Well that’s just great

TheTrueElderTheTrueElder Member Posts: 31
So I now have 2 of these gems from act 8 and necro and barely anyone to use them on. Odin is going to get one of them, I pulled then awakened him instantly and he’s pretty good overall. The other one is just gonna have to be a waiting game, which sucks cause I’d love to be valiant now. Unduped hype I just think isn’t good enough to go to rank 3, he gets so much from being awakened. My the cosmic 7*, yeah I’m good. I either gotta dupe hype or hope beta Ray bill is the new best cosmic 7*. Please Kabam not another morbius.

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    That’s rough,..i wouldn’t be too excited to be in your situation.
    I got skill from necro and then (thank god), mutant from 100% act 8.
    I was dreading spinning another skill gem lol.
    If you wan’t valiant badly enough i would go Odin and then Hype or Knull and just wait for the dupe.
  • TheTrueElderTheTrueElder Member Posts: 31
    Joker1976 said:

If you wan’t valiant badly enough i would go Odin and then Hype or Knull and just wait for the dupe.

Mainly want valiant before cyber Monday deals and just the daily crystals but I’m waiting a little bit. 1. For beta Ray bill and 2. I might dupe hype in the meantime(copium)
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★

Joker1976 said:

Mainly want valiant before cyber Monday deals and just the daily crystals but I’m waiting a little bit. 1. For beta Ray bill and 2. I might dupe hype in the meantime(copium)
    Well best of luck,..hope it all works out for you 👍
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337
    Joker1976 said:

Same lol. I got skill from necro lol. And pulled tech from act 8. I used them on shuri which I'm cool with but later pulled peni lol then the skill I went Shang chi then later pulled a crossbones lol
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★

So I now have 2 of these gems from act 8 and necro and barely anyone to use them on. Odin is going to get one of them, I pulled then awakened him instantly and he’s pretty good overall. The other one is just gonna have to be a waiting game, which sucks cause I’d love to be valiant now. Unduped hype I just think isn’t good enough to go to rank 3, he gets so much from being awakened. My the cosmic 7*, yeah I’m good. I either gotta dupe hype or hope beta Ray bill is the new best cosmic 7*. Please Kabam not another morbius.

Personally if i was you (i was you but in a worse position, skill r3 and only black panther og and jabari) i’d go with knull or hyperion anyway. Hyperion needs one dupe and knull is still amazing without a dupe. The reason i recommend it now is because since i became valiant my roster has grown a significant amount more then it did while i was paragon.

I can’t predict what benefits valiant would get between now and beta ray bill release but at the same time you don’t know what value beta ray bill would have, he could come out like silver sable and then you’d have to wait even longer for a tune up. My advice that you can wait for week or two for the reveal trailer for beta ray bill, but if he seems subpar then just go with hype or knull.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    I had nearly the same issue - my first two were tech and that was my weakest roster. Sat on the gem for a few weeks while I did Necro exploration then took Shuri out of the Necropolis selector. Then had a clutch pull of Warlock for the other one, but still was not great given how strong other parts of my roster were.

I would also suggest you move sooner rather than later to get to Valiant - the daily gems are great but also the monthly calendar is a significant upgrade. You’ll want to pull the trigger in the next 2-3 days to get the upgrade ahead of the August calendar.

I’d agree with the comments above about Hyperion and Knull, but I’d also say Odin is pretty fantastic as well. You could do a lot worse than to R3 him. If it was me I’d probably do Hyperion and Odin, but that’s just personal preference.
  • TheTrueElderTheTrueElder Member Posts: 31

I had nearly the same issue - my first two were tech and that was my weakest roster. Sat on the gem for a few weeks while I did Necro exploration then took Shuri out of the Necropolis selector. Then had a clutch pull of Warlock for the other one, but still was not great given how strong other parts of my roster were.

I would also suggest you move sooner rather than later to get to Valiant - the daily gems are great but also the monthly calendar is a significant upgrade. You’ll want to pull the trigger in the next 2-3 days to get the upgrade ahead of the August calendar.

I’d agree with the comments above about Hyperion and Knull, but I’d also say Odin is pretty fantastic as well. You could do a lot worse than to R3 him. If it was me I’d probably do Hyperion and Odin, but that’s just personal preference.

I honestly think that’s what I’m gonna do and not worry about beta Ray bill cause I still have the 7*, that fact isn’t changing but he’ll just be at rank 1 for a bit. But I’ll do a bit more thinking on it.
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 466 ★★★
    I would just bite the bullet on knull or hype if u aren't valiant yet. No telling when you'll pull a good cosmic and the rewards are just better all around
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★
    Complaining again are we? Take a break man. Touch grass.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Rank up now for valiant. I can rank 4 a 6* every week or rank 2 a 7* every fortnight with the BG / Glory stores plus the awesome daily crystals from the web store. 7* shards will flow in much faster as well.
    I prefer Hyperion but Knull will be better as he is a Saga champ…
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    I’d r3 Odin
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Complaining again are we? Take a break man. Touch grass.