Who else voted for the champ they don't have and what was your reason?

713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244
edited August 19 in General Discussion
I voted for Cyclops even if I don't have a 6* Cyclops but have a 6* Dr. Strange because we already have a good Stephen Strange (Symbiote Supreme), but not a Scott Summers. It made me rank up my Dr. Strange tho

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    I have both of em and voted for cap who I don't have as 6* 🤣
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Voted for Cap, he is not winning, sad

Rigged clearly
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244

I have both of em and voted for cap who I don't have as 6* 🤣

Lol nice commitment. What's your reason for voting him?
    PT_99 said:

Voted for Cap, he is not winning, sad

Rigged clearly

That's two cap fans so far. Why'd you vote for him?
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Voted for strange, he deserves a buff cause I like Benedict Cumberbatch. Don’t get me wrong like cyclops too but Dr. Strange all the way.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    Disappointed, since I voted for Strange and it looks like Cyke wins by a whisker.

I’ve got them all at every available rarity so any buff is better than none. But it’s a shame that the team won’t finally right the wrong that was 12.0. Strange was gutted and has been less than useful for a while—his cycle timing is all wrong, his attack is weak, his regen is neutered, etc.

Moreover, it appears we will have a cyclops (blue) that’s decent and a reskin (red) that isn’t at all, which I think is weird. I’ve never been a fan of reskins (lazy) and we now have another reskin getting attention. Great for Cyke, and I love the character, but I’m not sure this is the best current option for buffing.

Who knows? Maybe Cyke will wind up in the same buff bin as CWBP…

Dr. Zola

Voted for strange, he deserves a buff cause I like Benedict Cumberbatch. Don’t get me wrong like cyclops too but Dr. Strange all the way.

I like MCU Strange too. I wish the rework makes his sp3 take place in the mirror dimension or using a time loop
    edited August 19
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I'm not around before this "12.0" everyone I see talking about. Would you rather they just bring him back to that version or they give him a new buffed kit?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I'm not around before this "12.0" everyone I see talking about. Would you rather they just bring him back to that version or they give him a new buffed kit?
    Pre 12.0 isn't about them. Before the update the game calculated damage and armor/armor breaks in a different which lead to champs being too op

4* thor can deal 100k damage because his armor breaks reduced armor to a very large extent. Scarlet witch has more chance to apply stuns, so she almost apply stun on every crit attack, essentially stun locking. Strange was able to life steal a lot, Playing strange at the time feels like you are playing every fight on life transfer node. Their kits are primitive, it's just the game had bugs that made them too OP.

I'll have a new balanced kit, in case they buff strange.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    Strange, and the reason is... Everyone saying Cyclops should be better in terms of comic accuracy but actually, he is comic accurate already, he's not a omega champ or something, the same thing with Cap, he's just a strong guy with a shield, not much to do, on the other hand, Strange is Sorcerer Supreme, which means he's the greatest there is, but game wise, he's way far from what he should be

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

4* thor can deal 100k damage because his armor breaks reduced armor to a very large extent. Scarlet witch has more chance to apply stuns, so she almost apply stun on every crit attack, essentially stun locking. Strange was able to life steal a lot, Playing strange at the time feels like you are playing every fight on life transfer node. Their kits are primitive, it's just the game had bugs that made them too OP.

Sounds like Thor can have those armor break potencies now because of cgr. Stun locking is crazy, but isn't this basically the hulk now? And purifiers counters this right? Now Strange does sound OP. If all of these are just because of bugs, then I understand that the changes they did are just fixes, but also understand the disappointment of people who enjoyed playing these champs.

I understand the choice, thank you for the insight.

Strange, and the reason is... Everyone saying Cyclops should be better in terms of comic accuracy but actually, he is comic accurate already, he's not a omega champ or something, the same thing with Cap, he's just a strong guy with a shield, not much to do, on the other hand, Strange is Sorcerer Supreme, which means he's the greatest there is, but game wise, he's way far from what he should be

That makes sense, but I guess cap should at least be better than Red Guardian, but then again, comic accuracy. These are fan favorites so I understand if these people want them to be OP thoùgh.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Sounds like Thor can have those armor break potencies now because of cgr. Stun locking is crazy, but isn't this basically the hulk now? And purifiers counters this right? Now Strange does sound OP. If all of these are just because of bugs, then I understand that the changes they did are just fixes, but also understand the disappointment of people who enjoyed playing these champs.

I understand the choice, thank you for the insight.
    The armor break that existed pre 12.0 allowed Thor to kill ROL opponents in 15 seconds as a maxed out 4*. CGR is nothing compared to pre 12.0 Thor cause the 4* maxed Thor would hit harder than a 6* ascended CGR, not even considering that Thor now exists as a 6* and can be ascended. He was pretty busted

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Bit of both…the timing of his cycles was changed, presumably to disrupt the standard combo style. It’s just a few seconds off and feels difficult to access the health and attack he used to have. I’d go back to the original timing.

As someone else said, there are different ways to calculate armor break and damage now. That would have to be changed to work in the new system.

What I fear, however, is that Strange gets a rework that makes him tough to play enjoyably. He was one of the first if not the first to have cycling buffs and passive power gain. If he winds up like Enchantress (who I haven’t played yet) and needs a PhD + NASA clearance to use, then I’d consider it a step backwards.

Dr. Zola
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    I have both champs as a 6* so i didn’t mind either getting a buff.
    edited August 19
    In a chat earlier today, we discussed which champs really need a rework. I tend to place OG Marvel characters who don’t have multiple skins walking around MCoC toward the top tier, but there are a couple who make my next tier for reworks.

Top tier would be (in no particular order):
    1. Doc
    2. Iron Fist
    3. Groot
    4. Dorm
    5. Beast
    6. Sentry
    7. Green Goblin

Next tier (in no particular order):
    1. OGDD
    2. OGCM
    3. Drax
    4. Moon Knight
    5. Cap WW2 or OG
    6. OGBW
    7. CWBP (because he was supposed to be buffed)

I leave off obvious champs like Iron Patriot because there are now multiple iron men who range from useful to amazing. No need to fix him until multiple others get reworks. I’m also assuming Cyke won, so he’s off the list.

Just my thoughts.

Dr. Zola
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    Voted for Dr. Strange, even mine a 5 stars still with only 3k PI
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,082 ★★★★★
    At first Strange, but I wanted to keep it 50/50