Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    edited September 1

Some people aren't on the side of Kabam or Players. That imaginary war isn't real. Some people are just on the side of logic.

I'm sorry but this time the players have a valid reason to have issues regarding Serpent I say this time the players are right until we get hard counters to him he will forever be a menace. As someone who has fought him many times.. have learnt his kit from 0 to 100... he lives up to his name and even Bullseye, Onslaught, photon, Kindred, Dust and Enchantress are nothing compared to him. And yes I'm a valiant player with somewhat decent amount of skill. If kabam wants new players to play the game they have a very long way to go before the new players get eased into it.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@WednesdayLength whose side are you really on?

I'm not on anyone's side, that's not how the world works, I just have my own opinions.

I think that serpent should have been nerfed, I don't think that the Kingpin bug fix is worthy of this much vitriol, I think Kabam make mistakes, I think this playerbase is prone to overreaction and entitlement. I hold multiple opinions that may contradict one another but I voice them as I see fit.

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Serpent shouldn't be countering the mystic class. Class relationships and masteries should not be messed with.
    His kit is so rigged that everyone has forgotten his special attacks being undexable from the start 😂

So do you want them to change Magneto too?
    Magneto was and should be the only exception given the nature of his powers. Serpent has ABSOLUTELY no reasonable explanation of him being able bypass the ENTIRE MYSTIC CLASS.
    This all started with mystic defenders slowly becoming nullify immune, then it went on to fateseal then stagger we let it slide because alot of people on here were defending kabam and explaining how cosmic defenders need It or else any mystic would be able to take them out easily. It wasn't that big of a deal because tigra started gaining popularity for her neutralize which was our escape from big cosmic mystic countering threats. We let it slide but now SERPENT is able to BYPASS EVERY MYSTIC ABILITY and kabam has now introduced a science champion who has UNCLEANSABLE debuffs, this could only be the beginning of more skill countering science champions. If the community does not start stating their disapproval on these things, it will only continue just like the photon undexable specials which we let slide because she was a well rounded champion and 2023 champions were mostly HITS and now we have serpent.
    Photon started the willpower mastery tampering, now we had onslaught as if his special attacks weren't hard enough to dex and the UNAVOIDABLE neuroshock damage you took by making one mistake weren't enough, he also punishes you for PARRYING(which is a mastery itself and a skill we all learnt) which now shuts of willpower as well in the process).
    We then had bullseye who also punished you for DEXING with the instant bleeds(thank GOD it got removed), then dust who shuts off WILLPOWER AS WELL and now serpent. This has got to stop please...
    Yep. All of this is just the truth.

I have noticed the increased tampering with Masteries. No one wants to be “That Guy” and constantly run to the Forums whining, but look where that has gotten us:

Unblockable Specials that can’t be Dexed, with a kit that takes the good of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class being increasingly resistant to Power Drain/Lock/Burn) while ignoring the weaknesses of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class typically having various degrees of vulnerability to Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/Fate Seal)

This is not a good path to be on. It really isn’t
    Power drain, lock and burn are tech abilities which cosmic should be radiant m resistant to, and besides serpent there are no cosmic champions that aren't best countered by mystic champions even if they're immune to one of their abilities.

Does sandman being bleed immune break the class relationship wheel against skill champs?
    No… he’s made of Sand. Like Thing is made of Rocks. The Serpent though is made of the same stuff as Odin and Thor so his bleed resistance makes sense… Well it makes sense if you wanted to remove the most common direct damage source on the game and AA proof him to limit players
    I mean most champions that are power drain immune are mostly class based, at a certain point game design has to trump comic lore

My argument is that he's not immune to mystic abilities, he's immune to tech abilities that some mystics have
    Fate seal, nullify, and stagger are inherently mystic abilities.
    As are atrophy, buff duration reduction and offensive buff immunity
    Listing something twice for any reason here? Atrophy is reduced buff duration… and until buff immunity is found outside of Claire’s kit that’s a toss up as Spot has it too
    I was stating them separately because mojo doesn't have atrophy but has reduced buff duration

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Serpent shouldn't be countering the mystic class. Class relationships and masteries should not be messed with.
    His kit is so rigged that everyone has forgotten his special attacks being undexable from the start 😂

Magneto was and should be the only exception given the nature of his powers. Serpent has ABSOLUTELY no reasonable explanation of him being able bypass the ENTIRE MYSTIC CLASS.
    This all started with mystic defenders slowly becoming nullify immune, then it went on to fateseal then stagger we let it slide because alot of people on here were defending kabam and explaining how cosmic defenders need It or else any mystic would be able to take them out easily. It wasn't that big of a deal because tigra started gaining popularity for her neutralize which was our escape from big cosmic mystic countering threats. We let it slide but now SERPENT is able to BYPASS EVERY MYSTIC ABILITY and kabam has now introduced a science champion who has UNCLEANSABLE debuffs, this could only be the beginning of more skill countering science champions. If the community does not start stating their disapproval on these things, it will only continue just like the photon undexable specials which we let slide because she was a well rounded champion and 2023 champions were mostly HITS and now we have serpent.
    Photon started the willpower mastery tampering, now we had onslaught as if his special attacks weren't hard enough to dex and the UNAVOIDABLE neuroshock damage you took by making one mistake weren't enough, he also punishes you for PARRYING(which is a mastery itself and a skill we all learnt) which now shuts of willpower as well in the process).
    We then had bullseye who also punished you for DEXING with the instant bleeds(thank GOD it got removed), then dust who shuts off WILLPOWER AS WELL and now serpent. This has got to stop please...

I have noticed the increased tampering with Masteries. No one wants to be “That Guy” and constantly run to the Forums whining, but look where that has gotten us:

Unblockable Specials that can’t be Dexed, with a kit that takes the good of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class being increasingly resistant to Power Drain/Lock/Burn) while ignoring the weaknesses of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class typically having various degrees of vulnerability to Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/Fate Seal)

Power drain, lock and burn are tech abilities which cosmic should be radiant m resistant to, and besides serpent there are no cosmic champions that aren't best countered by mystic champions even if they're immune to one of their abilities.

Does sandman being bleed immune break the class relationship wheel against skill champs?
    No… he’s made of Sand. Like Thing is made of Rocks. The Serpent though is made of the same stuff as Odin and Thor so his bleed resistance makes sense… Well it makes sense if you wanted to remove the most common direct damage source on the game and AA proof him to limit players
    I mean most champions that are power drain immune are mostly class based, at a certain point game design has to trump comic lore

My argument is that he's not immune to mystic abilities, he's immune to tech abilities that some mystics have
    Doesn't change the fact that he is immune to mystic abilities.
    Sure, but being immune to some abilities found in the opposing class isn't inherently game breaking even if in serpents case it's overtuned
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Listing something twice for any reason here? Atrophy is reduced buff duration… and until buff immunity is found outside of Claire’s kit that’s a toss up as Spot has it too
    I was stating them separately because mojo doesn't have atrophy but has reduced buff duration
    Mojo’s ability is what created atrophy, it’s one and the same and it’s found in what 4 champs atm, soon to be 5? It may not be broken to have some immunity to class advantage abilities but it is broken for a disadvantaged class champ to be able to bypass what Serpent does. As common with this discussion there is a line of acceptable norms that his design just ignores
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

We have multiple DLL champs incoming from October-December according to him so let’s hope none of them are serpent tier defenders lmao

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala, Absorbing Man level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
    I think spiral is designed by RAYN the guy who designed shatra, wiccan, dust etc. he did say he designed one of the champs in nov/December can't really remember what month he said
    He also says he's proud of how spider punk turned out.
    Anyways hopeful that dazzler is designed by DLL instead cos that's the one I hope is a great attacker
    DLL has been letting us down a lot lately, and if Shathra's as good for Serpent as I think she will be then I'd rather Rayn designed Dazzler lol.
    I think his design is great, sometimes its a bit too overtuned

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

We have multiple DLL champs incoming from October-December according to him so let’s hope none of them are serpent tier defenders lmao

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
    Yeah I hope so too. I was talking with DLL in the server and he’s aware that the Galan bug has been going on for way too long but that’s not his area lol

Oh and he’s doing Deathless She-Hulk. Glad I joined the discord because you get so much more info
    Hey Emilia, Can you tell me where these convos are happening in Discord, not much familiar with it.

Edit: NVM I can see the discussions
    You need to lay low for a while...remember what DLL said to you yesterday on the stream, LOl
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48
    edited September 1
    Elthan said:

Well balanced defender :D Here a list of all his defensive abilities (from a post from this video https://youtu.be/WMgQXyRblT0?si=t_gIMN9ADm7Cnw4D)

1. immunity to coldsnap
    2. 90% reduced bleed duration
    3. resist up
    4. pierce
    5. high healthpool
    6. crit resist
    7. undexable specials
    8. counters evade
    9. counters miss
    10. stun immune during specials
    11. extra attack rating per cul force charge
    12. 125% death immunity
    13. power gain
    14. big heal
    15. immunity to fate seal
    16. fear debuff (counters juggy wuggy) :(
    17. reduces power drain and burn potency by 60%
    18. if opponent takes 0 damage from sp3, gains 2 bars of power
    19. immune to heal block
    20. immune to special and power lock
    21. ability power rate cannot be reduced under 50% by non mystics
    22. -60% potency of ANY instant damaging effect
    23. -60% crit penetration (ignores 60% less armour and resistances)
    24. immorality is also nullify/stagger immune

That's a lot for one champion. Not even Hercules has this much in his kit.

How good is onslaught against serpent? damage wise wont be too bad i guess but power gain will ruin him
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Mojo’s ability is what created atrophy, it’s one and the same and it’s found in what 4 champs atm, soon to be 5? It may not be broken to have some immunity to class advantage abilities but it is broken for a disadvantaged class champ to be able to bypass what Serpent does. As common with this discussion there is a line of acceptable norms that his design just ignores
    I've literally never said that serpent is fair in this regard, I'm merely pointing out that mojos ability isn't technically atrophy in the sense that it doesn't work the same way against maestro who requires atrophy. Serpent is overtuned but that doesn't mean that the idea that champions are breaking class boundaries across the board is true
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    Mirac1e said:

Elthan said:

Well balanced defender :D Here a list of all his defensive abilities (from a post from this video https://youtu.be/WMgQXyRblT0?si=t_gIMN9ADm7Cnw4D)

1. immunity to coldsnap
    2. 90% reduced bleed duration
    3. resist up
    4. pierce
    5. high healthpool
    6. crit resist
    7. undexable specials
    8. counters evade
    9. counters miss
    10. stun immune during specials
    11. extra attack rating per cul force charge
    12. 125% death immunity
    13. power gain
    14. big heal
    15. immunity to fate seal
    16. fear debuff (counters juggy wuggy) :(
    17. reduces power drain and burn potency by 60%
    18. if opponent takes 0 damage from sp3, gains 2 bars of power
    19. immune to heal block
    20. immune to special and power lock
    21. ability power rate cannot be reduced under 50% by non mystics
    22. -60% potency of ANY instant damaging effect
    23. -60% crit penetration (ignores 60% less armour and resistances)
    24. immorality is also nullify/stagger immune

That's a lot for one champion. Not even Hercules has this much in his kit.

How good is onslaught against serpent? damage wise wont be too bad i guess but power gain will ruin him
    He has the damage but still has to get through the death immunity and power gain. Same with CGR and other nukes
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Alright everyone ready? Moment of truth in 5 mins lol
    LET'S GOOOO ENERGY DAMAGE PER SECOND NOT BURST GET F***ED SERPENT.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    Did not see it yet, is she a counter ?
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 157 ★★
    No Serpent nerf. Get over it. You’ll be ok.
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 74

ah yes the steady introduction of counters so we don't feel to bad about him not getting changed for the next 6 months

Yeah best counter in the game hands down, and her damage looks very good, there's actual nuke potential there for the first time in months lol.
    Still a bummer that he didn't get nerfed but she addresses every major pain point Serpent has, from the power gain and the dread to the death immunity buff.
    Eakomo said:

ah yes the steady introduction of counters so we don't feel to bad about him not getting changed for the next 6 months
    Like I said, still a bummer he didn't get nerfed but it's better than nothing.

Yeah but just because they release one decent counter doesn’t mean Serpent should still exist. He’s still incredibly overtuned and when you add additional nodes on top of him, he’s still a nightmare. Plus you have to remember not everyone spends money in the game. It’ll be a while before everyone even gets a chance to have Shathra.

I agree but it doesn't seem like they're going to back down, so I'll take whatever they give us at this point.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

Yeah best counter in the game hands down, and her damage looks very good, there's actual nuke potential there for the first time in months lol.
    Still a bummer that he didn't get nerfed but she addresses every major pain point Serpent has, from the power gain and the dread to the death immunity buff.
    Nice! Only need to wait for 6 months or what haha

Nice! Only need to wait for 6 months or what haha
    Unfortunately yes, unless you spend which personally I will be doing cause I'm not waiting that long, I'm already done with all the Serpent suffering lol.
    Not surprised this is what they're doing though, milking the hell out of her.
    Squidopus said:

Yeah Serpent still should’ve been nerfed no questions asked, but let’s be real there’s no way they’re backtracking on it, not the least of which being that if they changed their mind they’d probably have to go through the effort of issuing RDTs for those who thought Serpent was now a safe rank up. As long as Serpent’s not getting nerfed though yeah let’s start getting some counters out. It’s money-grabbing but having some counters later that they should’ve been is objectively better than having none.

Yeah I really don't see them backing down after making Shathra such a solid counter. They're dead set on milking her obviously and if they nerfed Serpent then they wouldn't be able to do so, this is the best we will get for now.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    edited September 1

Squidopus said:

Yeah Serpent still should’ve been nerfed no questions asked, but let’s be real there’s no way they’re backtracking on it, not the least of which being that if they changed their mind they’d probably have to go through the effort of issuing RDTs for those who thought Serpent was now a safe rank up. As long as Serpent’s not getting nerfed though yeah let’s start getting some counters out. It’s money-grabbing but having some counters later that they should’ve been is objectively better than having none.

Yeah I really don't see them backing down after making Shathra such a solid counter. They're dead set on milking her obviously and if they nerfed Serpent then they wouldn't be able to do so, this is the best we will get for now.
    When’s her early access bundle coming out? Can we get her earlier?
    EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

When’s her early access bundle coming out? Can we get her earlier?
    She will be in the second pre-release since Nefaria goes first, so probably first few weeks next month just in time for the rich get richer meta which will probably make her crazy with all the power steal.