Can we just get 4 star crystals instead of Cavs?

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
If sidequest rewards are going to include items from Sunday arenas - can we dispose of the inevitable 3 star cav crystals? Just give us 4 star crystals so we at least get iso.

Hopefully this isn’t too big of an ask. Apparently having a paragon crystal is just too OP for side quest.

Comments

• SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    You… do know that cavalier crystals (including the event ones) have been upgraded to not include 3*s for a while now right? That’s surely something you’ve noticed if you’ve been bothering to open them at all. Replacing them with 4* crystals would be a straight downgrade.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

You… do know that cavalier crystals (including the event ones) have been upgraded to not include 3*s for a while now right? That’s surely something you’ve noticed if you’ve been bothering to open them at all. Replacing them with 4* crystals would be a straight downgrade.

Nope didn’t notice…. Last time I paid attention to cavs was my kid opening nexuses and still getting 3 stars recently. Looking over the crystals now there appears to still be some cavs where you can still get 3 stars …but others are 4 stars as you noted.

I will eat crow on this one for not following the particulars. Definitely don’t need paragon crystals then.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    I do wonder when or if they would introduced paragon crystals. The drop rate for 7* isn't crazy and it's not like a uncollected account would get access to them. As the name suggest it would be paragon+.

Could be a coding issue as they'll have to game 3 different crystals, grandmaster, cav and paragon. also would have to omit some champs as 7*

Another possible reason they don't have paragon could be due to the limited pool. Lets say one of the side quest pool has a hulk, shuri, antman and all the other champs are only 6*. If someone does get lucky on the 7*, their champ pool is reduced greatly meaning it's easier for them to acquire certain champs then going through other 7* crystal methods. Either way who knows. Maybe when they introduce a valiant difficulty level they would start rolling out those paragon crystals.