When is the balance update for Destroyer and Serpent?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
It's already near the end of the month and we still haven't gotten balancing info for these two champions.

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,276 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Considering every new update has been super late, I’d assume next week sometime. Tomorrow if we’re really lucky

They're probably still deciding if Serpent needs to be nerfed or not lol
    Hope not....

Amora brings more attention now....haha
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Praying for an offensive destroyer buff since his defensive stocks just sunk lol. Don’t really expect it though.

All they really need to add is more buffs to destroy and a faster ramp. His damage is good but the ramp isn't the fastest

I hope serpent stays the same 😭😭

Honestly he might, or he may get a slight tunedown like Bullseye did
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Praying for an offensive destroyer buff since his defensive stocks just sunk lol. Don’t really expect it though.

All they really need to add is more buffs to destroy and a faster ramp. His damage is good but the ramp isn't the fastest
    Yea something like that. It doesn’t have to be crazy fast but it currently takes like a minute to activate your power gain and by then you want the fight to be over.
    Pikolu said:

EdisonLaw said:

I think he definitely deserves more than that. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas I don’t think I’ve ever seen a serpent fight with over 50k points. He’s waaayyyy worse.
    Duped serpent fight*

Unduped serpent is really easy to nuke, so the thing I'd like to see is toning down the power gain and regen he gets on defense with his sig when he goes into death immunity. That sig caused a lot of people to just pause the fight in the last GC meta since waiting it out is just asking to auto-lose.
    Also the extend node makes his death immunity last 150% longer
    Pikolu said:

EdisonLaw said:

I think he definitely deserves more than that. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas I don’t think I’ve ever seen a serpent fight with over 50k points. He’s waaayyyy worse.
    Duped serpent fight*

Unduped serpent is really easy to nuke, so the thing I'd like to see is toning down the power gain and regen he gets on defense with his sig when he goes into death immunity. That sig caused a lot of people to just pause the fight in the last GC meta since waiting it out is just asking to auto-lose.
    Yes duped specifically. Unduped he can be annoying but he’s far from unfair. I really just want him to have less dread charges on defense to lower the potency of the power and health gain he gets during his death immunity.

And yea gc made him awful, he kinda needs a line in his sig that says “death immunity cannot have its duration extended” or something like that. It already pushes the boundaries of unfair at its normal duration let alone when extended.

To anyone expecting a Destroyer buff, Ironheart didn't happen, no way Destroyer will happen. Better be disappointed now than later lmao.

I have a small smidge of hope as destroyer is supposed to have 4/5 damage and with how long
    It takes for him to get there I feel like it deducts some points from his damage making it lower than it should be.

Ironheart is supposed to be a utility powerhouse with 3/5 damage, which feels pretty accurate. We all wanted her to get a slight tune up to maybe a 3.5/5 but that unfortunately wasn’t her target number. I wish it was, it would’ve made her far more valuable, but it doesn’t seem like that’s what they were going for.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★

To anyone expecting a Destroyer buff, Ironheart didn't happen, no way Destroyer will happen. Better be disappointed now than later lmao.

Honestly Destroyer is good in attack except if he can ramp up quicker it'll be more fun to use him on attack

EdisonLaw said:

Kushala or Chavez maybe? I also haven't seen one yet
    edited August 23
    Here's what my thoughts are... I think Serpent might get changed and I was going to rank 3 him but due to rebalance coming out went with Adam instead and Destroyer most likely is staying the same
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Kushala or Chavez maybe? I also haven't seen one yet
    Chavez and Kushala I are both around 50-60s. It’s not a bad score but again even his best counters don’t nuke him. Maybe in a buff heavy meta or with a rank advantage they could take him in 45s but that’s why I said consistently and without special circumstances. That would more so be the exception rather than the rule.

Here's what my thoughts are... I think Serpent might get changed and I was going to rank 3 him but due to rebalance coming out went with Adam instead and Destroyer most likely is staying the same

Possible since Ironheart didn't get tuned up either
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    I say this as somebody with both a 6* and 7* Serpent.
    jdschw said:

I also have a Serpent and am worried that if they nerf him on D, it may also nerf him on attack as well
    jdschw said:

I hope they nerf Serpent. They could pick any of a dozen different solid options that have been suggested here. The simplest one is reducing the starting culforce charges on defense. They could also just get rid of the stupid dex-deactivation on specials, or reduce the pierce.

I just fought Serpent in arena still a nightmare without any nodes lol I did win but I lost half my health from his sp3
    EdisonLaw said:

jdschw said:

I also have a Serpent and am worried that if they nerf him on D, it may also nerf him on attack as well
    That's my worry too if he gets touched I hope it doesn't affect him in attack because I use him on offense a lot
    Emilia90 said:

The fact that there are people who don’t want serpent to get nerfed 💀

He’s bad for the game. He’s not as counterable as bullseye or any of the others and he’s pretty much a guaranteed loss or massive time stall. The people who r3’d him knew dang well he could be rebalanced

That's what rebalance program exists for @Emilia90 to ensure there are no anomalies I honestly died from Serpent so many times most of my war deaths are because of him lol
    edited August 23

Serpent with counters is just fine main problem comes in his sig ability no I am not talking about death immunity buff I am talking about that stupid power gain which push him to sp3 even though you played the whole fight perfect.I just want that ability to remove from defence not from attack
    And considering they didn't change ironheart abilities so she can have consistent damage rampup i don't think they will change destroyer even a little bit

Or lower the amount of dread he starts with on defense since it increases stuff like the fury potency, the block penetration, the duration of the death immunity, etc. They don't even need to change his kit at all