Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Of course they release Nefaria's deep dive first sigh...
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    I think Nefaria is coming out first before Shathra
    Speaking of Shathra, since she is the summoner’s choice, will we get 3* versions like we did with Gladiator and Quicksilver?
    See you all tomorrow for Shathra's I guess, hopefully they saved the best for last and it's not just DLL overhyping her to compensate for the fact he designed Serpent himself.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    Yep they did say in the Livestream shatra was coming on September 17th even tho they showcased her rotation first and nefaria on the 5th
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Yep they did say in the Livestream shatra was coming on September 17th even tho they showcased her rotation first and nefaria on the 5th

probably as we have web store offers incoming for guaranteed 7* Count Nefaria
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    I think I would just like to add this.

I don't work for Kabam, so I can only assumed that Kabam would assign a champ to a designers with a list of requirements:-

Champ Role - Attacker, Dual or Defender
    Champ Power Budget - I.e How strong or weak they should be

The designer would then work with the animation team to understand how the champ would move, how many hits is in their SP animation and whether it is is contact or none-contact hit.

The keys elements from the designer is working the champion abilities and how it would interect with game mode, nodes and other champion abilities. However to many abilities, and strong damage or stats are would really be based on the Champ Power Budget, which is set by Kabam

Well imo it mean how "strong" a champ is (Attack or Def) is actually not based on the Designer.

So if we say Kate is a really good champion because her abilities, how well she counter whatever she meant counter I would imagine the credit go to the designer.

If the champ abilities interact badly with what/who they meant to counter then that would also mean bad design.

But how strong a champ hit or OP they are as Def, I would say that is down to Kabam.

Why does this matter?

I think in recent years, we as a community start to focus on who design which champs, with the expectation that they will be good or not. A lot of weight and credit is given to an individual, when the process itself are influenced by many other fact. Kate and Patriot are 2 very different level champs. I noticed hard counter have all the abilities to counter whoever they meant to, but with very little in power, so they are very slow, Patriot and NTW are good example, I believe this is Kabam instruction.

With this Serpent situation, I'm starting to think it might be healthier for everyone not to know who design which champion.

As the players, it doesn't really matter who design which champion, as how strong they will be will be dictate by Kabam, and it only lead over expectation and then disappointment.

As for the designer them itself, also don't think it is healthy for them to point out which champ is designed by them, unless those designer are prepare to accept both praise and constructive criticism when it arrived.

Just my 2 cents.

See you all tomorrow for Shathra's I guess, hopefully they saved the best for last and it's not just DLL overhyping her to compensate for the fact he designed Serpent himself.

She better be, she’s Summoner’s choice
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

If she doesn't counter serpent atleast in werewolf level, She's a L imo.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

I hope she counters serpent but if she’s a good general damage dealer she’s still a W
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I hope she counters serpent but if she’s a good general damage dealer she’s still a W
    Well even if she doesn’t counter Serpent fully she’ll still work well against other defenders, I hope, especially Maestro who is still a relevant defender. Also it seems she doesn’t rely on debuffs
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 74

EdisonLaw said:

After Gladiator (pre-buff), I don't really think her being a Summoner's Choice champ does anything tbh. I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow the damage is burst indeed since so far speed has been the issue with Negasonic and Patriot against Bullseye and Photon.
    maybe she will have both burst and and dot, but from the stream yesterday she felt like morbius having a tiny dot but her bugs give her a big burst with specials
    Eakomo said:

EdisonLaw said:

After Gladiator (pre-buff), I don't really think her being a Summoner's Choice champ does anything tbh. I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow the damage is burst indeed since so far speed has been the issue with Negasonic and Patriot against Bullseye and Photon.
    maybe she will have both burst and and dot, but from the stream yesterday she felt like morbius having a tiny dot but her bugs give her a big burst with specials
    If it is then she’ll work well for Serpent
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 581 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Eakomo said:

EdisonLaw said:

If it is then she’ll work well for Serpent
    Bursts are bad for Serpent.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Serpent shouldn't be countering the mystic class. Class relationships and masteries should not be messed with.
    His kit is so rigged that everyone has forgotten his special attacks being undexable from the start 😂

So do you want them to change Magneto too?
    Magneto was and should be the only exception given the nature of his powers. Serpent has ABSOLUTELY no reasonable explanation of him being able bypass the ENTIRE MYSTIC CLASS.
    This all started with mystic defenders slowly becoming nullify immune, then it went on to fateseal then stagger we let it slide because alot of people on here were defending kabam and explaining how cosmic defenders need It or else any mystic would be able to take them out easily. It wasn't that big of a deal because tigra started gaining popularity for her neutralize which was our escape from big cosmic mystic countering threats. We let it slide but now SERPENT is able to BYPASS EVERY MYSTIC ABILITY and kabam has now introduced a science champion who has UNCLEANSABLE debuffs, this could only be the beginning of more skill countering science champions. If the community does not start stating their disapproval on these things, it will only continue just like the photon undexable specials which we let slide because she was a well rounded champion and 2023 champions were mostly HITS and now we have serpent.
    Photon started the willpower mastery tampering, now we had onslaught as if his special attacks weren't hard enough to dex and the UNAVOIDABLE neuroshock damage you took by making one mistake weren't enough, he also punishes you for PARRYING(which is a mastery itself and a skill we all learnt) which now shuts of willpower as well in the process).
    We then had bullseye who also punished you for DEXING with the instant bleeds(thank GOD it got removed), then dust who shuts off WILLPOWER AS WELL and now serpent. This has got to stop please...
    Yep. All of this is just the truth.

I have noticed the increased tampering with Masteries. No one wants to be “That Guy” and constantly run to the Forums whining, but look where that has gotten us:

Unblockable Specials that can’t be Dexed, with a kit that takes the good of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class being increasingly resistant to Power Drain/Lock/Burn) while ignoring the weaknesses of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class typically having various degrees of vulnerability to Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/Fate Seal)

This is not a good path to be on. It really isn’t
    Power drain, lock and burn are tech abilities which cosmic should be radiant m resistant to, and besides serpent there are no cosmic champions that aren't best countered by mystic champions even if they're immune to one of their abilities.

Does sandman being bleed immune break the class relationship wheel against skill champs?
    No… he’s made of Sand. Like Thing is made of Rocks. The Serpent though is made of the same stuff as Odin and Thor so his bleed resistance makes sense… Well it makes sense if you wanted to remove the most common direct damage source on the game and AA proof him to limit players
    I mean most champions that are power drain immune are mostly class based, at a certain point game design has to trump comic lore

My argument is that he's not immune to mystic abilities, he's immune to tech abilities that some mystics have
    Eakomo said:

EdisonLaw said:

Unless her main source of damage is dot, she will absolutely suck.
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★

Boy Serpent is just so much fun. Unable to manage the power gain with the AI’s unwillingness to throw specials. Total skill issue for sure. It takes 100% skilled play to counter Serpent and I guess I’ll just never be able to be skilled. He definitely doesn’t have ridiculous mechanics and being unable to counter power snack & placebo is a skill issue for sure.

I legit don’t know what you’re supposed to do with that kit and Placebo, in BGs. I honestly don’t know what you’re supposed to do
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

Boy Serpent is just so much fun. Unable to manage the power gain with the AI’s unwillingness to throw specials. Total skill issue for sure. It takes 100% skilled play to counter Serpent and I guess I’ll just never be able to be skilled. He definitely doesn’t have ridiculous mechanics and being unable to counter power snack & placebo is a skill issue for sure.

I legit don’t know what you’re supposed to do with that kit and Placebo, in BGs. I honestly don’t know what you’re supposed to do
    Draft Chavez, Wigra or die.
    LOL Apparently so 😅😅

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Serpent shouldn't be countering the mystic class. Class relationships and masteries should not be messed with.
    His kit is so rigged that everyone has forgotten his special attacks being undexable from the start 😂

So do you want them to change Magneto too?
    Magneto was and should be the only exception given the nature of his powers. Serpent has ABSOLUTELY no reasonable explanation of him being able bypass the ENTIRE MYSTIC CLASS.
    This all started with mystic defenders slowly becoming nullify immune, then it went on to fateseal then stagger we let it slide because alot of people on here were defending kabam and explaining how cosmic defenders need It or else any mystic would be able to take them out easily. It wasn't that big of a deal because tigra started gaining popularity for her neutralize which was our escape from big cosmic mystic countering threats. We let it slide but now SERPENT is able to BYPASS EVERY MYSTIC ABILITY and kabam has now introduced a science champion who has UNCLEANSABLE debuffs, this could only be the beginning of more skill countering science champions. If the community does not start stating their disapproval on these things, it will only continue just like the photon undexable specials which we let slide because she was a well rounded champion and 2023 champions were mostly HITS and now we have serpent.
    Photon started the willpower mastery tampering, now we had onslaught as if his special attacks weren't hard enough to dex and the UNAVOIDABLE neuroshock damage you took by making one mistake weren't enough, he also punishes you for PARRYING(which is a mastery itself and a skill we all learnt) which now shuts of willpower as well in the process).
    We then had bullseye who also punished you for DEXING with the instant bleeds(thank GOD it got removed), then dust who shuts off WILLPOWER AS WELL and now serpent. This has got to stop please...
    Yep. All of this is just the truth.

I have noticed the increased tampering with Masteries. No one wants to be “That Guy” and constantly run to the Forums whining, but look where that has gotten us:

Unblockable Specials that can’t be Dexed, with a kit that takes the good of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class being increasingly resistant to Power Drain/Lock/Burn) while ignoring the weaknesses of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class typically having various degrees of vulnerability to Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/Fate Seal)

This is not a good path to be on. It really isn’t
    Power drain, lock and burn are tech abilities which cosmic should be radiant m resistant to, and besides serpent there are no cosmic champions that aren't best countered by mystic champions even if they're immune to one of their abilities.

Does sandman being bleed immune break the class relationship wheel against skill champs?
    No… he’s made of Sand. Like Thing is made of Rocks. The Serpent though is made of the same stuff as Odin and Thor so his bleed resistance makes sense… Well it makes sense if you wanted to remove the most common direct damage source on the game and AA proof him to limit players
    I mean most champions that are power drain immune are mostly class based, at a certain point game design has to trump comic lore

My argument is that he's not immune to mystic abilities, he's immune to tech abilities that some mystics have
    Fate seal, nullify, and stagger are inherently mystic abilities.
    As are atrophy, buff duration reduction and offensive buff immunity
    Wolf911 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

We have multiple DLL champs incoming from October-December according to him so let’s hope none of them are serpent tier defenders lmao

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala, Absorbing Man level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
    I think spiral is designed by RAYN the guy who designed shatra, wiccan, dust etc. he did say he designed one of the champs in nov/December can't really remember what month he said
    He also says he's proud of how spider punk turned out.
    Anyways hopeful that dazzler is designed by DLL instead cos that's the one I hope is a great attacker
    Isn't he/she the one designed sable as well?
    NO

Ryan or kabam honeydew designed following champs ( this is from the stream )

misty knight
    wong
    galan
    rocket rework
    mantis
    cassie lang
    dust
    spider punk
    the leader
    shathra

also cerastes boss as well
    *rayne