Onslaught bug

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
Is anyone experiencing a bug with Onslaught's Stun lately? He should inflict a passive Stun when Parry Stun is Cleansed or the opponent is Immune to Stun. I was playing against Jabari Panther in war, node 14 and not one Stun Cleansed for inflicted back as a passive. I tried against my personal KP in practice mode, and was unsuccessful even there.

Is there anything I'm missing? Attached is the SS from AuntM regarding Onslaught's Stun.

Comments

• GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    Both storms too
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    edited August 1

I never understood this. Bishop can replace cleansed stuns with passive stuns, then why not onslaught?

I believe is because both storm and bishop are actually targeting stuns , onslaught does it to all of his debuffs and the parry stun would be kinda op to have cleansing on his list .
    Not sure tho it could just be another case of kabam forgetting to add the mechanics
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★

Is anyone experiencing a bug with Onslaught's Stun lately? He should inflict a passive Stun when Parry Stun is Cleansed or the opponent is Immune to Stun. I was playing against Jabari Panther in war, node 14 and not one Stun Cleansed for inflicted back as a passive. I tried against my personal KP in practice mode, and was unsuccessful even there.

Is there anything I'm missing? Attached is the SS from AuntM regarding Onslaught's Stun.

Cleansing is not like purify or immunity , he's working as intended
    @MethodMan69, if you see the Deep Dive, that's how he should work against KP's purifies. Then why wasn't it working when I played practice, as I mentioned?
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,238 ★★★★

@MethodMan69, if you see the Deep Dive, that's how he should work against KP's purifies. Then why wasn't it working when I played practice, as I mentioned?
    Works fine for me

Not sure what happened in your fight, but I just tested and it's working just fine against KP
    @MethodMan69 yeah me too, that's why i'm asking. i lost a bonus because of it.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★

@MethodMan69 yeah me too, that's why i'm asking. i lost a bonus because of it.

It doesn't work against Jabari, because she cleanses which is not the same as purify.
    It does work against KP. I just tried it and it was fine.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Member Posts: 1,017 ★★★★

Kp is purifies, while jabari is cleanse, different thing
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,921 ★★★★★
    Doesn't make sense anyways. Bishop applies stun when opponet's purifies a effect via cleanse, Then why not onslaught?

Both bishop and onslaught target purify right? I think kabam just forgot to add this
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited August 1

Doesn't make sense anyways. Bishop applies stun when opponet's purifies a effect via cleanse, Then why not onslaught?

Both bishop and onslaught target purify right? I think kabam just forgot to add this

It’s because of the difference between the •ability• purify and the •effect• purify.

The purify ability is, well, an ability. It’s a purify from a champ’s kit or node, and as such it’s subject to ability accuracy. That’s why purify AAR from omega red and apoc can shut down champs like kingpin and agent venom from shrugging debuffs.

The purify effect however occurs just when a debuff is removed. It’s not an ability and so isn’t subject to AAR, it’s an effect that happens as a result of something. A purify ability TRIGGERS a purify effect but not vice versa.

Cleanse is an example of triggering a purify effect, even though cleanse itself is not a purify ability.

When cleanse sees a debuff, it triggers a purify effect. This is why bishop and storm can trigger a passive stun - they listen for a purify effect. But apoc, omega red and onslaught’s mechanics listen for a purify ability. This is why cleanse gets around these champs.

The wording sucks, and needs to be cleared up. But the explanation is simple once you get your head around it.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

It’s because of the difference between the •ability• purify and the •effect• purify.

The purify ability is, well, an ability. It’s a purify from a champ’s kit or node, and as such it’s subject to ability accuracy. That’s why purify AAR from omega red and apoc can shut down champs like kingpin and agent venom from shrugging debuffs.

The purify effect however occurs just when a debuff is removed. It’s not an ability and so isn’t subject to AAR, it’s an effect that happens as a result of something. A purify ability TRIGGERS a purify effect but not vice versa.

Cleanse is an example of triggering a purify effect, even though cleanse itself is not a purify ability.

When cleanse sees a debuff, it triggers a purify effect. This is why bishop and storm can trigger a passive stun - they listen for a purify effect. But apoc, omega red and onslaught’s mechanics listen for a purify ability. This is why cleanse gets around these champs.

The wording sucks, and needs to be cleared up. But the explanation is simple once you get your head around it.
    I call it Capital P and small p
    man that sucks. Blame Kabam.
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 132

u said tht he shud inflict a passive if either the opponent is cleansing debuff or is stun immune. the second option makes it such tht both passive and debuff wont work as opponent is just immune to it. as of cleansing, havent faced tht , works fine for me.
    MCOCHazza said:

I mean, your logic makes sense for apoc, who reduce purify accuracy, But since cleanse is seperate effect, once cleanse is activated their accuracy can't be modified.

But Onslaught's ability is comparable to bishop. Bishop applies stun pasisve when his stun debuff is purified by any means, similarly whenever Onslaught's personal debuffs (parry stun, organic magentism, daunted and crush) are purfied BY ANY MEANS it should apply as passive. I think Onslaught is bugged.
    I mean, your purify effect and purify ability concept is right, But I think Onslaught listens to purify effect.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    I noticed this happens vs Zemo as well
  • CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Member Posts: 179 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I noticed this happens vs Zemo as well

Because that's a cleanse, not a purify.

Yup it could be a mistake for sure