Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

QA

Y'all still crying about serpent lol , People don't

Other thread got closed so I couldn't post my reply lol
    There are four things that make Serpent such a menace in BGs and it's not about getting good:
    1. Draft RNG, unlike war you don't get to pick what you want to use.
    2. You need a strong enough counter otherwise you will lose no matter what you do, the pool of champs is pretty small due to this
    3. BGs metas make the pool of champs even smaller than it already is, a perfect example of this will be crit me next season where Kushala Werewolf Shathra Wiccan etc (some of his best counters) will be completely and utterly useless.
    4. Time matters in BGs, Serpent as it stands not only is a hard defender but an absolute tank, unless you get lucky with Tigra it's always a +55 sec fight.

I really don't understand how anyone could even try to refute any of this, it's not about getting good it's the fact that Serpent turns BGs into a game of "who drafts who, skill doesn't matter". That right there will be the death of BGs if that's the direction they want to take with tough defenders.

How is draft unlucky even an argument to nerf a champ , in my opinion the draft is killing BGs more than anything else , the same way you can't unlucky by not getting a counter for serpent it can happen to any other good defender

Again and I know y'all gonna cry about it, we get 2 new champs every month counters are coming

BG metas if is a meta that turns him into a buff I will definitely ban him , and y'all gonna cry about it again , cause banning a though defender is not an argument cause we never do that right

Time : serpent is not the only tank defender and there's something called strategy that you can use to win fights even when you're not finishing ur fight in 30 seconds , I won several fights against serpent with 90 plus seconds just by doing that , you're opponent can get unlucky in his draft and not get a counter to a simple defender and that can definitely cost him a round and just waste his best defender

BGs is way more that busted defenders and fast fingers , strategy and game knowledge can win more match's than a stacked deck
    It holds up as an argument because winning against serpent depends entirely on your draft. If you get one of his best counters, you have a chance. If you don’t, or get even one of his secondary counters, you’re gonna lose 9/10 times. If serpent were skill based to fight then the draft argument wouldn’t work, but because he’s not, it does.

Metas will always enhance certain champs, but serpent has so many abilities that he will be made an unfair defender far more often than any other champ in the game. We’ve already seen this play out. Any unblockable metas make him the stupidest fight in the game. Other champs with undexable specials can be evaded or missed to get around dexing, but serpent counters both. He counters everything.

Serpent is the tankiest defender in the game, and he is the only tanky defender who also has 20 abilities that make him more annoying outside of being tanky. Rank 3 sassy can be killed faster than him, and almost all of sassy’s defensive mechanics are designed to make him a time stall, not a difficult fight. Imagine if you took sassy and gave him more difficult undexable special animations, high block penetration, resistance to instant bursts, specials that apply a non damaging debuff, and very potent passive power gain. Oh right we already have that, it’s serpent.

As far as strategy, serpent actively removes that. Placing serpent is usually a brain dead win. I didn’t have to think, I didn’t have to care who they drafted, I just placed serpent and won because there was nothing they could do to beat me since I got above 49k points.
    It does to every champion bro if you don't get a penny counter you gonna lose on time ,I have an R5 ascended medusa no one think about bringing counters for her guess what they lose ,
    Bulleye no counter no win , maestro same thing , mister sinister no counter you lost , photon no counters you lost , draft system is a problem by itself is not just serpent that makes it bad
    Now I gotta say, r5 Ascended Medusa is a cool rank up, I wish she's a 7*. But in GC people aren't gonna lose to her lol. There is a huge, i mean HUGE difference between Medusa on defense, and Serpent on defense.
    Careful, he might think you agreed with him and there's no coming back after that lol.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited September 8

Stop crying about about serpent bro that's all I ask , like that's so cringe bro almost a month and you still here trying to prove ur view about a champ is better than the people who actually use their time to create the champions , like who do you are , why are I so entitled, bro giving dev calls but never did anything good with his life
    Sits on a forum crying about a champion
    But is acting like the best player in the world

Almost a month? Bro you didn’t even hit one singular button to view the first page and see that this thread was made on august 28th which is 11 days ago.
    Watch him come back and say "no, you're wrong it's been a month because I said so, stop crying and get good ree"
    I expect him to come back in 19 days and then say it’s actually been a month.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 237

QA

There are four things that make Serpent such a menace in BGs and it's not about getting good:
    2. You need a strong enough counter otherwise you will lose no matter what you do, the pool of champs is pretty small due to this
    3. BGs metas make the pool of champs even smaller than it already is, a perfect example of this will be crit me next season where Kushala Werewolf Shathra Wiccan etc (some of his best counters) will be completely and utterly useless.
    4. Time matters in BGs, Serpent as it stands not only is a hard defender but an absolute tank, unless you get lucky with Tigra it's always a +55 sec fight.

I really don't understand how anyone could even try to refute any of this, it's not about getting good it's the fact that Serpent turns BGs into a game of "who drafts who, skill doesn't matter". That right there will be the death of BGs if that's the direction they want to take with tough defenders.

How is draft unlucky even an argument to nerf a champ , in my opinion the draft is killing BGs more than anything else , the same way you can't unlucky by not getting a counter for serpent it can happen to any other good defender

Again and I know y'all gonna cry about it, we get 2 new champs every month counters are coming

BG metas if is a meta that turns him into a buff I will definitely ban him , and y'all gonna cry about it again , cause banning a though defender is not an argument cause we never do that right

Time : serpent is not the only tank defender and there's something called strategy that you can use to win fights even when you're not finishing ur fight in 30 seconds , I won several fights against serpent with 90 plus seconds just by doing that , you're opponent can get unlucky in his draft and not get a counter to a simple defender and that can definitely cost him a round and just waste his best defender

BGs is way more that busted defenders and fast fingers , strategy and game knowledge can win more match's than a stacked deck
    It holds up as an argument because winning against serpent depends entirely on your draft. If you get one of his best counters, you have a chance. If you don’t, or get even one of his secondary counters, you’re gonna lose 9/10 times. If serpent were skill based to fight then the draft argument wouldn’t work, but because he’s not, it does.

Metas will always enhance certain champs, but serpent has so many abilities that he will be made an unfair defender far more often than any other champ in the game. We’ve already seen this play out. Any unblockable metas make him the stupidest fight in the game. Other champs with undexable specials can be evaded or missed to get around dexing, but serpent counters both. He counters everything.

Serpent is the tankiest defender in the game, and he is the only tanky defender who also has 20 abilities that make him more annoying outside of being tanky. Rank 3 sassy can be killed faster than him, and almost all of sassy’s defensive mechanics are designed to make him a time stall, not a difficult fight. Imagine if you took sassy and gave him more difficult undexable special animations, high block penetration, resistance to instant bursts, specials that apply a non damaging debuff, and very potent passive power gain. Oh right we already have that, it’s serpent.

As far as strategy, serpent actively removes that. Placing serpent is usually a brain dead win. I didn’t have to think, I didn’t have to care who they drafted, I just placed serpent and won because there was nothing they could do to beat me since I got above 49k points.
    It does to every champion bro if you don't get a penny counter you gonna lose on time ,I have an R5 ascended medusa no one think about bringing counters for her guess what they lose ,
    Bulleye no counter no win , maestro same thing , mister sinister no counter you lost , photon no counters you lost , draft system is a problem by itself is not just serpent that makes it bad
    R5 ascended Medusa? Really? She’s not hard to counter. There’s a ton of staples in people’s decks that can counter her. I hardly doubt people are losing to her.
    Yup I agree but the point is if u don't have luck to get a good one you're probably gonna lose , this is about draft not saying she's the best defender , you can counter her auto block with parry heavy but that costs time , if don't pay attention you can get Auto-blocked into oblivion cause she like to throw specials after the parry , sneaky defender
    And you indirectly and unintentionally helped to prove our point. With Medusa, and basically every other defender, you can use skill or alternate strategies to take out opponents. With Medusa you can parry heavy to get around her defensive threat if you don’t have an RPG counter. Serpent negates that entirely. If I don’t draft a counter I just have to roll over and take the loss. That’s not good balance.
    Not completely true he's very fresh on the game people still finding new counters , we are just too used to have a nuke champ to everyone

QA

R5 ascended Medusa? Really? She’s not hard to counter. There’s a ton of staples in people’s decks that can counter her. I hardly doubt people are losing to her.
    Terrible fight on my side but still bro had no counter for a terrible defender and he wasted his best defender, I knew that medusa was a free win just because he got unlucky on his draft , does that makes y'all want medusa to be nerfed ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no way this guy tells me I'm a joke for posting two Serpent fights where I finished with over 95% health (one of them with a pretty bad counter) and then tries to prove a point with a Bullseye AA fight where he lost 56% health with one of the best counters in the game, this guy is the definition of a buffoon at this point.

Btw he lost to Medusa cause he sucks, Ham CAN do that fight cause unlike Serpent Medusa doesn't shut down burst damage or crits like Serpent which is what makes 90% of the champs in game virtually useless against him.
    Why u mad bro did I hurt ya ?
    Lmao you're as predictable as a five year old in a candy store at this point.

As for your previous reply that got deleted:
    Highly advice you stop assuming stuff and embarrassing yourself even more than you already have with your lack of knowledge and self-awareness, My Chavez is r2:

As for the other one, that was a r5 Adam vs a r3 Serpent.

Anyways, I'm done arguing now cause I don't want to get this thread closed. Good luck arguing with the other 8 persons on this thread at the same time, you're obviously not wrong:

They are... 😂
    Dude you’re the one who is gonna get this shut down. Chill.
    Hey bro a win is win , if ur mad is because u know ur wrong u just don't want to accept it, plus why are posting disagree numbers is that any type o accomplishment for you some random stats in a dead fórum that only has 8 people on every thread? Get a life loser

QA

Terrible fight on my side but still bro had no counter for a terrible defender and he wasted his best defender, I knew that medusa was a free win just because he got unlucky on his draft , does that makes y'all want medusa to be nerfed ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no way this guy tells me I'm a joke for posting two Serpent fights where I finished with over 95% health (one of them with a pretty bad counter) and then tries to prove a point with a Bullseye AA fight where he lost 56% health with one of the best counters in the game, this guy is the definition of a buffoon at this point.

Btw he lost to Medusa cause he sucks, Ham CAN do that fight cause unlike Serpent Medusa doesn't shut down burst damage or crits like Serpent which is what makes 90% of the champs in game virtually useless against him.

Highly advice you stop assuming stuff and embarrassing yourself even more than you already have with your lack of knowledge and self-awareness, My Chavez is r2:

Anyways, I'm done arguing now cause I don't want to get this thread closed. Good luck arguing with the other 8 persons on this thread at the same time, you're obviously not wrong:

They are... 😂
    Hey bro a win is win , if ur mad is because u know ur wrong u just don't want to accept it, plus why are posting disagree numbers is that any type o accomplishment for you some random stats in a dead fórum that only has 8 people on every thread? Get a life loser
    Wow I wasn’t even talking to you and I haven’t been rude to you at all. I’ve been respectful even though I greatly disagree with you and you start name calling. Nice.
    He shouldn’t have name called at all but I don’t think he meant it at you lol

QA

They are... 😂
    Wow I wasn’t even talking to you and I haven’t been rude to you at all. I’ve been respectful even though I greatly disagree with you and you start name calling. Nice.
    Sorry my man it wasn't for u just quoted the wrong comment

QA

They are... 😂
    Yea I know it wasn’t i just wanted to clarify for viper.

Anyway it’s now been clarified so let’s just all move on and stick to constructive logically based posts and stay away from name calling👍🏻
    And I really hope more good (or worst for a few)champions keep coming,gonna love to make that guy mad in new threads about nerfing a good champ just cause he makes the game harder 😂😂😂😂😂

QA

They are... 😂

Anyway it’s now been clarified so let’s just all move on and stick to constructive logically based posts and stay away from name calling👍🏻
    Or just ignore him lol I tried having a constructive logically based discussion with him on my first two replies and he resorted to the "git gud and stop crying" instead of addressing anything I said. Arguing with him isn't really going to get anyone anywhere, waste of time.

QA

They are... 😂

Or just ignore him lol I tried having a constructive logically based discussion with him on my first two replies and he resorted to the "git gud and stop crying" instead of addressing anything I said. Arguing with him isn't really going to get anyone anywhere, waste of time.
    After his last post I decided to stop. I cba to refute the “he makes the game harder and that’s a good thing” argument for the 11th time.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,102 ★★★★★
    I thought this thread would die

QA

They are... 😂

After his last post I decided to stop. I cba to refute the “he makes the game harder and that’s a good thing” argument for the 11th time.
    The worst part is that it's not even the fact that he makes the game harder overall cause he's not as bad in war when you have full control over your champs, it's the fact that his kit has so much stuff in it and it synergizes so well with BGs nodes that if you don't draft one of those 3-4 strong counters you're pretty much dead. It's basically a "get good luck or get wrecked" type of situation and BGs will definitely die if that's the direction they're taking with defenders from now on. It wasn't much of an issue with Bullseye and the others cause all of them have over 10 viable counters, Serpent I don't even think has 5.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

I thought this thread would die

Not until we reach 1000 posts then this thread can be put to rest.

EdisonLaw said:

Well the first image already proves it. Even though Luke is supposed to be a decent counter, he still timed out.
    Damn I didn’t even see this at first but we found it. You can even view it in his profile too. He’s the owner of a rank 3 duped serpent, hence why he defends him so religiously.

None of his arguments were for the sake of game balance, but to keep his best defender overpowered so he can rely on a free round win. Sigh
    Lmfaoo good eye both of you, we now know why he doesn't want Serpent nerfed. Just like Andrew, has nothing to do with skill but with the fact they pumped a ton of resources into him.

EdisonLaw said:

Well the first image already proves it. Even though Luke is supposed to be a decent counter, he still timed out.
    Damn I didn’t even see this at first but we found it. You can even view it in his profile too. He’s the owner of a rank 3 duped serpent, hence why he defends him so religiously.

None of his arguments were for the sake of game balance, but to keep his best defender overpowered so he can rely on a free round win. Sigh
    @MethodMan69 then there's no point arguing over this. Let's agree to disagree

QA

They are... 😂

The worst part is that it's not even the fact that he makes the game harder overall cause he's not as bad in war when you have full control over your champs, it's the fact that his kit has so much stuff in it and it synergizes so well with BGs nodes that if you don't draft one of those 3-4 strong counters you're pretty much dead. It's basically a "get good luck or get wrecked" type of situation and BGs will definitely die if that's the direction they're taking with defenders from now on. It wasn't much of an issue with Bullseye and the others cause all of them have over 10 viable counters, Serpent I don't even think has 5.
    Yep exactly, he’s just excessive in so many areas. Even if they don’t make defenders as bad as serpent if they continue in the direction of defenders who are pure rpg asks with no skill asks the game mode will die out. At least enchantress seems like a step in the right direction other then the oversight of dumb she is on heavy hitter.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 581 ★★★★
    Well the thing is, I have a R3 Serpent too and I still want him rebalanced. I only ranked him up because that’s basically a requirement at this point to be competitive. I hate how it’s not even power creep at this point anymore. It’s power leap.

Well the thing is, I have a R3 Serpent too and I still want him rebalanced. I only ranked him up because that’s basically a requirement at this point to be competitive. I hate how it’s not even power creep at this point anymore. It’s power leap.

Imagine if we get a new defender worse than Serpent, then it's only gonna get worse. I hope this doesn't happen again
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    No balance, keep him banned 24/7 and be glad there's no "ban immune" feature in BG from Kabam like there is in war. 😬
    That's be torture