Are the forums dead?

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★
I mean this post to be an honest inquiry. Is this no longer an effective way to communicate with the community team? Should we be moving to Discord as a primary platform?

I have to ask, because it seems like communication frequency has nose dived on this platform. There may be a flurry or two of activity from time to time but overall it feels like it nosedived into the abyss. Pinned posts now feel outdated and irrelevant more often than not and time sensitive feedback about AW isn’t getting the acknowledgment it use too.

The game seems like it still has legs but I dunno about the forums… do we all move to Discord and call time of death on the forums?

Comments

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    Yeah - I just see this place as player interaction forum anymore. Communication with the game team is a rare event. I am guessing that’s part of the intention after the staff changes.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    @BigBlueOx to me the forums feel like newspapers in the current day. By the time something gets acknowledged or announced here, it’s already been circulating in chats, streams, feeds, videos, etc. for much longer.

Does that mean they are dead? I don’t think so, but perhaps they aren’t the final word anymore. They usually aren’t the first place I go.

Dr. Zola
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    What do you mean the forums is dead? I'm still alive and right here. 😎✌️
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    In all seriousness there should be more communication going on I honestly think Jax & Miike were the life of the party and the new mods have some enormous shoes to fill.
  • BoonecooneyBoonecooney Member Posts: 81
    When the community can't find answers or updates in the forums. I'd assume that most would head to Ytube and they're favorite list of creators or MCOC channels. Most of which provide as much Intel as any of the forums regulars lately. Maybe Kabam is fine with the current info/communications stream flowing in that direction until their newer hires become acclimated?
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    I think one big problem is that the forum is just too cluttered with posts asking for the same kind of thing. It’s difficult to go through it all and answer everything. Just look at the bugs forum. Full of posts which should not be there and in the meantime those with actual bugs just get lost in there. The mutant bugs, for example, regarding purify and all the bugs involving Dust. They aren’t even on Trello, which seems to have been forgotten also.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    As long as we are here the forums will stay alive as long as possible
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

I think one big problem is that the forum is just too cluttered with posts asking for the same kind of thing. It’s difficult to go through it all and answer everything. Just look at the bugs forum. Full of posts which should not be there and in the meantime those with actual bugs just get lost in there. The mutant bugs, for example, regarding purify and all the bugs involving Dust. They aren’t even on Trello, which seems to have been forgotten also.

One problem though. Managing the forums comes with the job. That's what Jax and Miike did. I recognize that it seems the new guys are not full-time dedicated to the forums (at least not yet), but the forum user experience has been community managers involved in the community. They also have forum guardians to weed through the nonsense and flag things for the mods to take care of so they don't have to scour the boards constantly.
    And I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Trello was forgotten just a couple of months into it's life here.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

As long as we are here the forums will stay alive as long as possible

See… I think that misses the point. If the forums pivot to being a peer advice and interaction board and lack timely interaction with the community team then it’s no longer serving the same purpose.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

I mean this post to be an honest inquiry. Is this no longer an effective way to communicate with the community team? Should we be moving to Discord as a primary platform?

I have to ask, because it seems like communication frequency has nose dived on this platform. There may be a flurry or two of activity from time to time but overall it feels like it nosedived into the abyss. Pinned posts now feel outdated and irrelevant more often than not and time sensitive feedback about AW isn’t getting the acknowledgment it use too.

The game seems like it still has legs but I dunno about the forums… do we all move to Discord and call time of death on the forums?

The two main moderators (Jaxx & Miike) left for reasons and now nobody has actually stepped up ... Dvae was suposoed to be doing it but barely ever see comments from him they're just letting it die.

Guess the poor communication we've had for years is about to get a lot worse 🤷‍♂️
    Or...... Dave is trying to get acclimated to the role that Miike had been doing for 8 years or so.
    I think that’s a fair point to raise, but it also seems like the forums have been a low priority compared to other communication channels based on the administrative disorganization and timeliness of communications here compared to other venues, which is why I think it’s worth raising this question.
    Most devs aren't paid to go on forums and many are quite scared (rightfully) of coming on here, it is only really the community managers that do that. With the current state of the game, the community managers have been very busy, so you're right that forums is a pretty low priority for kabam at the moment.

In the discord, you can mute the whole thing except for the things in the information channel. Most of the time it is the same announcements that are found in forums anyways. Otherwise the discord is mostly there for the community to chat with each other. If you're really interested in what the devs are saying, you'll have to know how to search discord messages from specific people. The ones that talk the most, from what I've seen, are DLL, Vin_Cent, and nahkip.