Who to R3 - Valiant Push

HaverTimeHaverTime Member Posts: 24
Who should I R3 here? Looking to push Valiant. Will be running Necro in the next week. Just need 5-6 more days of stacking revives up.

Juggs/DKG/Venom are R2. But I can rank anyone from R1-3 using gems. For Venom I do have the 5/6* relic but it’s not duped which is why I’m using the 4* duped relic currently.

I don’t focus anywhere particularly. I do everything BG/AW/AQ/Etc to a certain extent. If you can give a reason for your choice as well that would be great!

va

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,076 ★★★★★
    r3 that duped shocker. Thank me later
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Do you have a 6* max rank serpent? If not i would take him to r3. While he does need dupe high sig for his full capabilities in defence, i still think he can do a good job and he works great on attack too with a couple of great utility. He is basically a champ for all forms of content.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 276 ★★★
    Awakened shocker is a monster in bgs.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    edited September 4
    Venom is a great call particularly since you have the relic. Don’t think Serpent is a bad one either as others have mentioned.

The other champ I’d suggest you give a close look is Sasquatch. Not only is he a great defender with a huge health pool, but he really crushes things as an R3. Check out Trappy’s content on him from about ~5 months ago - it is what convinced me to R3 my Sasquatch.

Re: Juggs - think he is good as an R2. Mine can already take down just about everything as he is, just don’t think he needs the R3 as much as some others do.
  • Repto23Repto23 Member Posts: 786 ★★★
    Serpent
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    I strongly recommend Hulkbuster. He was my first R3, and I use him everywhere. He hits hard, amazing power control, and can finish BG fights quickly
  • HaverTimeHaverTime Member Posts: 24

How much more does he do compared to now? Not much can survive a 100 charge heavy at R1 in BG
  • HaverTimeHaverTime Member Posts: 24

Venom is a great call particularly since you have the relic. Don’t think Serpent is a bad one either as others have mentioned.

The other champ I’d suggest you give a close look is Sasquatch. Not only is he a great defender with a huge health pool, but he really crushes things as an R3. Check out Trappy’s content on him from about ~5 months ago - it is what convinced me to R3 my Sasquatch.

Re: Juggs - think he is good as an R2. Mine can already take down just about everything as he is, just don’t think he needs the R3 as much as some others do.

Isn’t the dupe particularly important for Sasquatch? Seems like it offers a ton of utility on Defense and Offense.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    HaverTime said:

Isn’t the dupe particularly important for Sasquatch? Seems like it offers a ton of utility on Defense and Offense.
    It definitely helps, but I don’t feel like it is a must have. It does make him a slightly better defender with the regen. Not as critical for offense, although obviously it helps.
  • Hulk808Hulk808 Member Posts: 84
    If you have a r3 generic i would save. Those are super rare.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,076 ★★★★★
    HaverTime said:

How much more does he do compared to now? Not much can survive a 100 charge heavy at R1 in BG
    At r3 50 charges is enough to destroy anyone. So one sp1 and sp2 with heavy kills. If you take him to high sig, his sp1 barely consumes any power. Definitely go with him if you want a nuke (He is also great against onslaught)
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★
    Hulk808 said:

If you have a r3 generic i would save. Those are super rare.

Agree with this. If you're not going to get Valiant with this rank up, and you're gonna run Necro then don't rank up. Your first Necro path will give you a gem, use that on the class then rank someone else.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    As others have said I’d save the rank up till after you complete necro and see your pulls. But I’d personally recommend Hulkbuster, he’s got monster damage and arguably the best power control in the game. My favorite R3 and I used a generic on him as well.

He’s also very helpful for some tricky necro fights but if you’re just going for completion then you probably won’t need him since he’s better on the harder half.