What’s happening with AI?

DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 326 ★★★
Ok firstly I thought because both me and my iphone are getting older but after watching Beroman stream for half hour, I realize that even the best BG player now getting punish frequently either by
_ AI backdraft intercept professionally like Dorky Dave video’s tutorial
_ AI wait for your dash in to light intercept
_ AI skipping frame rate during their heavy attack or special
_ AI holding special until power sting debuff on them gone
_ AI parry and whiff crazily

I may miss something. Well…

Comments

• DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 326 ★★★

You forgot AI holding power especially when they have a power gain buff or passive until it reaches 3 bars of power

Yeah I know I may miss something man…
  • DuboisDubois Member Posts: 126
    Thought it was just me lol, I was fighting photon and she dashed back and intercepted me. Got hercd by AI ffs
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★
    Ya'll also forgot holding power forever till sp3 immediate launch and holding block in until you try to block break with a heavy or bait an intercept.
  • AsyalolAsyalol Member Posts: 38
    edited July 25
    In the secondary quest, when you have a dard and have the transfer to the defender, the defender's AI remains in defense until the dard finishes without using super power. I have never played like that. And when they are unblockable , the defense becomes super fast and super aggressive, and when their unblockable ends, he stays in defense. It's not normal, there is really a very big modification of the AI
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    I’ve had a few matches in BGs this morn where the def launched a special while I’m holding block, never seen that either.
  • GutuGutu Member Posts: 2
    This happen to me today in casual questing, defender hold block for 20-30 seconds until sp3, light attack intercepts every time when I had to intercept to move the power sting, holding special until power sting expires, holding block until you dash back and attack you, this is ridiculous, I'm not even getting mad when I see this, this makes me feel like a clown
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    Skynet is real. When's the T2 coming into the contest? Would be a nice tech addition to the game and a great Act 9 boss.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

You forgot AI holding power especially when they have a power gain buff or passive until it reaches 3 bars of power

Mordo?
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    I think Kabam has mentioned that the AI isn't really AI in terms of it having the ability to learn. That's fine and I'll take their word for it. It does feel like it's been fine tuned to take into account player actions based on the node combinations. For example, if it's a power sting node, they'll hold specials or if it's aegis intercept, they're more likely to light intercept because the player has to dash in more often.

Previously, AI was more predictable because it felt like it was based on their individual kits. Power gain champs would hold for their specials, champs with abilities tied to their heavies would throw those more often, etc.. They still do this, but while also accounting for variables like their opponents kit, node combinations, current buffs/debuffs, even time left in a fight. Perfect example are matchups where players use infuriate/intimidate. If an infuriate debuff is up, the player will be more aggressive so intercepts become a thing.

Who knows. It could be us too. We play differently based on the very same reasons. We need to be more aggressive, take more risks, naturally the AI has more opportunities to throw a lucky light intercept. It just doesn't feel like that's what's happening lately.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    Champs with mechanics that require you to hit into defenders block, hulkling, valk, masacre etc are basically horrible to use in war at this point.
    Guaranteed the defender will parry you when you’re hitting their block at some point during the fight.