We’ve been sleeping on White Mags

ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 783 ★★★★
Since the magneto buffs launched white mags has been over looked because red magneto’s buff was better. But I’ve been using white mags since I pulled the 7* and he’s actually crazy too. He’s got the same 70% AAR that red mags has and with his pre-fight you can counter purify/cleanse champs. I’ve been testing him out and was shocked by his damage even against non-metal champs. Took mine to R3 and have a had blast with him so far. Not saying he’s better than Red Mags but I don’t think we will see him as a 7* anytime soon.

Screenshots are with suicides but no boosts or synergies

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    Wow I might actually rank mine now. I like him but I’m just trying to figure out where he’d fit into my roster. I could see him being a pretty good bullseye and maestro counter
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 278 ★★★

Got this with a rank 1 7 star. The 5 and 6 star gambit relic actually makes him crit so much and nuke everything. I’ll definitely be picking up the dupe from the selector and giving him the r3 gem
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

Got this with a rank 1 7 star. The 5 and 6 star gambit relic actually makes him crit so much and nuke everything. I’ll definitely be picking up the dupe from the selector and giving him the r3 gem

it's probably not the relic lol ... the relic boosts physical damage and his attacks are all energy damage.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 783 ★★★★

Deacon said:

it's probably not the relic lol ... the relic boosts physical damage and his attacks are all energy damage.

His special 1 is physical. And the second hit of his sp2 is also physical. You can check aunt mai.

Red mags is the one with all energy specials.
    Good shout out, forgot to mention that. The Gambit relic is a game changer, I’ve noticed he crits so much more consistently with it.
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 447 ★★
    Just pull him 7*, think of ignoring him till I see your post, maybe try him then 😄👍
    Emilia90 said:

Wow I might actually rank mine now. I like him but I’m just trying to figure out where he’d fit into my roster. I could see him being a pretty good bullseye and maestro counter

My testing is limited so far but I think he’ll be a good counter for them both. If you use the prefight bullseye can’t evade out of the stun passive and he’s bleed immune. Maestro is odd because you’ll always glance but you can still gain prowess from basic attacks and most of his damage comes from specials so I don’t think Maestro will slow white mags down much.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,112 ★★★★★
    Isn't his magnetized bad than red Magneto?
    I think that played a huge part in him getting overlooked.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,762 ★★★★★
    edited August 11
    Nah....we've been awake....IMO Red Mags is just better than him. 🤷🏽

Yeah Whites has the pre-fights, and bleed immunity, but Reds is 90% bleed resistant..which is close to bleed immune. Reds prowess stacks like crazy, giving him insane damage.

And for me, once I got used to Red Mags Specials order, I did not like them being in reverse with White Mags.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,175 ★★★★★
    I got misty and man thing, So who should I pick from the selector? Mags or Punisher?

Yeah Whites has the pre-fights, and bleed immunity, but Reds is 90% bleed resistant..which is close to bleed immune. Reds prowess stacks like crazy, giving him insane damage.

And for me, once I got used to Red Mags Specials order, I did not like them being in reverse with White Mags.

With red mags, you’re not even supposed to use his sp1 and sp2 so not sure how the special order matters. White mags definitely gonna be a faster bg attacker and better support

I got misty and man thing, So who should I pick from the selector? Mags or Punisher?

Honestly. I think wags dupe is gonna be way more needed so if you select him and he’s unduped, I would rather just have an unduped punisher.

Honestly. I think wags dupe is gonna be way more needed so if you select him and he’s unduped, I would rather just have an unduped punisher.
    I could be wrong but I think that punisher actually needs the dupe more. It lets him ramp up faster and start his power control and damage significantly faster. The wags dupe is more of a luxury. The increased duration on bleed and armor break is nice but the majority of fights will be over in a single sp1, sp2 cycle.

That said punisher would still be a great dual threat champ unduped, hard to say which would be the better choice since they have very different roles, but I’d personally choose wags since he’s a great attacker and also adds a lot of utility to your team for quests and AW.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,344 ★★★★★
    edited August 11
    I always knew Wags was an underrated champ besides his prefight, but I never knew he can do 25 second fights at r3 level.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywJUsH9caQ
    edited August 11
    Emilia90 said:

Imo still punisher as nice as mags is. Punisher being able to essentially stop the opponent from ever reaching a bar of power is so insane
    Yes, and via this 90% combat power rate reduction, he can counter champs that have dangerous specials or effects above a bar of power, such as Photon, Bullseye, Overseer, Bishop, Terrax, etc. Also no one is immune to this which makes it even better (except for champs with energize, passive power gain, etc)

I think P2099 needs the dupe more, he starts the fight with extra battery which is more helpful for getting into overdrive faster.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 926 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Imo still punisher as nice as mags is. Punisher being able to essentially stop the opponent from ever reaching a bar of power is so insane
    Yes, and via this 90% combat power rate reduction, he can counter champs that have dangerous specials or effects above a bar of power, such as Photon, Bullseye, Overseer, Bishop, Terrax, etc. Also no one is immune to this which makes it even better (except for champs with energize, passive power gain, etc)
    Yes, he's great. I've been using my 6* a long time - my first ever 6*r4, back when that was important. He's now Ascended.

However, as a long term user, a few points for people to be aware of, if you're choosing him from a selector:

He doesn't reduce the overall amount of combat power the opponent gains by 90% - he reduces their combat power rating by 90%.
    Since 7* opponents start with 120% CPR, that means he reduces it overall to 30% of standard. It's a big reduction; but your 7* opponents will still definitely get a special attack, here and there. More on Combat Power here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/329394/7-champs-have-higher-combat-power-how-does-this-change-things#latest

No-one is immune? Not true: Serpent is immune.

It's true that the CPR reduction works against opponents that are immune to other forms of power control; like Galan and King Groot. In fact he's fantastic against some of those guys in particular!

However his three main limitations are:
    1 - Buff-heavy opponents (2+) slow his ramp markedly - this will definitely be significant for that of you planning to use him in Battlegrounds.
    2 - He can't control passive power gain (loads of Cosmics and Mystics), and Energise abilities are very good against him.
    3 - Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction can prevent his reduction of CPR (Magneto x2, Domino, Warlock, anyone with Glancing).

Hope that's helpful - he's great, but it's important to know his limitations 🙂
    How insightful! Thanks for the info.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

His special 1 is physical. And the second hit of his sp2 is also physical. You can check aunt mai.

are we assuming this or is there some verbiage that explicitly says it's physical damage? i've always just gone by the CONTACT descriptor on the champ when it says energy or physical to determine if what they're doing is energy based or physical.

and both have the same special attack descriptions .. is it the "direct damage" note that tags it as physical damage? because neither say directly that it's physical damage . both Mags say they deal energy instead of physical. and both special attacks are described the same more or less.

OR do we just go by animations lol ... if they look like they should cause physical damage, they do?? because both are smacking you with objects but the way I've heard is to just go by whether or not the CONTACT says energy or physical.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,762 ★★★★★

With red mags, you’re not even supposed to use his sp1 and sp2 so not sure how the special order matters. White mags definitely gonna be a faster bg attacker and better support
    Not supposed to?? Is his Sp 1 and Sp 2 off limits? Lmao. You can use either special dude.

In many fights, his Sp 2 with stacked prowess has ended a fight quicker than waiting for Sp 3.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    Definitely haven’t ever slept on him, I’m getting him out of my selector fs.
  • Diegog2000Diegog2000 Member Posts: 17
    Deacon said:

Deacon said:

are we assuming this or is there some verbiage that explicitly says it's physical damage? i've always just gone by the CONTACT descriptor on the champ when it says energy or physical to determine if what they're doing is energy based or physical.

and both have the same special attack descriptions .. is it the "direct damage" note that tags it as physical damage? because neither say directly that it's physical damage . both Mags say they deal energy instead of physical. and both special attacks are described the same more or less.

OR do we just go by animations lol ... if they look like they should cause physical damage, they do?? because both are smacking you with objects but the way I've heard is to just go by whether or not the CONTACT says energy or physical.
    You can just check it on any resistor node. Magneto's basic attacks build energy resist buffs, while his SP1 and the second hit of his SP2 build physical resist buffs.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I was wide awake the whole time

As was I.

People were soooo focused on straight damage that they slept on the long term potential of White Mags.