August Side Quest - Beta Ray Battle Zone

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Administrator, Moderator, Admin [en] Posts: 561
edited August 5 in General Discussion

Narrative

Join Beta Ray Bill as he fights his way through Arcade's final challenge for The Contest's Champions! Arcade has created a set of deadly virtual reality war zones that Bill and The Summoner will need to fight through if they're going to put an end to Arcade's reign of terror. Acquire Beta Ray 1-Up Entry Items by defeating opponents using Champions with either the #SagaAttacker or #SagaDefender tags. Use these Beta Ray 1-Ups to gain entry to the Beta Ray Battle Zone Quests and fight randomized opponents to claim the rewards these digital defenders guard! Be warned though, these quests update every 7 days, so you'll need to keep coming back to clear new zones and complete the rotating weekly Solo Objectives!

Start Date: August 7th, 2024

End Date: September 4th, 2024

TLDR Overview

• Use Beta Ray 1-UP Entry item from Ride into the Battle Zone Solo Event to enter
  • One primary path to the Final Boss with multiple loops leading to optional opponents and rewards
  • Broken into 4 separate Quest maps, one per week, with 5 difficulties
    • 1 Final Boss per Map
    • 1 path per quest with 3 fights per path, randomized defenders using a fixed buff profile
    • Quest resets upon completion, refreshing encounters and rewards
  • Team size restricted to 3 Champions
  • Quest can be completed up to 16 times over the 4 weeks
  • Each Quest Map focuses on a specific Class of Defender, encouraging the use of different Champions each week
    • Week 1 Science Defenders
    • Week 2 Mutant Defenders
    • Week 3 Mystic Defenders
    • Week 4 Tech Defenders
  • Earn additional Beta Ray 1-Ups in the Ride into the Battle Zone Solo Event.

Step One - Earn Beta Ray 1-UPs, Enter Side Quest

Acquire the Beta Ray 1-UP Entry Item by making progress in the Ride into the Battle Zone Solo Event. Win fights in any game mode (excluding practice mode) using #SagaAttackers or #SagaDefenders tagged Champions to earn points.

Step Two - Take on Quest Map, defeat the Final Boss, explore
loops for additional rewards

The Quest Map will rotate each week to focus on a new Class of Defender, however available rewards will remain the same week to week. The Quest can be completed up to 16 times over the 4 weeks. After each successful completion of the Quest the path and rewards will reset. Additionally, defeating the boss will grant some Mysterium.

Step Three - Complete Weekly Solo Objectives & Month Long Solo Event to earn additional Rewards

The Month Long Tank Busters Solo Event requires you to defeat Defensive Tank Champions in any game mode (excluding practice mode) to earn points. Use #SagaAttacker or #SagaDefender tagged Champs for extra points. (The Battle Zone Quests are guaranteed to contain opponents that meet this requirement). Additionally, complete the weekly Game Changer, defeating specific opponents, and Clear Zone X, defeat the Battle Zone Quest Final Boss at a specific threat level, Solo Objectives to earn additional rewards.

Step Four- Open Virtual Reality Crystals

Open Virtual Reality Crystals for your chance to add the following Champions to your roster!

Mister Fantastic, Werewolf by Night, Spot, Scorpion, Mister Negative, M.O.D.O.K, Killmonger, Gorr the God Butcher, Ægon (Aegon), Mysterio, Shocker, Ant-Man (Future), Ultron, Green Goblin, Old Man Logan,Peni Parker, Beast, Archangel, Deadpool (X-Force), Darkhawk, Vox, Silver Surfer, Superior Iron Man, Crossbones, Diablo, Kindred, Spider-Man (Classic), Chee'ilth
Post edited by Kabam Pinwheel on

Comments

• Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Cool
  • johnfrederic1johnfrederic1 Member Posts: 24
    Juste want to make sure, we can run 12 or 16 times this sidequest (I think it's 16, but one part say 12 and a bit further it's 16) ?
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 2,989 ★★★★

Juste want to make sure, we can run 12 or 16 times this sidequest (I think it's 16, but one part say 12 and a bit further it's 16) ?

Could we get any clarification
  • johnfrederic1johnfrederic1 Member Posts: 24

Could we get any clarification
    We will probably get an answer tomorrow, it's the weekend after all xD
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,682 ★★★★★
    Will the 2000 titan shards be attainable at day 1? Because that allows me to open another titan before this cycle ends.

Will the 2000 titan shards be attainable at day 1? Because that allows me to open another titan before this cycle ends.

Tell me who you get
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,891 ★★★★★
    What time is the update coming out?
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★★
    It's hard to tell which rewards will be obtainable/claimable in *only* your threat level, and which will be obtainable for all levels below it as well.

Like the actual side quest entry/paths, if you do threat level 5 you'd only get threat lvl 5 rewards, which makes sense.

But does completing certain objectives by playing those modes and using certain champions fulfill objectives for lvl 5 as well as 4,3,2,1 for example "solo objective game changer"?
    Thx for all the clarification
  • RoggamRoggam Member Posts: 119
    I love the auto complete for lower lvl so hopefully that’s included
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★★
    Thanks for the clarification! Was definitely hoping this was one of the side quests where you could gain previous level rewards as well but oh well.
  • AffectedAffected Member Posts: 5
    Hey Kabam, they should do something with their new event, it seems unfair to me, these types of people who pay to quickly pass through this new content that they are going to release, practically only take advantage of the fact that they release new content to fill the bags of money in their own face
  • SegitoSegito Member Posts: 5
    For threat level 1 there is meta currency in the game changers solo objective , but not for threat level 5 of the same

So my doubt is so we play threat level 5 side to get all 1,2,3,4,5 level rewards or do we get to only any of the one threat rewards

There are too many things happening yet not clear how to go about doing them
    Kindly clarify
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 84
    the bad news in this time we do threat level as our progression level.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,677 ★★★★★
    Affected said:

Hey Kabam, they should do something with their new event, it seems unfair to me, these types of people who pay to quickly pass through this new content that they are going to release, practically only take advantage of the fact that they release new content to fill the bags of money in their own face

That’s right there is against the TOS. So don’t do that’s
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 997 ★★★
    Affected said:

So you just want them to make content easier?
  • JUSTRITCHJUSTRITCH Member Posts: 17

So you just want them to make content easier?

No.. But the rule of only being able to use a character once this mission.. and it being geared to 7 star R2s, and 6 star r5s

Is quite ridiculous.. Only whales have that kind of roster
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 139
    @KabamDORK or anyone... can you make this sticky like the other SQ posts? It was difficult to find this info
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,526 ★★★★★

@KabamDORK or anyone... can you make this sticky like the other SQ posts? It was difficult to find this info

It already is? It's at the very top.of the first page as a sticky.
    Buttehrs said:

Nope. You might have found it at the top because I commented.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,526 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Definitely not. It's been at the top of mine since the day it was published.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Agree to disagree. I found it on page 2 today.

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Agree to disagree. I found it on page 2 today.
    You probably clicked the x on your screen and made it unsticky