Loki: The Underrated Mystic Rogue

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
Ya'll ever see 100k sp2s without a ramp-up? Or 7% of your opponent's health going in one hit? All buffs from your opponent being stolen because of that one Cursed debuff with a 10% chance of applying passive Stuns per basic attack?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Loki is one heck of a champ. There's a reason he's one of the Carina Challenges. Up against Hulkling? No problem! Loki's gonna steal all buffs when Hulkling gains them. Hate Nimrod's Energize or power gain from Hyperion or Dragon Man? Absolutely no problem. This guy has it all.

Whaddo ya'll think of the underrated God of Mischief?

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    I think he doesn’t steal all available buffs. But I do agree he can be pretty good vs buff heavy champs especially since kabam likes to throw anti-nullify/staggered/neutralize.nodes out there. I
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
    edited August 10
    @World Eater all non-passive buffs. It actually works wonders in incursions.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    I think of him as a mystic Ronan (except for the stun part lol). Whenever there are buffs, he can cheese. Without buffs he is mid. I think a moderate buff (a la Sinister style) would make him better
    I wonder if the current Loki is good for BGs, any screenshots?

Loki best Hulkling counter?
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 936 ★★★★
    edited August 10
    EdisonLaw said:

I think of him as a mystic Ronan (except for the stun part lol). Whenever there are buffs, he can cheese. Without buffs he is mid. I think a moderate buff (a la Sinister style) would make him better

I agree, but would probably say low to mid if the opponent can't gain any buffs whatsoever. Maybe give him the ability to put certain buffs on the opponent that do absolutely nothing for them unless he steals them back with the SP1.

Something along these sort of lines (bit rough but I think it gets the idea across):

If Loki is the Attacker, Well-Timed Blocks inflict a Trickery buff on the opponent for 10 seconds. This buff increases Critical Hit Damage by 40% but only if the buff is attached to a character called Loki. Max ranks: 3.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,921 ★★★★★
    Loki should apply fury buffs and steal em.
    edited August 10
    Great ideas. Also he should be immune to coldsnap and his sp2 should inflict a coldsnap debuff/passive. Also since he’s an illusionist, maybe a miss mechanic?
    EdisonLaw said:

brother, how did you play Loki here? Also, what rank was he and how big was the Hulkling healthpool?
    edited August 10

EdisonLaw said:

brother, how did you play Loki here? Also, what rank was he and how big was the Hulkling healthpool?
    I was just dueling a Hulkling for fun and used sp1s and 3s to steal buffs, heavy attacks and sp2s did most of the damage. Hulkling has a lot of regen and indestructible so even if I took damage I would just regen it or take no damage

(This was a 3* Loki by the way)
    edited August 10
    EdisonLaw said:

Great ideas. Also he should be immune to coldsnap and his sp2 should inflict a coldsnap debuff/passive. Also since he’s an illusionist, maybe a miss mechanic?

He has that in a synergy with HulkRag: 10% if the opponent has a buff active. The good thing is, it extends to passives as well
    I should mention: optimal team is Loki, Wiccan, Thrag, Diablo, Hela.

Wiccan synergy helps pause Curse for 4 seconds on MLLLL combo
    Thrag provides Ascendent power gain till 2 bars of power instead of 1
    Diablo synergy gives +35% Curse duration
    Hela synergy ensures Loki has more health points when opponent is Cursed, which means 7% off on sp2 100% ensured.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I was just dueling a Hulkling for fun and used sp1s and 3s to steal buffs, heavy attacks and sp2s did most of the damage. Hulkling has a lot of regen and indestructible so even if I took damage I would just regen it or take no damage

rotation? Or just random **** go?

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

rotation? Or just random **** go?
    Random, Loki style
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    NGL: I found this thread extremely useful, because I have absolutely struggled with Hulking ever since that kit’s release. I didn’t do the EQ that month so I didn’t get used to fighting the kit or its animations, didn’t study what the kit does or how it works. That’s on me, because I can simply take the time and go back and read it and practice, but sometimes you just want a specific answer that you know will work, and I have a Loki just sitting there basically unused
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★

Unless something has changed with Loki, he doesn't steal all buifs. I did a good amount of testing with both Loki and Rogue going back at least 5 years. At least Rogues description has been changed, but Lokis remains untouched. Yes, he's good vs Hulking and Gorr and any buff heavy champs. I use him for fun in ideal match ups once in a while but besides that, he hits like a 2016 champ.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138921/unstealable-buffs/p1 (2019 thread)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/292469/mcoc-2022-buffs-that-can-t-be-stolen-or-copied (2022 thread)

Unless something has changed with Loki, he doesn't steal all buifs. I did a good amount of testing with both Loki and Rogue going back at least 5 years. At least Rogues description has been changed, but Lokis remains untouched. Yes, he's good vs Hulking and Gorr and any buff heavy champs. I use him for fun in ideal match ups once in a while but besides that, he hits like a 2016 champ.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138921/unstealable-buffs/p1 (2019 thread)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/292469/mcoc-2022-buffs-that-can-t-be-stolen-or-copied (2022 thread)

Yes, there are the occasional exceptions. Case in point: Corus' True Strike(or was it Sense?) buff can't be Stolen, and Mordo's power gain.