Forums vs Discord

Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
Hi guys

I need advice. Forums seem a bit abandoned in terms of communication etc, but how’s discord going ? I never used it. What exactly is this? Forums-like?

What is your opinion of discord especially in comparison to the forums?

Thanks!

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    I have been checking in a bit there.

There are a few active very high level mods. So questions gets replied to real-time.

Many new and progressing players ask for help unlike here with muted replies. Feels like it is more “psychological safety” over there.

A more “civilised” global chat. 🤔
    Have not seen any trying to sell merc service or it get clamped down real fast.

There are sections similar to here and that is also in the wilderness.

If looking for good concrete info, I feel it is still here.

Now if the new comm mgr can pin announcement, that will be helpful.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★
    Discord is better
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    Discord is just for show I think , I asked a question about the lost raids revives and it got removed without being answered .
    For ppl talking to each other , obviously its gonna be better than here , but for more and easy communication from kabam, big no
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    Also asked a question before in the past that got a reply after a week , so it's not an isolated incident
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    Sorry for the revive.

I saw that kabam shared news/infos on discord but nothing here in the forums.

What’s happening with communication here? Dork is nowhere near and Crashed is no official community manager. Don’t know how to feel tbh
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 820 ★★★★
    I like the notifications for announcements on discord but I hate the seeming lack of structure.. Coming here is relaxing/enjoyable to me whereas discord feels chaotic. Maybe I’m just old .