TB EQ rewards must be updated

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★
edited September 7 in General Discussion
For players striving to reach the ThroneBreaker level, the rewards from the monthly event quest are like hitting the jackpot—a huge boost to their progress. It's most of what they could hope for, with the materials and resources they need to rank up champions and strengthen their roster.

But for those who've already reached the Paragon or Valiant levels, it's a different story. The rewards are not nice to have and they don't really move the needle. We've already got stockpiles of resources, so these prizes feel nothing even close to a pocket change—useless and nothing game-changing. It's great for newer ThroneBreakers, but the seasoned pros are hardly breaking a sweat for these rewards.

The energy spent to rewards ratio is ridiculously low, and hence, I feel it is time to update said rewards.

I see two paths, summoners:

a) A new "Paragon" difficulty that actually HAS rewards worth using (T3A, T4A, T6B, T6 iso, 7* shards, 5* or 6* relic shards, T2 alloys and the likes)

b) Keep the TB difficulty, but instead of a fixed set of rewards, some fixed rewards for all progression levels, and a selector that lets you choose rewards based on your current progression level (6* shards for TB, 7* for Paragon, 7* titan for valiant).

WHAT DO YOU THINK, FORUMS?

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,287 ★★★
    This is the problem with just looking at numbers.
    You miss sooo much else.

Sure there are algorithms saying, “well, they’re still playing the content so it must still be good”.

But you miss the actual people portion of things like this.

Do devs actually talk to or work with the support team to see what’s being “complained” about and could be improved?
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Sure!!!!
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    they control the game progression and economy the way they see fit.
    yeah they would take peoples thoughts and opinions on board, but they ain't gunna solely listen to them.
    they have the direction they want the game to head and the speed they want it to get there.
    sometimes slowing it down in areas is needed.

balancing what they can do v what they want to do v what they should do v what players want is a big thing.
    the dev team that designs the actual content is likely not the same team that designs the rewards and balances the game economy.
    the people that set prices and decide when content should be released and rewards updated are likely not developers at all.
    Maat1985 said:

they control the game progression and economy the way they see fit.
    yeah they would take peoples thoughts and opinions on board, but they ain't gunna solely listen to them.
    they have the direction they want the game to head and the speed they want it to get there.
    sometimes slowing it down in areas is needed.

balancing what they can do v what they want to do v what they should do v what players want is a big thing.
    the dev team that designs the actual content is likely not the same team that designs the rewards and balances the game economy.
    the people that set prices and decide when content should be released and rewards updated are likely not developers at all.

They should probably still talk to each other.
    Would most likely help a lot.
    i am sure the teams do talk.
    they must else stuff would just not be able to happen.
    they just come to different conclusions then what a lot of people would agree with for whatever reason.
    i am sure that not everyone on those teams involved in those discussions agree with all the decisions.
    Well, then you’ve probably never worked in a kind of segregated IT environment before.

The devs don’t listen to the support folk.
    They’re probably not even in the same Country.

A manager, that barely knows the technical side but definitely knows the budgetary side, tells them what to do.
    They probably have a damn board of directors meeting coming up and need to boost numbers.
    It is end of Q3 coming up.
    edited September 7
    yes not every single dev is involved in every single discussion with every single support or marketing team member.
    but.
    each team has its managers and people in charges and at at the very least those managers talk and have meetings.
    and its 2024 who cares who is in what country. it makes no difference if people are in the same room or the other side of the world. communication can happen just fine.

but at the end of the day a team has to make the decisions.
    and others do the work.
    what makes you think the code writing developers would make better choices than those that actually study the player engagement, player feedback, monetary values etc.....
    Maat1985 said:

yes not every single dev is involved in every single discussion with every single support or marketing team member.
    but.
    each team has its managers and people in charges and at at the very least those managers talk and have meetings.
    and its 2024 who cares who is in what country. it makes no difference if people are in the same room or the other side of the world. communication can happen just fine.

and others do the work.
    what makes you think the code writing developers would make better choices than those that actually study the player engagement, player feedback, monetary values etc.....

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/naive#
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,921 ★★★★★
    We need paragon eq and valiant gauntlet
    Where’s the fight?
    I don’t care enough to fight with you.
    I do get bored every once in a while though.

Wait, can you show me this part:

“heck you have even been called out for it before by kabam team here and still don't get it.”
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 410 ★★

We need paragon eq and valiant gauntlet

and there we have option number 3
    I do have to apologize to @Archit_1812
    I got carried away and didn’t mean to derail your thread.

Legit issue and 2 very good alternatives to the current set up.
    smdam38 said:

I do have to apologize to @Archit_1812
    I got carried away and didn’t mean to derail your thread.

Legit issue and 2 very good alternatives to the current set up.

None needed. This is an open forum, and all opinions are welcome, so long as they aren't derogatory.
    Maat1985 said:

this was on one of your post right before they closed it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367008/herc-brokenness#latest

there is the link to the thread incase you need reminding which one.

also, just remember, just because people do not agree does not mean they did not communicate.
    "DO THIS"
    "ARE YOU SURE I THINK WE SHOULD DO THIS INSTEAD"
    "NAH DO IT THE WAY I SAID"
    "BUT WE SHOULD DO IT THE WAY I SAID BECAUSE OF XXX"
    "DON'T CARE, DO IT HOW I SAID"
    "FINE"
    that could well be how the two teams communicate. it may not get a result you like but hey its still communication.....

I wish we could have ‘beef’ threads where we could just argue.

I actually stand behind the thread you’re referring to.

On topic.

I would say t4a is a little much but probably depends how much, as it seems more prevalent now.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    edited September 7
    Update Paragon gauntlet, add Valiant difficulty. Less work for Kabam, therefore there's an outside possibility of a chance that they might consider taking some time to think about whether or not they would entertain the idea of potentially taking a minute to update some out of date content.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,780 ★★★★★
    Hopefully this happens since they said they want to work on eq and sq again so maybe an update at start of next year
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 988 ★★★★
    Yeah those TB EQ rewards are just sooo OUTDATED. lol. T2A and 6* shards??? who needs those nowadays. Anyhow it would be of their best interest just to scratch out the whole EQ idea and just keep the Paragon Gauntlet and make it more beefy in terms of current meta rewards and add in a few more opponents with larger health pool and attack rating and maybe some nodes.

Since 2 months ago, i had stopped exploring the TB EQ, cause the time invested exploring it even accounting for the Paragon Gauntlet rewards are just not worth it.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Maat1985 said:

but.

and others do the work.

Fun fact: instead of speaking in nebulous generalities, get your facts.

Here's the latest Kabam org chart:

https://theorg.com/org/kabam

It's recent enough to have Jackson (Jax) and a number of others removed, there's still a few glaring heads still listed, and funnily enough our fav, Crashed, is listed as Lead Game Economist, where he'll be the first to tell you he does a lot more cross-departmental stuff. And why are so many others like him forced into cross-covering tasks, roles and responsibilities? Cause they're so big they work in silos on different wings of the campus? No wait, that's GOOGLE.

Which is to say, these are humans with names everyone here always denigrates with wanton abandon, who are doing the best given the structure and policy and budgets handed out by folks at the top of that chart and above. They're doing their job, they take it personal when stuff out of their control obscures their hard work, and at some point they'll move on with their careers and lives. Feel free to reach out and share your thoughts directly to them through your LinkedIn profile like a civilized person.

As for TB EQ rewards, I'll agree with choice A.

smdam38 said:

Maat1985 said:

but.

and others do the work.

It's recent enough to have Jackson (Jax) and a number of others removed, there's still a few glaring heads still listed, and funnily enough our fav, Crashed, is listed as Lead Game Economist, where he'll be the first to tell you he does a lot more cross-departmental stuff. And why are so many others like him forced into cross-covering tasks, roles and responsibilities? Cause they're so big they work in silos on different wings of the campus? No wait, that's GOOGLE.

Which is to say, these are humans with names everyone here always denigrates with wanton abandon, who are doing the best given the structure and policy and budgets handed out by folks at the top of that chart and above. They're doing their job, they take it personal when stuff out of their control obscures their hard work, and at some point they'll move on with their careers and lives. Feel free to reach out and share your thoughts directly to them through your LinkedIn profile like a civilized person.

great choice!

smdam38 said:

Maat1985 said:

but.

and others do the work.

so, the lead game economist, is also clearly active on the customer relations front, posting stuff in forums all the time and as his replies here often show, takes suggestions and feedback to the game team all the time.
    so unless one wants to personally call him a liar there is clear evidence of inter team communication.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    With everything in game and 9.1 coming up it haven't been the least bit tempting to even look at eq. So yeah they need a buff.

Kabam usually just buff it up to a decent amount and then just let it be like that for way too long so they always get outdated way too quick

With everything in game and 9.1 coming up it haven't been the least bit tempting to even look at eq. So yeah they need a buff.

Kabam usually just buff it up to a decent amount and then just let it be like that for way too long so they always get outdated way too quick

Yeah, but realizing that progression level also counts has to be normalized. It's on of the main things Kabam has in the game: story mode. It should be obvious enough, even when they first released the valiant title, that TB type rewards, with a max of x3000 6* shards doesn't even make a dent to these players, what with 7* rank 4s being the next big thing. I've seen players store upto millions of shards to splurge just to find one champion. So, no. Progression handling should've been one the main focuses of Kabam when they released Valiant.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Member Posts: 879 ★★★★

Yeah, but realizing that progression level also counts has to be normalized. It's on of the main things Kabam has in the game: story mode. It should be obvious enough, even when they first released the valiant title, that TB type rewards, with a max of x3000 6* shards doesn't even make a dent to these players, what with 7* rank 4s being the next big thing. I've seen players store upto millions of shards to splurge just to find one champion. So, no. Progression handling should've been one the main focuses of Kabam when they released Valiant.

When has that ever been the case with any new progression title release?
    Shamir51 said:

Exaclty my point.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,780 ★★★★★

Shamir51 said:

Exaclty my point.
    They only make new eq difficulties when they can add more like all u will see in paragon eq will be what u see in paragauntlet and in paragauntlet u will probs only get 10% t6cc because theres a thing of how much is allowed to be given in eq, like for the longest time master would take u a full year before u got enough t2a, just because u think it should be better is not what the lead economist will think as they want the game to continue if they give out most expensive stuff day 1 due to a title update it wouldnt happen at all even if we get another new title we wont see t7b in eq until the next title and so on as thats how its always been the top item will never be given out so quickly except for high end players in war