An unpopular opinion

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 822 ★★★★
I like Serpent. I think his kit design is cool and I like using him both on offense and defense. I don’t like getting demolished by him when I fight him and so I understand and respect why people are upset. I agree he’s probably not a balanced defender but I really respect and enjoy all the little touches to his kit that make him such a threat . I admire him like one might admire a dangerous predator. He’s amazing to watch but you dread the idea of being attacked by him. Which is pretty lore accurate. I’m not arguing about whether or not he should be tuned down. I’m just saying I like him and wherever you land on his being balanced or not you’ve got to admit he has a really interesting kit. I just felt like it was necessary to put this perspective out there because the frustration with his balancing is putting the champ in a really negative light and some of us like him.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,112 ★★★★★
    This is how I feel
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,155 ★★★★★
    I mean I love him being a insanely overpowered defender, But he is not healthy without slight tunedowns.

Since we didn't got one, it's still not a big deal for me. I don't think serpent saying the same will make players stop spending in game or leave the game altogether, like some dramatic folks claim. It's just another L from kabam. We will survive, We survived domino, We survived pre nerf act 6. We will survive serpent too.

I hope they release atleast 6-7 counter in the next 12 months, and maybe buff a few other champs to counter him as well.
  • Buzerk1969Buzerk1969 Member Posts: 58
    Interesting as Boss in event, side quest where you can plan and bring a counter, broken in AW (where AW nodes makes him even more broken) and BG (where RNG will decide who wins, if you don't ban him).
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    edited September 1
    I really like him as a champion but I still think he’s too powerful on defense. On offense, he’s fine, he has his intended matchups and can do well in long fights, but attack is not his true focus (pun intended)