Initial Thoughts On Enchantress?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Yeah you can buy her for 100 but just know she’ll be banned 95% of the time in bg for at least a month

I'm not, I think people are overreacting she's not that strong if you know how to remove spells lol.
    Well I just fought her for the first time without reading her kit. 6r5* torch. A whole lotta wtf happened within 30 seconds. 😂

Yeah I wouldn't advice going in without understanding how the spells work lmao also Torch is one of the best counters I killed her in three sp1s with my r4, it's really all about removing the spells before she throws a special.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Not the best attacker for BGs cause she needs to ramp but good defender and could potentially be extremely annoying with the right node combination but from her abilities alone I don't think she's a 5/5 more like 4/5. 90% of the science class will work against her, her spell removal isn't really that hard once you memorize which is which, the only tricky thing I still haven't figured is dexing her specials, she's not on Serpent or Bullseye level though so I give her a 4/5 on defense personally.
    Great for long form content though, definitely 5/5 for long form content and I will be getting her from the featured eventually and ranking her up but I don't think she's an absolute must have for now so I'm not getting the pre-release bundle.

My strategy for enchantress is throwing sparky at her and killing her before she sets up too many spells. Haven’t tested it yet but I’m sure it’ll work (hopefully)
    My strategy is drafting this goat

And not worrying about the spells too much (hopefully)
    I thought he needs the dupe for the extra debuffs
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Not the best attacker for BGs cause she needs to ramp but good defender and could potentially be extremely annoying with the right node combination but from her abilities alone I don't think she's a 5/5 more like 4/5. 90% of the science class will work against her, her spell removal isn't really that hard once you memorize which is which, the only tricky thing I still haven't figured is dexing her specials, she's not on Serpent or Bullseye level though so I give her a 4/5 on defense personally.
    Great for long form content though, definitely 5/5 for long form content and I will be getting her from the featured eventually and ranking her up but I don't think she's an absolute must have for now so I'm not getting the pre-release bundle.

My strategy for enchantress is throwing sparky at her and killing her before she sets up too many spells. Haven’t tested it yet but I’m sure it’ll work (hopefully)
    My strategy is drafting this goat

And not worrying about the spells too much (hopefully)
    I thought he needs the dupe for the extra debuffs
    Not if you go for sp1 first, the dupe and max sig only makes it so you can skip sp1 and go straight for the big sp2.
  • CapriciousCapricious Member Posts: 236 ★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Based on first impressions I don't think she'll be used in any fight that isn't 700k
    I would've preferred if her spells went a singular direction with the last swipe being a different variation. Eg: Damage spells (up,up, different variation) utility spell( down, down, different variation), third spell( right, right, different variation), charm spell( left,left, different variation). Having to swipe up,down, something is very complicated to memorize. She seems to have alot of survivability when fully ramped tho as seen from MSD'S stream. I don't know how effective she'll be in end game fights(not only necropolis) but we'll see.
    For now, what are your initial thoughts?

I’m liking her a lot so far but I don’t really like the way her signature ability/special 3 attack works. I think it should be one or the other, let the special 3 inflict charm and power steal a bar of power and than have the signature ability be something less focused on power stealing and more focused on debuff potency or increasing the effect of each enchantment rather than just… the enchan— you know what I mean. I respect the design choice because it’s an on the nose moment where by awakening her you get better ENCHANTMENTS! Oooooh 😂 but from a practical standpoint I don’t like it at all. The awakened ability almost feels like it’s meant for defenders (even adding insult to injury by specifying a lesser buff for attackers) but where the difference lies is that in her regular kit each ability basically has an “attacker buff” AND “a defender” buff while the signature ability does not. You can’t say that it’s a player friendly move to not make the sig ability useful either because once again…. Defenders still have it (and most people don’t even have the patience to use enchantress on offense so is her awakened ability still NEEDED so that you can throw her on AW and BG’s without even caring to use her? Probably)

The charm ability when added into the SP1 also feels underwhelming but, I’m still early into my testing with her, I’m sure there will be moments where it’s a game changer. But at this moment I kind of wish that was a part of the onslaught synergy keep in mind that she’s too slow to use as an attacker on offense, the defender doesn’t need to activate charm and probably won’t ever reach it in their rotation, AND if we need to stop a champion from gaining power than we still have multiple options including reaching an sp3 and snatching away a bar of power while stacking on multiple ability accuracy and power modifying spells. Unless this signature ability was literally only created to counter the serpent I don’t see the vision (yet). Most importantly Enchantress needs to have a balanced amount of spells in order to do her worst… part of that process is using enchantment spells to refresh every spell in her kit. That means you need to activate Charm THEN trigger an enchantment spell, and a damage spell, THEN launch a sp2 repeatedly (oh btw you’re fighting Hyperion so I hope that initial charm is still activated otherwise… too bad. Here’s a sp3 for ya 🤷🏾‍♂️) just something to keep in mind… her design is otherwise brilliant (reducing the damage to 80% wouldn’t kill anyone either but honestly removing her buffs is so easy that I don’t even care KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT! Who am I to tell them not to make a champ invulnerable)

NONYABIZZ said:

Based on first impressions I don't think she'll be used in any fight that isn't 700k
    I would've preferred if her spells went a singular direction with the last swipe being a different variation. Eg: Damage spells (up,up, different variation) utility spell( down, down, different variation), third spell( right, right, different variation), charm spell( left,left, different variation). Having to swipe up,down, something is very complicated to memorize. She seems to have alot of survivability when fully ramped tho as seen from MSD'S stream. I don't know how effective she'll be in end game fights(not only necropolis) but we'll see.

I’m liking her a lot so far but I don’t really like the way her signature ability/special 3 attack works. I think it should be one or the other, let the special 3 inflict charm and power steal a bar of power and than have the signature ability be something less focused on power stealing and more focused on debuff potency or increasing the effect of each enchantment rather than just… the enchan— you know what I mean. I respect the design choice because it’s an on the nose moment where by awakening her you get better ENCHANTMENTS! Oooooh 😂 but from a practical standpoint I don’t like it at all. The awakened ability almost feels like it’s meant for defenders (even adding insult to injury by specifying a lesser buff for attackers) but where the difference lies is that in her regular kit each ability basically has an “attacker buff” AND “a defender” buff while the signature ability does not. You can’t say that it’s a player friendly move to not make the sig ability useful either because once again…. Defenders still have it (and most people don’t even have the patience to use enchantress on offense so is her awakened ability still NEEDED so that you can throw her on AW and BG’s without even caring to use her? Probably)

The charm ability when added into the SP1 also feels underwhelming but, I’m still early into my testing with her, I’m sure there will be moments where it’s a game changer. But at this moment I kind of wish that was a part of the onslaught synergy keep in mind that she’s too slow to use as an attacker on offense, the defender doesn’t need to activate charm and probably won’t ever reach it in their rotation, AND if we need to stop a champion from gaining power than we still have multiple options including reaching an sp3 and snatching away a bar of power while stacking on multiple ability accuracy and power modifying spells. Unless this signature ability was literally only created to counter the serpent I don’t see the vision (yet). Most importantly Enchantress needs to have a balanced amount of spells in order to do her worst… part of that process is using enchantment spells to refresh every spell in her kit. That means you need to activate Charm THEN trigger an enchantment spell, and a damage spell, THEN launch a sp2 repeatedly (oh btw you’re fighting Hyperion so I hope that initial charm is still activated otherwise… too bad. Here’s a sp3 for ya 🤷🏾‍♂️) just something to keep in mind… her design is otherwise brilliant (reducing the damage to 80% wouldn’t kill anyone either but honestly removing her buffs is so easy that I don’t even care KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT! Who am I to tell them not to make a champ invulnerable)
    I lost the ability to edit… but screw it!
    NONYABIZZ said:

I lost the ability to edit so I’ll just throw part 2 here. (Desired change part 2, Enchantress losing 9 buffs and having a suboptimal sig ability)

in the live stream it was mentioned that “Losing a lot of your buffs feels really bad so we gave you XYZ and Z to make up for it” and that was a tremendous idea. Very player friendly! I really like her kit overall… but why NINE???? NINE BUFFS? I have to trigger NINE SP1’s before you feel sorry for me for losing it all? 😂 wow! How about we throw something related to this into that signature ability. I’ll even take a repackaged version of the charm spell where if we lose X amount of buffs we inflict Charm and do a touch of extra damage for X amount of seconds BOOM! Now I can spend more time being untouchable, (HA! I hate fighting stupid Rhino and all the unblockable, unstoppables. NOW WHAT? Who’s a “Defender” now???) and burning my opponent to a crisp, and less time thinking about how I’m going to fight the serpent who’s still going to crash out on me anyway. 😭
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

Without a doubt, she’d look good on my D efense

Gross
    Only taking about my mcoc defense for war - what were you thinking 🙂
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

I can't play this game with one hand bro

💀💀
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★

🤣
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
    I think Enchantress' sp3 breaks the 4th wall, just look at ppl over there
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★

Enchantress truly lives up her name when I fought her in EQ I was so mesmerized by her beauty I ended up dying at her hands but it was worth it 😂
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

NONYABIZZ said:

Is the point of her sig not that you can get the charm at the start of the fight against serpent?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,396 ★★★★★
    Too much ramp for a middling payoff.

NONYABIZZ said:

Is the point of her sig not that you can get the charm at the start of the fight against serpent?
    No it lets the enchantment spells last longer and power steals a certain amount based on immunities of the opponent (which is where we get nerfed likely to prevent us from stopping sp3’s… which is still not something that I like but maybe at max sig I’ll understand.)

But UPDATE! I was dead wrong about the Hyperion situation. It’s actually the opposite way around… the charm from the SP1 doesn’t last as long but it appears to be stronger. You can then throw an sp2 and DOUBLE the potency. Later you can tack on an sp3 and even a petrify buff (with 30% potency) if you’re in quest and you bring in Hela. So I see what the plan was on offense. I still stand by my point about losing 9 buffs though… but the way I see it everyone playing enchantress should focus on keeping the purple spells the highest (alongside orange spells if necessary) I suggest that people go into the game with the plan to CRIPPLE their enemy rather than BIG YELLOW NUMBER them… hit em up with a charm, neutralize, atrophy, if you’re really concerned about damage take on a few double blocks to randomly get your crit rate up and then launch an SP2. Her damage is actually not bad (even in shorter fights) but she’s designed to be an all gas no breaks kind of champion… she’s really similar to SW sigil… but with a LOT more utility and a meticulous approach to her game that’s gonna throw people off initially.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    A devil in woman form

Even in Arenas hard to beat

Imagine on BG and Sidequests

Haha

Come to my roster, Amora!
    In all seriousness tho for offense she's not meant for short fights I think medium and everest healthpool fights is where she will be best at
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 270 ★★
    Ok I am skipping.. not going to waste 100 bucks here with all going in the world ..

I can use those 100 bucks to take my wife out for dinner and make a case for me being a better husband than just MCOC addict... Lol..
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★

Without a doubt, she’d look good on my D efense

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★

Put on automode and do your doing😉

In all seriousness tho for offense she's not meant for short fights I think medium and everest healthpool fights is where she will be best at

I agree! She can still do short fights (especially when a lot of buffs are being activated) but no matter what you’re going to be playing for a good 50-85 seconds because she HAS to activate about 3 SP1’s before her sp2 does anything significant. It feels as though nothing in the game is allowed to significantly affect her stats other than her own magical spells (which is kind of cool) which is why I’m using SW’s relic to boost her power gain ghost rider could also work. (Jugs may work best in Everest content depending on just how often you can reload the unstoppable buff)
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,757 ★★★★★
    More and more i play i enjoy her also shes defo a option for those that hate reverse controls as when she has haste up with the green unstoppable ur free to play normal like theres so much to learn but so much to enjoy with her u shouldnt care about damage as she is for fights like necro where u can utilise all spells and ramp up
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Af-> <-r<-e<-t wAT c->h->i->ng t↓
    h↓
    e↓ e->e->p e<-v<-i<-D I am↓
    D↑ n↓
    o↓
    t↓
    e<-r<-u<-S
    s H E is R i <-t<-h<-g FoR ME.</p>

hope Godzilla’s ok, because I KNOW I had a stroke reading that.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    edited August 21
    a lot of utilities but a bit too complicated !
    We already have more than 200 champions to understand and memorize and now we need to memorize 12+ patterns to get 12+ different utilities on one specific champion.

i guess she will mainly be put on defense and only those 1% top player will take her on attack
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    This character seems to be made to inspire a late surge into necropolis for the people who hadn’t explored yet. She is a solution to a bunch of the problem fights on left side and specifically can answer the reverse lane and silver centurion
    Has anyone recorded any long form content with her? An alliance teammate of mine got the 7* to r2 and it took 6 minutes for LoL Star Lord which is very underwhelming.