but damn.
    Odin actually works sometimes in defense because his beams for some reason deal huge damage if you block it instead of dexing. Not a great defender by any means, but definitely a last round clutch.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    Just use Sersi

The dual threat really depends based on what champions are in play. If the opponent has a hulkling, then the destroyer would be the better dual threat (hecking hulkling the mystic destroyer of the cosmic class) since he hard counters hulkling and hulkling will take a lot of chip damage from the sig and not really get any of his furies unless the GC node (of this meta only) gives him unblockable.

For me, doom hasn't been a threat on defense in a long time. Got many champions that completely neutralize his threats (like silk) or can do him just fine.

While doom does have a lot of undeniable utility, I personally wouldn't put him at #1 just because he is so boring to play and I'd rather use other mystics, like Kushala, against champions like the serpent
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,707 ★★★★★

The fact you used Doom and CGR as example and not Herc lol

Cuz op is immortality exploiter himself.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    I would note that I recall finally being able to remove 2* Black Bolt from my questing team because I finally pulled a 3* poison immune. I also recall an ally mate who loved his 4* Black Bolt for poison lanes in AQ.

Granted, these were early days of MCoC but it’s relevant to point out that it’s a recent phenomenon to have so many counters to so many things.

If you have an issue, please ask and post your options. There are good faith forums members who are more than happy to offer tips and advice beyond the obvious. At this stage in the game, there are often hidden gems as well as “good enough” options outside of the typical meta champs.

Dr. Zola
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

What? On defense????
    Odin actually works sometimes in defense because his beams for some reason deal huge damage if you block it instead of dexing. Not a great defender by any means, but definitely a last round clutch.
    Where are you at in bgs? I've never seen anybody straight up block odins specials since the monthly EQ when he came out.

Odin on defense is a free win, I would even put him there if I was throwing a match

EdisonLaw said:

What? On defense????
    Where are you at in bgs? I've never seen anybody straight up block odins specials since the monthly EQ when he came out.

Odin on defense is a free win, I would even put him there if I was throwing a match
    As I already said, he is a last match clutch. I rarely see him in anyone's deck, and it's even rare for me to see him get drafted, and it's extremely rare to see him in defense lol. He is a free win most of the time, But sometime you can expect unpredictable things happen with uncommon defenders.

People are just too bg focused and forget who the king is. Even in bgs, doom is a slow attacker and good defender, But is probably the only champ who can defeat serpent, the toughest defender rn, at 100% health (maybe kush and chavez can do as well).

It's not about his damage, but the amout of control he has in a fight is undeniable.
    There’s barely any reason to run him o

Emilia90 said:

I’m in Quantum/Mysterium but nice job assuming that. No one runs doom in high tiers. If you don’t believe me, go watch kt1 or trappy. He’s mediocre for all those champs you mentioned and Chavez and Kushala clear him easily. Any champ can do general questing and he’s cheeks for war and battlegrounds. I’m not admitting I’m wrong because I’m not. Enjoy using your mid defender and slow attacker when there’s way faster more meta mystics. I can take Korg with Juggs in 30 seconds, why would I wait for doom to cycle through his slow sp3 cycle lmao.

I can’t believe so many people still glaze doom when he’s barely relevant to most content in the game.

Emilia90 said:

There’s barely any reason to run him o

Emilia90 said:

I’m in Quantum/Mysterium but nice job assuming that. No one runs doom in high tiers. If you don’t believe me, go watch kt1 or trappy. He’s mediocre for all those champs you mentioned and Chavez and Kushala clear him easily. Any champ can do general questing and he’s cheeks for war and battlegrounds. I’m not admitting I’m wrong because I’m not. Enjoy using your mid defender and slow attacker when there’s way faster more meta mystics. I can take Korg with Juggs in 30 seconds, why would I wait for doom to cycle through his slow sp3 cycle lmao.

I can’t believe so many people still glaze doom when he’s barely relevant to most content in the game.
    I completely agree with your first bit about bgs, he's not even a threat anymore in bgs.

However, he is still a top questing mystic and I've used him a ton in necropolis, act 7, act 8, and occasionally in EQ. He's still by far the best questing mystic in the game in my opinion
    Yeah he’s the best for questing but the thing is I don’t really see any immediate need for doom unless it’s Necro (I think he’s great there too but the guy who was replying to me was condescending af so I took a similar tone lmao).

Act 7/8/EQ can be done by practically any champ free of resources because of how simplified they are so that’s more so my point. He’s great there but why would I rank him just for that kinda thing. I can still plow through EQ and 7/8 with other mystics that would be more relevant in other content as well. If we’re talking safety and control with lots of other utility, there are also a ton of others that meet that requirement. I still think doom is top 10 but there’s barely any content for him to shine nowadays. He was also talking about him being good for onslaught and maestro when he’s just straight up bad for onslaught and mediocre for maestro

Then you should be specific for what content you are looking forward to it. Sometime those champs are best option tho. But if you don't have that's okay as other champs can do the.
    So if really want help or advice or suggestions please just tell what you need .
    What content or fight you are stuck on.
    Your rant is understandable but atleast tell where do you need help??

I do ask, but right now I am not looking for help. When I'm ready to ask for help I will ask.