Is it worth taking toad up just for SOS?

JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 222
I have an unduped toad and an unduped Dani but after trying with both, my best run so far is with toad. I took him to r2 and it def is making a dent now but wondering if I should just take him to r3 for that fight to get the point or spend the units on the dang revives it’s gonna take me. For those who haven’t tried…I can play pretty well but it just takes forever without that extra paralytic poison damage.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,325 ★★★★★
    He’s also a great skill killer in BGs especially against Nick Fury
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 296 ★★★
    I like Toad and think he’s absolutely a solid investment for more than just this Mole man fight. That said if you’re less certain you’ll make use of Toad’s talents afterwards you’ll probably get significantly more damage out of him by using an awakening gem. Doesn’t need sig stones, just sig 1 triples his max prowess stacks and thus triples his poison passive damage. If you have awakening gems to spare I’d consider using one instead of another rank up.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,724 ★★★★★
    Toad > Dani in general

I have mine at 6* r6 and he slaps in Bgs he's also great for mutant nodes and a mutant human torch for skills

The only reason I'd be skeptical about ranking him is he might become a 7 star soon
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    You really want to get the max objective for Valiant SoS, you get a whole extra t4A so it’s no problem ranking up champs for one objective and toad is pretty good
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★
    I would rank toad as he does well on a lot of these sos fights like even for spring he was great for gwenpool so hes a great investment
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,798 ★★★★★
    Dani is just as easy for this fight.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Last spring of sorrow there was a matchup where toad was a mvp and i decided not to rank him up. Since then i have found use in toad in crucible and another summer of suffering. If i decided to rank him up i would have used him for those two other points. So it’s up to you. He may not be used always but i think you will still continue to find use in him. And who knows when he will become a 7*.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 222

You really want to get the max objective for Valiant SoS, you get a whole extra t4A so it’s no problem ranking up champs for one objective and toad is pretty good

I’m a paragon player
    BeastDad said:

Dani is just as easy for this fight.

Available as a 7 star and toad was getting more done
    Squidopus said:

I like Toad and think he’s absolutely a solid investment for more than just this Mole man fight. That said if you’re less certain you’ll make use of Toad’s talents afterwards you’ll probably get significantly more damage out of him by using an awakening gem. Doesn’t need sig stones, just sig 1 triples his max prowess stacks and thus triples his poison passive damage. If you have awakening gems to spare I’d consider using one instead of another rank up.

I don’t have the gem to spare. Didn’t think he needed the awakening
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 296 ★★★

Squidopus said:

I don’t have the gem to spare. Didn’t think he needed the awakening
    If you don’t have a gem to spare then a higher rank Toad will probably do fine. The thing with Toad’s dupe is it gives him access to up to 10 additional prowess passives (Toad can get up to 5 at base). Since Toad’s poison passives deal 100% extra damage per prowess on him and he inflicts a lot of poison passives against skills, his damage potential skyrockets against class advantage with awakening. You don’t need it for this fight but you’ll absolutely feel the difference in damage.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    I took mine up to rank 4 and he was amazingly good against that moleman. He will have his usage in AW attack and BG for sure.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★★
    edited September 2
    If i can solo moleman with just an R4 unascended toad, anyone can. Don’t need more than that (mine was awakened)

If i can solo moleman with just an R4 unascended toad, anyone can. Don’t need more than that (mine was awakened)

I have him at r2 rn
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    Not that it is particularly relevant, but he makes an amazing horseman as well in quests. The built in purify on his poisons means that even with an AI that wants to just dash back and hold block, you will be able to go unblockable after pretty much every combo so you can create openings whenever you want. He is legit one of my favorite mutants in game right now. 6R5A sig 200, and zero regrets on it.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Don’t stop at R3. He’s at least R4 worthy. Actually, if you are that strapped for resources, it seems like Toad could do you some good in BG fights as well.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★
    Just 6r3 and boost him