My Opinion

TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,272 ★★★★★
I don't feel champions who turns off masteries for the negative detriment of the player are a valid or good game design.

Looking at you, Photon. No I'm not pissy.

Comments

• ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 135
    Well Photon did bring a lot of attention might not be good attention but thats what you want with a champ and also she aint that bad yall are way too overhypeing her
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,706 ★★★★★
    Theres onslaught with ultra instinct intercepts.

Id take photon these days (she used to shallow dex intercept a month ago, haven't felt her doing that now a days.)
  • Legend_WriterLegend_Writer Member Posts: 56
    I think it would be fine if it was used sparingly and in specific ways. Like "oh I shouldn't let such and such get up to x amount of charges, it will let them disable dexterity".

Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm only tb and I don't really play bgs. Most of this stuff doesn't affect me all that much
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 255 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Step 1, create revive spam content.
    Realize that players are using time and energy to farm revives.

Step 2, remove revive farming.
    In return, offer 1 revive per day (not counting daily events that already had them).

Step 3, realize that players figured out how to still make it work without using units.
    Panic.

Step 4, create champs that increase the likelihood of needing to heal or revive regardless of skill.

I wonder what step 5 will be.

1. Most content nowadays is easy and doesn’t need revive farming
    2. Photon has a lot of counters now so…

Don’t bother, these types just like to complain for the sake of complaining. What is this even going to do? Photon has been in the game quite a while now. Just learn to adapt this post isn’t going to remove her or stop kabam from adding more champs like this.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    It is what it is
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 241 ★★
    Photon turns off dex, no champ immune to nueroshock, can't dex bullseye's attacks with a bleed champ without taking damage.. they really have been anti player
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    It takes a lot to unlock masteries.
    Introducing champions that shut down those masteries is dumb.

Obviously @DNA3000 disagrees and thinks I am just whining?

Let’s take a trip.
    So you manage to either spend or get the mastery cores to unlock willpower.

Meanwhile, here’s a champ that just shuts that down.

Guess I am a whiner book boy.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

Photon turns off dex, no champ immune to nueroshock, can't dex bullseye's attacks with a bleed champ without taking damage.. they really have been anti player

It’s almost like there’s ways to play around photon turning off dex and tons of champs can nuke her before she even enters pure light

You don’t need a neuroshock immune because most champs can nuke onslaught with high health as long as you don’t parry
    Can’t even reply because it has to be “approved”
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 241 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

Trek26 said:

It’s almost like there’s ways to play around photon turning off dex and tons of champs can nuke her before she even enters pure light

You don’t need a neuroshock immune because most champs can nuke onslaught with high health as long as you don’t parry

What? No comment for bullseye?

Y'all really be acting like all of us that say something don't know how to play the game, anyone can do this and anyone can do that.. it's not the point though, is it? You really need lucky draws in BGs for counters. That's if you have them ranked or have them in general. I'm sitting in arcane 3 though so I shouldn't complain too much
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 240 ★★★
    Tbh think what you want about turning off masteries (I personally have literally no issue with it, champs like Photon and Serpent are only stupid because Kabam didn’t balance around the mastery removal) but I don’t get the argument of “I paid for it, you can’t just turn it off” at all because you pay in some way for literally everything in this game and everything loses value eventually. People paid for crystals to get Bullseye, in many cases actual money instead of farmed units on mastery points. Kabam released buffed Sinister and now basically everyone has a hard counter. Bullseye is now devalued. Is that unfair? People paid for Bullseye and people now have a champ that basically turns him off completely. Same deal for Herc players and the crop of anti-Herc measures in places like champ kits, the necropolis, and story bosses.

Your masteries are still very much there, it’s just disabled by a few new champions. Mind you, your masteries were already effectively disabled by a number of champions and nodes anyways. You weren’t getting value from willpower on heal block nodes and were punished for it by champs like Warlock. Mangog doesn’t disable dex but you’re welcome to try doing so against his unblockable sp2. Same deal for Ikaris’s sp2. If your mastery purchases were truly devalued because of this then I invite you to just remove dex altogether, invest the points in a mastery that can’t be disabled and see how that works out.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★
    I agree with photon and even dust turning off willpower. But Onslaught turning off willpower is just pure evil. You can parry him, I understand. But atleast make his AI suitable for intercepting atleast. I don't owe a death in bg and war because of youe stupid AI. If you're not going to fix ai, atleast don't turn off willpower when fighting onslaught.
    Asking a question? I didn’t ask anything dude.
    On brand for me?
    Bro, you’re so off that the forum is outside your phone screen.
    I guess we’ll see.
    Back on topic. No, it should not be a thing.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    Personally I don't see it as any different than a champion that is immune to bleed, it doesn't punish players that invested in a champion that bleeds it just means you have to use a different option
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,356 ★★★★
    how is a champ turning willpower off any different to robots getting no benefit from it?
    or champs like kingpin and DDHK getting reduced benefit from it?

not all masteries are designed to work in every situation.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

Congrats. You listed 3 champs out of almost 300.