**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I open my first 5*?

Hey guys,

As the title says I am contemplating opening my first 5* crystal. My reasoning is that Sparky comes into the basic hero pool next month and I am not sure if I should wait.

I have just restarted MCOC and i only have 8 4*s with the notable heroes as Gwenpool ($1 Crystal) R1/10 waiting for skill cats, Rogue R3/30 (Undupe) Black Panther Classic R3/30 (Duped) Spiderman Classic R3/30 (Unduped).

If I open the crystal and get a mid - god tier unit it will help me progress and finish act 4 and help with Master modes of monthlys.

If you guys were in my position would you open it or save it for Sparky to be added or even blade feature in February?

Thanks for any advice that comes from this.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I would wait if that’s who you want
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I am trying to get the shards to add SA points this week. Not expecting much but welcome any pleasant surprise on opening the crystal. Still many "meh" champs to pull still. :s

If you can wait, you should since you are aiming for that champ.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    You either open it now, and say get a Gwenpool or Hyperion or someone really useful (Low Chances) that will really help you progress in the game or wait till SES gets added then open it. Again low chances to pull him. It’s all rarity based in those crystals. I opened mine yesterday to get a Gambit. Not even mad Cus most 5 stars are useful as a progressing player. Most...
  • KingDKingD Posts: 21
    You either open it now, and say get a Gwenpool or Hyperion or someone really useful (Low Chances) that will really help you progress in the game or wait till SES gets added then open it. Again low chances to pull him. It’s all rarity based in those crystals. I opened mine yesterday to get a Gambit. Not even mad Cus most 5 stars are useful as a progressing player. Most...

This is very true, I think I will open it as I have spoken to my alliance aswell. From pure progression stand point even an average hero would help soo much.
    KingD wrote: »

This is very true, I think I will open it as I have spoken to my alliance aswell. From pure progression stand point even an average hero would help soo much.

My first 5 star was a beast, and compared to other top 5 stars he’s average but when you compare him to 4 stars in general he’s really good, and has carried me through some difficult content. Most 5 stars are worth at least rank 2 also. Can’t wait to play around with my Gambit and good luck with your opening.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-14 on featured. Hate to never get one but most of the good champs are in the basic crystal now. I'm not holding anymore.
  • When you open it, please post to tell us what you got. And good luck! My first 5* was Spidergwen. So whatever you get... don't feel bad. I had worse. Lol.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I opened KK and Spider Gwen back to back.

This game is a test of resolve at times.
  • Opened my first crystal today and got nightcrawler happy though
    I wish I never opened my crystal :'(
    Luke Cage. Brb necking self
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

I’d advise waiting...
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    id wait, but you can always open now, i was one of the luckier people in my alliance and got ghost rider, i saw like 20 bad 5 stars get pulled in our alliance, but yeah, just because of that i would wait for better champs so that theres a higer chance to get a good one
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    oh you already did :(
  • Zet333Zet333 Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    Don't lose hope, Seatin also got Luke Cage as his first 5* on his free to play account and he moved past that. Not saying you are Seatin but you will have more chances to get 5* shards in the game sooner than you thought and open another crystal.
  • Zero0978Zero0978 Posts: 21
    It won't matter, 5* champs won't really help you until one of two things happens: 1. You dupe the champ (there are some exceptions, and some champs don't need to be duped to be good) and/or 2. You rank him to level 3, then 4. The problem for a new player is that to obtain the necessary t4bc and t4cc AND tier 1 alphas and tier 2 alphas to rank up a champ to rank 3 and 4 takes a ridiculous amount of time. 5* champs are pretty worthless until you've progressed to an alliance that is running 5x5 AQ to help obtain the necessary t4cc. That's just my opinion. Also, don't ever compare yourself to Seatin or any of those guys that spend ridiculous sums of money on this game.

So just open it and enjoy it for what it's worth, IF it's worth anything. LOL
    edited December 2017

I think sometimes people online, and in other venues tend to completely **** on certain champions for being absolute trash when in reality they still have some sort of a purpose. Luke Cage isn't the best but at least he's still a 5 star who's gonna help you out if you even just bring him to rank 2.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    open now
  • I would've waited. I'm waiting till Feb. for blade. See when you don't wait you wind up with Luke Cage or KK.
    I would've waited. I'm waiting till Feb. for blade. See when you don't wait you wind up with Luke Cage or KK.

Lol... Very constructive considering this is all rng. I also stated that I wasnt waiting soley for a specifi champion just used blade as an example.
    edited December 2017
    Zero0978 wrote: »
    It won't matter, 5* champs won't really help you until one of two things happens: 1. You dupe the champ (there are some exceptions, and some champs don't need to be duped to be good) and/or 2. You rank him to level 3, then 4. The problem for a new player is that to obtain the necessary t4bc and t4cc AND tier 1 alphas and tier 2 alphas to rank up a champ to rank 3 and 4 takes a ridiculous amount of time. 5* champs are pretty worthless until you've progressed to an alliance that is running 5x5 AQ to help obtain the necessary t4cc. That's just my opinion. Also, don't ever compare yourself to Seatin or any of those guys that spend ridiculous sums of money on this game.

So just open it and enjoy it for what it's worth, IF it's worth anything. LOL

Yeah just sucks wasnt a useful champion un-awakened eg Iceman, Hawkeye, GP etc etc. However I wouldve loved a good 5* to take to R2 or even 3. Ive got T4BCC and an abundance of T1As i have like 6 in overflow luckily they are still 28 or so days.

My alliance is decent so hopefully rng blesses me and gives me some more Skill T4CCs and I can 5/50 my GP and use up some of my T1As
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited December 2017

I got him too. It is not random... you have a high chance of getting one of the least used champs from your first I think (not saying always... just saying the odds are against us a bit I think).

Funny thing is hours before opening mine a few days ago I said I would get Luke Cage... sure thing I did. I think Luke Cage is like 50% for peple's first :D (well Luke or, KK, SH, ect :D )
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Open the damn crystal already... Your odds are no better in February... Your setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't know why you people do this...
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Open the damn crystal already... Your odds are no better in February... Your setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't know why you people do this...

I think he already did and got Luke Cage like me the other day. Man... having Luke Cage pop your proverbial cherry is probably as brutal in game as it would be in real life :D:D:D

Obviously didnt read the comments xD
    chev327fox wrote: »

I got him too. It is not random... you have a high chance of getting one of the least used champs from your first I think (not saying always... just saying the odds are against us a bit I think).

Funny thing is hours before opening mine a few days ago I said I would get Luke Cage... sure thing I did. I think Luke Cage is like 50% for peple's first :D (well Luke or, KK, SH, ect :D )

Hey man, yeah it is unfortunate, im contemplating taking him to Rank 2 or 4* un-awakened spidey classic to Rank 4.

I have done a fair bit of research/peoples views that for me having such a small roster atm it is more promising for me to open up my crystals 4/5 asap to build it up. Also there are pretty decent heroes in the basic pool now that dont need to be awakened to be good.