Did Kitty Pryde fall off?

Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
From her release back in 2021, people were calling her the best mutant since she could avoid damage and do some nice burst. She held this title up until about a year ago (maybe more), where she just disappeared. Any battlegrounds decks that gave her in never really have her drafted. I would argue that 7*s made her less popular, since 6*s are now less likely to be ranked up and the release of onslaught pushed her off the podium. What do you guys think. Did she fall off, or is she still going strong among both new and veteran players?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,071 ★★★★★
    She’s still a top mutant, second before Onslaught

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Wait, bg do give us small amount of t4a in form of alliance milestones, But it's still not the topmost rewarding game mode.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I can’t play her well, but still took her full up and ascension.

I’m not at that point yet, but once you get past a certain point, you’re pretty much wasting gold and iso.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Not quite wasting iso lol. Unless you're not playing, you're going to tend to use a lot of uso and gold to a point where you're begging for a 4* dupe. As for all of your opinions on the kitty topic, thank you all for your insightful comments.
    I know @PT_99 is a huge advocate for her, so if you have Kitty questions, ask them
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 394 ★★

She's just not the best in bgs. Idk why everyone measure a champ's worth based on bgs. Yeah even I measure a Champ's worth based on how they perform on bgs, but only upto a extent.

Bgs aren't the topmost rewarding game mode, it doesn't have t4 alpha/r3 materials. The top rewarding content is still 8.4/Seasonal challenges/Necropolis.

Kitty pryde is awesome for various matchups. She can take bullseye and onslaught and serpent, can spam back to back sp3 against serpent and onslaught if I'm not wrong, while remaining at 100% health. She can also take out photon pretty easily. She is just isn't the fastest option, But is the most safest option against all meta defenders if I'm not wrong. She just can't take them out in bgs, But can work in war or other game modes. She is super relevant, Objectively second best after onslaught (Personally I prefer Bishop over kitty).

Kitty was popular for phasing with no damage and people used to take attuma and electro with her but not anymore last year i chose her from the July 4 selector with herc and r5 her later but nope I don't use her anymore not even in eq
    PT_99 said:

She's champion which finishes fights 100% HP all the time but new r3 defenders are halting her ability to finish fights after one sp1 and sp2.

No doubt if Kabam releases her as 7* she will regain her mutant crown again.

I still have her in deck and continues to brute force Bullseye, Korgs, Photon, Nick (he dies with single sp2 in second life so she basically ignores his second life) and many more.

R3 defenders just hurt her and r4 r5 will be just plain stupid, there's literally no reason that r4 onslaught serpant will be allowed to exist but not Kitty.

So should Kabam release her as a 7* then? I feel like Kabam left the mutant class behind after Kitty was first released since she was that busted. Not to mention Nimrod was also released that month and countered mostly every annoying mutant there was
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

She's champion which finishes fights 100% HP all the time but new r3 defenders are halting her ability to finish fights after one sp1 and sp2.

I still have her in deck and continues to brute force Bullseye, Korgs, Photon, Nick (he dies with single sp2 in second life so she basically ignores his second life) and many more.

R3 defenders just hurt her and r4 r5 will be just plain stupid, there's literally no reason that r4 onslaught serpant will be allowed to exist but not Kitty.

So should Kabam release her as a 7* then? I feel like Kabam left the mutant class behind after Kitty was first released since she was that busted. Not to mention Nimrod was also released that month and countered mostly every annoying mutant there was
    I think she should as she gets countered easily out of the mutants as one cowerdice means she cant gain prowess anymore until gone and most new techs now have a way to just strip prowess
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

I think she should as she gets countered easily out of the mutants as one cowerdice means she cant gain prowess anymore until gone and most new techs now have a way to just strip prowess
    Plus she does need to be awakened for the invulnerability while phasing
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

Plus she does need to be awakened for the invulnerability while phasing
    True maybe they could add her in an exclusive pool of champs maybe if they think shes too good with the sig
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 140
    After I hit TB I finally pulled a 5* KP and I am not betting I will get a higher one any time soon. With my pool of 7*s getting bigger, is it worth it to max her out to 5R5s200 and ascend?
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,103 ★★★★
    Best Bullseye counter. She's on my BG team specifically for him

Overrated to begin with tbh

She was never overrated she was strong without suicides way better with she was a cheese option for wars when true focus but that lasted a season then after that when it came to tags in war like now it was more options and her not being most viable as better options
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    edited July 18
    She is still very much relevant.
    Every champion tends to fall off a bit,..while some are underrated and overlooked.
    It does help enjoying the champion you use,..if you take the time to learn her and enjoy using her she is a very decent champion ( as are many others ),..maybe it all comes down to personal taste.
    If we had an omega-days style event with a pool of six I don't think it would be unreasonable for her to appear as a 7* there. If she became one then she may become "relevant" again.

If we had an omega-days style event with a pool of six I don't think it would be unreasonable for her to appear as a 7* there. If she became one then she may become "relevant" again.

She’s still relevant. Her phase is still one of the most OP abilities in the game besides Herc’s immortality
    EdisonLaw said:

She’s still relevant. Her phase is still one of the most OP abilities in the game besides Herc’s immortality
    True
    EdisonLaw said:

True
  • Zoolander29Zoolander29 Member Posts: 24
    In my opinion kitty is still very relevant in endgame content and I use her often in BGs, being a great counter to Bullseye, Fury, Onslaught, Attuma, Bishop, Korg. I almost always finsh the fight in under a minute with 100% health.
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 523 ★★★
    There is still nothing more satisfying than rushing into a champs multi hit special attack while invisible. Bishop sp2 for example, fixits sp1 is amazing also. Plus they take a fair chunk of damage while doing so.
  • smy168smy168 Member Posts: 215 ★★
    I'm still deciding between Kitty or Kate to r5asc....I'm a end-game player, I don't do BGs because of the bugs...I'm pretty much running 7s only these days but I do like them both but hard to compare values of the damage and utility they both have, I think Kitty hasn't fell off much outside of the unique champs being released and interest in playing them.

Any thought comparisons on Kitty to Kate anyone?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Definitely fell off, and it's not that she doesn't have enough damage it's just that 7* r3s are a thing now and she's way too slow against a lot of the meta defenders at r3 but I'm sure when she becomes a 7* she will go back to top spot. Even if she can't nuke she will finish fights in 45-50 with 100% 9 times out of 10 and since health matters more than speed nowadays... For now, she's definitely falling off though.
  • Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Member Posts: 34
    I’ve been a big fan of kitty and her play style. She really carried me through uncollected-tb (maxed 5*) and when I finally pulled her as a 6* I immediately started to take her up. Over time though I’ve had to prioritize other champs as she now sits sig 1 at r2. As an endgame player she just isn’t valuable to me at all. She thrives in questing: story is done for now, and eq is an absolute joke as a valiant player. She just doesn’t have the damage or speed to keep up with 7* mutants like bishop or even storm. That being said the only place I could still see her being viable is summer of __. Hopefully there’s an objective/fight that she can work for.