Turning the phone upside down doesn't work

Device is a Samsung M52. Basically, despite turning the phone upside down, game doesn't register it and the screen stays fixed still. It doesn't change with the way I'm holding the phone and stays the same way I've opened the app. My english sucks so I may have been unable to explain it clearly 😑 Hope its clear enough though and if else, someone can explain it better. Thank you so much in advance 🥹

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★
    Same issue on another android device. These bugs just keep on impressing ...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,284 Guardian
    Similar post by @Twist1298
    With replies by @NONYABIZZ saying same.
    Which wee Android as well.

(but has a very non-descriptive title)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/373278/update#latest
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Member Posts: 564 ★★★
    I'm using an android device. When I rotate my phone, it doesn't rotate the screen/app. But when I turn on Auto rotate, it rotates. You can try that too.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 493 ★★★
    Yeah same. Need to turn on auto rotate now
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 92
    Same here.

What the .. is Auto Rotate ?
    Does Android now have 3 options for Rotate. Thought it was just a binary choice.
    LOCK or NOT LOCK of Rotate. Is there some 3rd option now too (or has there always been a 3rd option) ?

And if you mean Auto Rotate is what NOT LOCK is, then if you weren’t using that option before, do you mean it was in LOCK ?? Which obviously wouldn’t rotate it then.
    But obviously can’t be that, because people wouldn’t all of a sudden be having problems.

Or did MCOC never used to follow LOCK status before now ??

**iPad user venting frustration at Google settings.

Does Android now have 3 options for Rotate. Thought it was just a binary choice.
    LOCK or NOT LOCK of Rotate. Is there some 3rd option now too (or has there always been a 3rd option) ?

And if you mean Auto Rotate is what NOT LOCK is, then if you weren’t using that option before, do you mean it was in LOCK ?? Which obviously wouldn’t rotate it then.
    But obviously can’t be that, because people wouldn’t all of a sudden be having problems.

Hi @SummonerNR
    So Android phones (at least mine) have this option in quick settings to toggle Auto Rotate on or off:

When this is ON, it'll rotate my screen automatically for me when I rotate my phone. When this Auto rotate is OFF and I rotate my phone, I get an option if I wish to rotate my phone or not for that time:

So I don't need to toggle in the quick setting everytime I need rotation.
    Hmm, ok thx @raviXsharma
    So “locked” is not permanent “lock”, it gives you a “this time exception” pop-up option when you rotate device, letting you say “OK this time” to rotate screen, without having to actually turn off lock from settings (or control panel) itself ?

And that is what is NOT WORKING now with latest game update ?

Needing to actually turn lock OFF from settings/control panel instead now.

Is that pop-up not coming up like it used to when playing game previously ?

And do you know if it's from game update itself, or was there also an Android update that came out this week too ??

Hmm, ok thx @raviXsharma
    So “locked” is not permanent “lock”, it gives you a “this time exception” pop-up option when you rotate device, letting you say “OK this time” to rotate screen, without having to actually turn off lock from settings (or control panel) itself ?

And that is what is NOT WORKING now with latest game update ?

Needing to actually turn lock OFF from settings/control panel instead now.

Is that pop-up not coming up like it used to when playing game previously ?

And do you know if it's from game update itself, or was there also an Android update that came out this week too ??

Yes you got it right. I've observed that rotating before the latest game update, it'd rotate whether the Auto Rotate (Not Lock) is ON or OFF.

But after the update, it requires to toggle Auto Rotation to ON, in order to rotate according to how you hold your phone.

Previously, this setting on my phone was controlled by game center, which is basically a toolbox menu which would be accessible when playing a game. This menu have settings like orientation lock to lock my screen while gaming and probably override the control centre settings. I haven't tested if it overrides it tho. Anyway, now even with orientation lock disabled in game center, the screen would still not rotate unless I turn on Auto Rotate to ON.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 493 ★★★

When auto rotate is toggles off, screens don't rotate between portrait and landscape. That's it. But gaming screens would still flip. So would other full-screen landscape mode apps. But now while other apps do it, mcoc doesn't.