The Crucible...Should I go for normal or legendary difficulty?

NightheartNightheart Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
edited August 8 in General Discussion
So the Crucible has released.. Thing is I never did Act 7 exploration only completion so I have barely any experience fighting the previous bosses and only did the 7 star carina challenge and 7 completion just to go to act 8. Yes I am valiant but never bothered doing the exploration of act 7. So, with the paths and rewards structure for normal and legendary difficulty revealed... should I do normal difficulty just to get the idea of how the bosses work or directly go to legendary difficulty?

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    AadhyVan said:

Legendary all the way!

I am also thinking of legendary @AadhyVan Two paths and rewards are awesome and normal difficulty has 4 paths but rubbish rewards I feel normal will be too annoying to do. So legendary it is. 🙌
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 1,084 ★★★★★
    My opinion - it only makes sense to do the normal if you are still in the deathless thanos chase and want an easier completion.

Otherwise, unless you are well skilled - you are still going to be investing revives, time, etc… in a slog fest for a 7 star and a 1-2 gem. These days… that doesn’t make sense to try to beat the Sept 4th timer. If you want to do it - prep for legendary only.

The normal is supposed to be small accounts who are still able to get Thanos. That seems like an ultra small subset of players unless they are unit buying pieces.
  • Brad366Brad366 Posts: 99
    Since there are essentially no rewards in normal, I plan on doing legendary. Act 7 bosses outside gwenmaster and the cadre of kangs are mostly pretty easy.

My opinion - it only makes sense to do the normal if you are still in the deathless thanos chase and want an easier completion.

Otherwise, unless you are well skilled - you are still going to be investing revives, time, etc… in a slog fest for a 7 star and a 1-2 gem. These days… that doesn’t make sense to try to beat the Sept 4th timer. If you want to do it - prep for legendary only.

The normal is supposed to be small accounts who are still able to get Thanos. That seems like an ultra small subset of players unless they are unit buying pieces.

Biggest disadvantage is you have to swap champ after every fight so have to do this carefully @Chuck_Finley
    Brad366 said:

Since there are essentially no rewards in normal, I plan on doing legendary. Act 7 bosses outside gwenmaster and the cadre of kangs are mostly pretty easy.

Have to have a plan for this @Brad366 some of the bosses can trip you up although I do agree that legendary is the way to go
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 1,084 ★★★★★

Biggest disadvantage is you have to swap champ after every fight so have to do this carefully @Chuck_Finley

Correct - you need a broad roster if you are an average player. That’s why part of the prep is not worrying about the timer and do it with a more developed roster.

Just my experience - you can get a lot of false confidence from the forums and YouTube. A lot of “oh- I only used 2 revives because I messed up” and “easy solo” and “I just used a 5 star” comments are top end game players. I have been in a few average alliances in terms of skill set on endgame content and the tales are quite different.

Further perspective- KT1 spreadsheet lists who he used. I don’t have 16 of those champs even ranked as 6 stars or as a 7 star. He is running them as r6 5 stars, 7 star R2’s and R3’s.

So just be realistic - the normal difficulty isn’t gonna be arena - its just going to take less hits to down the defender. You are gonna burn resources there most likely
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,695 ★★★★★
    I hadn't explored act 7 either and I'm a late game paragon with a couple r2 champions I did legendary full exploration with a few minor bumps that could have been avoided it really depends on how balanced your roster is. If it's too heavy then you might want to pass however I did a lot of fights with 6* r4 boosted I even did 2 fights with 6*r3 and 5* ascended. Good Luck to You either way Mate.
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,930 ★★★★★
    No rewards no normal
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,549 ★★★★★
    How many 7*s you have? In my experience, any champ at 6* r4 or above and 7* r1 or above is "playable champ". If you have around 50 champs at playable rank, then you can definitely go for the legendary difficulty.
    edited August 8
    Ok will share my roster folks
    Here is my roster will I be able to do legendary I think I can but have to prepare

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,695 ★★★★★
    That's a bigger roster than I was working with you should be fine IMO but you might want to stock up on some revives first
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 414 ★★★
    edited August 8
    Just sit with the guides provided by some good folks in the community, figure out if you have the counters make sure you have some revive stash and decide for yourself. It's fairly easy if you have all counters as at least r3 6*.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,937 ★★★★
    I just completed normal and good with it. There's no need to rush permanent content, did it only for that timed vision piece.

• M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 206 ★★
    I am Valiant with 56 7* champs, 6 of which are R3 and 18 R2s. I never explored Act 7 either, at this point didn't seem worth the cost in energy for outdated rewards.

I still went with normal on Crucible only because I don't like to gamble and didn't want to end up halfway through legendary and having to use units after my stash depleted. Normal ended up being not bad at all, and I wondered briefly whether I should have done legendary but overall I do not regret my choice.
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Posts: 177
    Yea with that roster 100% legendary
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 206 ★★
    edited August 8
    Just saw that other thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/373388/massive-w-for-kabam#latest) about being able to run Crucible and another quest at the same time (new feature called Unrestricted Quest Teams, as described here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/the-crucible/).

In light of this, now I regret doing normal instead of legendary as you can revive farm while you do Crucible.
  • Brad366Brad366 Posts: 99

Brad366 said:

Have to have a plan for this @Brad366 some of the bosses can trip you up although I do agree that legendary is the way to go
    I watched kt1 and modified his plan to my roster. I'm 12 fights into the yondu path and it's been mostly solos thus far. BWDO and green goblin got me for a few and vision arkus clipped me for one.
    Thank you everyone
  • cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Posts: 79
    If I were you I'd practice the normal first and then do legendary when you're ready to do it for real. That's what I'm doing