Silk or Hulk

Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 447 ★★★★
Who is a better rank 2 for this upcoming BG metas and the next one?

Silk or Hulk 96 votes

Silk
48%
MagicBentonbhuv9191bryce7mcaptaincushHendrossAckbar67Gulfstream550SoundwarpSagacious0wlAyden_noah1FuzzycatLight_Stormcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimePolygonDoctor_Strange19JJBoy19Zephyre33RawrasurusGiantwalrus56 47 votes
Hulk
51%
Spity687abo2aage_of_andycapTerraFoxhero007CropDusterBrokenRockSlydeGyanemdjerSairam44Justcause102DrPepper_75Amztrak1_MrBankspeixemacacoTotalMonster110Ewell65SSS69VABBI2003ReignkingTWBeastDad 49 votes

Comments

• 7abo2a7abo2a Member Posts: 50
    Hulk
    but if duped silk
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    Hulk is good for this meta and definitely better for crit me imo. He’s also one of the best enchantress counters cause he can shut her down completely
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 365 ★★★
    Silk
    Photon will be rampant
    Silk.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,792 ★★★★★
    Silk
    Silk can handle photon and Onslaught really well compared to hulk. So I'll go with her. She is also better in crit me meta imo
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Hulk

Silk. Good for questing, great Photon counter, great Mystic counter overall, awakening opens her up a bit more. Very, very good for Incursions. And, with the new saga tags coming up, she might be of more use. Love my SIlk, she's at r4 at the moment.

R4 7*?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Hulk

Silk can handle photon and Onslaught really well compared to hulk. So I'll go with her. She is also better in crit me meta imo

A single hulk clap in crit me would nuke pretty much everything. Silk would be good too but I think Hulk would be faster easily, and he’s good for man-thing.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,328 ★★★★★
    Silk
    What makes Silk good for Photon?
    Silk
    Polygon said:

She doesn't benefit from dex so she can dodge photon's specials, and also the safety net evade if you miss her dodge timing.

She can also dodge serpent's specials as well.
    Silk

Polygon said:

She doesn't benefit from dex so she can dodge photon's specials, and also the safety net evade if you miss her dodge timing.

The rotation is just 5 hit combos into sp2 i assume since heavies trigger miss
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 25
    Silk
    Emilia90 said:

Hulk is good for this meta and definitely better for crit me imo. He’s also one of the best enchantress counters cause he can shut her down completely

Silk has that sunder on sp2 though, that will definitely come in handy for the crit me meta cause most people will be running defenders with crit resistance. Keep in mind neither of them will have extra burst damage.

Also Hulk is slow for Man-Thing for the most part, if you don't get bonus crit damage then the bursts of damage aren't that big, and even then you won't deal any burst damage cause if the meta. You can stun lock for sure but unless he's higher rank it's a 50 sec fight easily.
    Silk
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah you don't wanna heavy into photon, so you'll lose some damage (Or you could manually trigger her miss via parry and launch your heavy into sp2 when the cooldown is up), but that's not really necessary, she can still do good damage without heavies.
    Silk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah you don't wanna heavy into photon, so you'll lose some damage (Or you could manually trigger her miss via parry and launch your heavy into sp2 when the cooldown is up), but that's not really necessary, she can still do good damage without heavies.
    What if you play it like Red Goat and purposely trigger untouchable before your sp2 so it goes on cooldown?
    Hulk
    Guys keep in mind, besides being a great attacker, Hulk can also be a viable defender, especially if he’s duped. Silk is mostly an attacker
    Silk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

What if you play it like Red Goat and purposely trigger untouchable before your sp2 so it goes on cooldown?
    Yeah that's what I mean, that'll work, but if you stack multiple physical vulnerabilites, you will do great damage even without furies.
    Silk
    EdisonLaw said:

Guys keep in mind, besides being a great attacker, Hulk can also be a viable defender, especially if he’s duped. Silk is mostly an attacker

Hulk is not going be a good defender next meta he'll get nuked by anyone before he can even trigger unstoppable and Inequity, and he has nothing to counter crit resistance. If we're talking strictly next meta, Silk is better purely because of the sunder.
    Silk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah that's what I mean, that'll work, but if you stack multiple physical vulnerabilites, you will do great damage even without furies.
    That's good to know then, I had no idea Silk could fully dex her specials which is absolutely embarrassing since I have a r3.
    Hulk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

That's good to know then, I had no idea Silk could fully dex her specials which is absolutely embarrassing since I have a r3.

edited August 25
    Silk
    EdisonLaw said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I'm aware now yes, never knew that.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 365 ★★★
    Silk
    Polygon said:

Trigger miss by missing one light attack, while its in cooldown, heavy, relic, heavy sp2
    Silk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He does photon well?
    Silk
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He does photon well?
    Red Guardian? Yes really good for Photon, just have to purposely miss before you drop sp2.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    Both great, but you can sometimes stun lock with hulk.
    Silk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He does photon well?
    Red Guardian? Yes really good for Photon, just have to purposely miss before you drop sp2.
    For the two disagree spamming bots:

Lmao
    Hulk

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He does photon well?

Lmao
    We call him the Red Goat for a reason. Will he be a 7*?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited August 26
    Silk
    Don't know bout y'all but mastering silks sp3-sp2 rotation was one of the greatest accomplishments I ever made in the game. She carried me even when she was r4 during war and story because it could nuke literally EVERY MATCHUP she could work for. Could take out onslaughts even tho I couldn't dex the specials. It was literally a guaranteed kill even with limber nodes.
    Silk also happens to be THE FASTEST science champion in BG's in my opinion at least. Mine is just r5 asc
    I'm surprised how she's slowly becoming underrated in the science class by a large chunk of the community as if she doesn't easily outspeed and outdamage champs like Titania and spider ham and she can take a LARGE chunk of matchups as well. At r3 silk can most likely finish the fight without letting your opponent throw a single special attack.
    Personally I'd go with silk but hulk is pretty Great too
    I'd go with silk PERSONALLY because I don't know how I'd play hulk when the stun lock is not "GUARANTEED" to kill the opponent. I've heard good things from hulk players tho and you will be winning either way.
    Also silk is better for enchantress lol who is saying hulk is better?. Hulk is not the best for knockdown nodes or champions where you have to knockdown the champion (you literally knock down enchantress every sp1 she throws so no hulk would not work well for enchantress because it triggers your gamma).
    Silk
    EdisonLaw said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He does photon well?

Lmao
    We call him the Red Goat for a reason. Will he be a 7*?
    Could've been faster if I didn't play it so safe too, goat nonetheless.

As for 7* I doubt it, I feel like him and Sinister would be incredibly strong if they were released as 7* right now, probably too strong. Red Goat (and I know I'm going to get dogged on for this one lol) would dethrone both Hulk and Titania in the science class if he was a 7*, same thing for Sinister. They'll be released eventually but I don't see that happening for at least another year.
    Silk
    NONYABIZZ said:

Don't know bout y'all but mastering silks sp3-sp2 rotation was one of the greatest accomplishments I ever made in the game. She carried me even when she was r4 during war and story because it could nuke literally EVERY MATCHUP she could work for. Could take out onslaughts even tho I couldn't dex the specials. It was literally a guaranteed kill even with limber nodes.
    Silk also happens to be THE FASTEST science champion in BG's in my opinion at least. Mine is just r5 asc
    I'm surprised how she's slowly becoming underrated in the science class by a large chunk of the community as if she doesn't easily outspeed and outdamage champs like Titania and spider ham and she can take a LARGE chunk of matchups as well. At r3 silk can most likely finish the fight without letting your opponent throw a single special attack.
    I'd go with silk PERSONALLY because I don't know how I'd play hulk when the stun lock is not "GUARANTEED" to kill the opponent. I've heard good things from hulk players tho and you will be winning either way.
    Also silk is better for enchantress lol who is saying hulk is better?. Hulk is not the best for knockdown nodes or champions where you have to knockdown the champion (you literally knock down enchantress every sp1 she throws so no hulk would not work well for enchantress because it triggers your gamma).

Bro how tf I can go for sp3+sp2 rotation if the AI Refuses to intercept at the right time?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited August 26
    Silk

NONYABIZZ said:

Bro how tf I can go for sp3+sp2 rotation if the AI Refuses to intercept at the right time?
    I've been doing it since mine was r4 and it was really complicated but I mastered it in about an hour and did ROL with it. Since I r5'd my silk it's been insanely simple because of the additional Combat power rate. Any r5 6* and 7* star silk can easily perform it. R4 will have to be very fast. After the sp3, QUICKLY go MLLLM, MLLLH into relic and immediately the relic is finishing start tapping light, then hold block for a quick second to reset the combo then do LLLMH into Sp2
    I know I just made a whole lot of NONSENSE
    I don't know how better to explain it without a video
    Specifically you'd need the hulk relic because the 2099 one starts the stun timer before he finishes the animation.
    Initially after the sp3 you'd want to fit the MLLLM combo into the stun as if give you more power then quickly before the stun expires you start the next combo string into the relic
    Fitting 2 light attacks into the relic stun was the hardest part but after enough practice I never miss it now.
    I wish I could show a video on here without having to post on YouTube but unfortunately I can't.
    You never need AI cooperation to do this by the way because they'll have no means of escaping this rotation which is why I'll always cherish silk over Titania EVERY DAY