About balance update The Serpent

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,080 ★★★★★

Why y'all wanna nerf serpent when you can ban him? Lol

The comment of someone really hoping their r3 investment doesn't get messed with haha. But nah, I get it.
    I don't mind. I have faith in kabam. If they are going to touch serpent, it probably will be something insignificant like they did with bullseye. And I enjoy using serpent in attack, He is a monster in fights outside bgs.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

He's really not as bad as everyone thinks... last GC meta he was a nightmare but bait sp1, you rake some block damage and the immortality slows the fight a bit but even a fairly poor fight like this is doable.

I'd say bullseye is worse, a chunky champ with decent damage beats Serpent with most of their health, without bleed immunity bullseye takes 50% from block damage alone; they didn't nerf him, they aren't nerfing serpent

Just use a bleed immune then? It’s so easy to nuke bullseye in under 45 seconds, you can’t do the same to serpent. What even is this argument
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★

He's really not as bad as everyone thinks... last GC meta he was a nightmare but bait sp1, you rake some block damage and the immortality slows the fight a bit but even a fairly poor fight like this is doable.

I'd say bullseye is worse, a chunky champ with decent damage beats Serpent with most of their health, without bleed immunity bullseye takes 50% from block damage alone; they didn't nerf him, they aren't nerfing serpent

This screenshot works against you more than it does for you. 43k is only a winning score because you also placed serpent. I also now see that you have him as a duped 7* probably r3 which explains why you want him to stay the same lol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    So I decided to look at my win streaks In bg and I realized getting 50k is not likely, you’re more likely to range between 44k-49k and still possibly win most of your fights. I average around there and win about 97% of my fights. You do not need 50k to win.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Yukzii_II said:

ah yes your argument works when serpent within the ss you gave took 90 seconds making you lose 25% health, and your opponent using Chavez, one of the only counters, near times out with 40% health gone. Idk if this is rage bait but your point is entirely invalidated by your own screenshot. Bullseye can be done by most champs with 80-90% health, he is easily nuked. Who nukes serpent in 30 seconds? No one.
    I can take serpent in 50 seconds. With the almighty cgr!! I will take an sp3 to the face tho lol
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    I’m wondering if the balance update is coming today, last one was also on a Wednesday
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,080 ★★★★★

So guys I’ve been thinking maybe serpent doesn’t actually need a nerf in fact they should take death immunity out of his sig and put it in his base kit fr fr
    Guys it was a joke please don’t yell at me ☹️
    Now you're talking
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 204 ★★

So guys I’ve been thinking maybe serpent doesn’t actually need a nerf in fact they should take death immunity out of his sig and put it in his base kit fr fr
    32k units 👀
    edited August 28

Now you're talking

Can’t wait to dupe him in 2037
    edited August 28

32k units 👀

The arena life

Edit: not sure what’s going on with the block quote mechanic it shows that it’s here in edit mode but doesn’t exist when I get out of it🤷
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I’m wondering if the balance update is coming today, last one was also on a Wednesday

Considering communication has been in the negatives, idk if it’s coming today. Maybe it will, maybe tomorrow or Friday
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 590 ★★★★
    They’ll wait until after the stream so they don’t have thousands of people screaming at them live. I just don’t have high hopes that he’s going to be rebalanced.
  • PP96PP96 Member Posts: 63

They’ll wait until after the stream so they don’t have thousands of people screaming at them live. I just don’t have high hopes that he’s going to be rebalanced.

I Cant wait to get banned on this platform
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 166 ★★
    “We decreased Serpent’s healthpool by 2%, problem solved, good luck!”
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    I think its due to what kabam said is they wanted 5/5 defenders they wanted them to be strong and eventually we will get counters so i get serpent not being banned since they will have to sell a proper solution but for now theres a few options like sym who can handle him and was made a 7 so i think the defenders side wont get nerfed unless its something unavoidable for 75% of champs aka bullseye bleeds via dexing it basically was too high
  • brownchr014brownchr014 Member Posts: 44

Why y'all wanna nerf serpent when you can ban him? Lol

The comment of someone really hoping their r3 investment doesn't get messed with haha. But nah, I get it.
    I'm not sure if you understand that there are other modes besides bgs. I can't simply ban serpent in abyss like content or aw def or story content. I usually have no issue but a lot of people do so a slight tune down isn't much to ask

I didn’t have my hopes too high but I was at least hoping for some sort of “excessiveness control” changes for lack of a better term. A line like “death immunity cannot have its duration modified” to prevent another extend fiasco from happening.
    Or for them to make his unblockable hits dexable, so that unblockable nodes like zero to hero don’t make him impossible to beat. But no, nothing.

I thought maybe they’d remove the 125% ability accuracy of death immunity since that introduces quite a bit of rng in very competitive areas of the game. They even said they liked that Wiccan was emerging as a counter for him, and this change would make him 100% consistent. But no, nothing.

Literally every celestial player I’ve seen, even Andy who has him at r3 and decent sig thought he was deserving of a nerf. But no, nothing.

Then there’s destroyer, with his 4/5 damage, who would be a fairly decent attacker if they just makes a couple changes to his ramp. They said they liked his performance on attack, even though he’s almost nowhere to be seen. He would’ve been such an easy tune up, but no, nothing.

I’ve now lost faith in the rebalancing program. So many champs deserving of buffs were ignored, and others who didn’t need buffs but could’ve had slight changes to their play styles to make them more fluent. (white tiger) Not really sure what the purpose of it is then. There’s almost never meaningful changes made, the only one I can think of is gladiator. Great that he got some love, but so many other champs needed attention too.

Like I said, disappointing.

I agree, this is ridiculous. Like the balance update only exists now to prevent another Hercules from rising into the contest. Oh well, we can now only hope that we get some hard counters coming this and next year

EdisonLaw said:

I didn’t have my hopes too high but I was at least hoping for some sort of “excessiveness control” changes for lack of a better term. A line like “death immunity cannot have its duration modified” to prevent another extend fiasco from happening.
    Or for them to make his unblockable hits dexable, so that unblockable nodes like zero to hero don’t make him impossible to beat. But no, nothing.

I thought maybe they’d remove the 125% ability accuracy of death immunity since that introduces quite a bit of rng in very competitive areas of the game. They even said they liked that Wiccan was emerging as a counter for him, and this change would make him 100% consistent. But no, nothing.

Literally every celestial player I’ve seen, even Andy who has him at r3 and decent sig thought he was deserving of a nerf. But no, nothing.

Then there’s destroyer, with his 4/5 damage, who would be a fairly decent attacker if they just makes a couple changes to his ramp. They said they liked his performance on attack, even though he’s almost nowhere to be seen. He would’ve been such an easy tune up, but no, nothing.

I’ve now lost faith in the rebalancing program. So many champs deserving of buffs were ignored, and others who didn’t need buffs but could’ve had slight changes to their play styles to make them more fluent. (white tiger) Not really sure what the purpose of it is then. There’s almost never meaningful changes made, the only one I can think of is gladiator. Great that he got some love, but so many other champs needed attention too.

I agree, this is ridiculous. Like the balance update only exists now to prevent another Hercules from rising into the contest. Oh well, we can now only hope that we get some hard counters coming this and next year
    EdisonLaw said:

I’ll actually be genuinely pissed off if shathra is a hard serpent counter and nothing more. It’ll feel like such a cheap push for monetization. If she’s an all around solid mystic who ends up being good for serpent like Chavez, then fine that’s great. But if she has a 125% potency neutralize and somehow ramps against specifically serpent but is slow everywhere else? Then I’ll be annoyed.
    This is what I'm hoping for. Shathra is our 2024 Summoner's choice and she better be good. Not Herc level, but more like what Gladiator is now
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I’ll actually be genuinely pissed off if shathra is a hard serpent counter and nothing more. It’ll feel like such a cheap push for monetization. If she’s an all around solid mystic who ends up being good for serpent like Chavez, then fine that’s great. But if she has a 125% potency neutralize and somehow ramps against specifically serpent but is slow everywhere else? Then I’ll be annoyed.
    Probs how it will be like how negasonic is but even then enchantress counters serpent but sure is slow in bgs but counters for war