What's your most regretted rank up?

Comments

• Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★

Cheelith to rank 3 over korg and attuma

Are u kidding? Or perhaps u aren't on path 9 war season. Even outside, that chick is hella good
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Surprised no one said Maestro. With all the options there are , he needed r3 to limit the available counters. But with Shathra entering the contest , and with all the complaints on Serpent, they are going to either 1) release more mystic champs 2) buff existing mystics to handle Serpent, which will in turn increase the Maestro counters ultimately making him the cosmic Peni Parker.
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Member Posts: 314
    Most regretted: r4 6* Galan - never use him for anything.

Least regretted: r3 7* XB. Got a skill rankup gem from Act 8 and he was my least bad skill at the time. Turns out he shreds, has a sweet HM synergy, and does -100% defensive AA at 4-5 furies.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    Scorp
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

Most regretted: r4 6* Galan - never use him for anything.

Least regretted: r3 7* XB. Got a skill rankup gem from Act 8 and he was my least bad skill at the time. Turns out he shreds, has a sweet HM synergy, and does -100% defensive AA at 4-5 furies.

I love galan so much. Fair enough tho
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    It’s only 7 R2 so not that big of a regret, but Wong. Saw he was useful in Necropolis, so took him up despite the fact that
    A. Aegon exists
    B. I hate playing with him.

So he’s the only ranked 7* on my roster with legitimately no purpose
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,968 ★★★★★
    edited September 9

BigBlueOx said:

Haven’t had big regrets lately…. Do remember taking up Valkyrie to R4 and sinking in sig stones to max her out when all that stuff was rare to me. Was fun for a bit until the AI changed and the some of the later nodes went against her. In hindsight, I didn’t get out of that rank up what I put in value wise at the time.

Spot is a close second

Valk used to be the next coming of quake it’s crazy how bad the AI has hurt her. With the reparry anything risk now she’s basically been nerfed into the ground
    I never get parried using Valk. Ai only parries double medium champs like werewolf and domino. And even if I did get parried valk is stun immune so it literally doesn’t matter.
    It's not just double medium champs. Lost count of the times it's happened to Hulkling.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,081 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

It’s only 7 R2 so not that big of a regret, but Wong. Saw he was useful in Necropolis, so took him up despite the fact that
    A. Aegon exists

BGs defense?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    100% Sam Wilson.

Utility 8/10
    Damage 2/10

Even at max Sig with CapIW synergy, his damage still barely reaches 'middling'.

Given that the main utility I wanted him for was as a Miss counter, and parrying projectiles, I don't think I've used him once since pulling Photon 🤷‍♂️
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Haven’t had big regrets lately…. Do remember taking up Valkyrie to R4 and sinking in sig stones to max her out when all that stuff was rare to me. Was fun for a bit until the AI changed and the some of the later nodes went against her. In hindsight, I didn’t get out of that rank up what I put in value wise at the time.

Spot is a close second

Valk used to be the next coming of quake it’s crazy how bad the AI has hurt her. With the reparry anything risk now she’s basically been nerfed into the ground
    I never get parried using Valk. Ai only parries double medium champs like werewolf and domino. And even if I did get parried valk is stun immune so it literally doesn’t matter.
    It's not just double medium champs. Lost count of the times it's happened to Hulkling.

You’re just not tapping fast enough. I’ve never gotten parried with hulkling either
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Spot is a close second

You’re just not tapping fast enough. I’ve never gotten parried with hulkling either
    Nah last couple of days, its not parries, but the ai is blocking somehow before my second medium sometimes, and I know I have the timing down
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★

R3 Shuri.

How do 21 people disagree with an opinion? Wow.

R3 Shuri.

How do 21 people disagree with an opinion? Wow.
    Because they think r3 Shuri is an excellent champion
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    Probably R3 Killmonger. Did it for AW defense, then dropped down in AW. I like the character, but wish he was just a bit better. Still has his uses though.

Love my R3 Guardian, so surprised he shows up in this thread. Then again, its great that we all have different opinions or the game would be boring. I also have an R3 DKG and R3 Deathless Guilly on my second account, love them both.
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Etm34 said:

A. Aegon exists

BGs defense?
    Honestly haven’t really tried him there. The Wong’s I’ve faced get annihilated quickly by Shang, Hulk, etc that it’s swayed me against it
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 248 ★★
    Probably Shang Chi. He's a great champion but he usually ends up just being used very rarely by me. If I need crits, I bring my rank 3 Bullseye and I usually go with an immunity champ like Hulk or a robot rather than dealing with his purify mechanic on debuff fights.
  • LBN1LBN1 Member Posts: 192 ★★
    War machine as one of my first 6 star rank 3's. Not much use and he'll sit at that rank.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    Mantis 7*, I ranked her for AW but she is not able to take Photon down on that huge regen node. It’s a pain and I am sad that I used catalyst on her
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    6* Cassie to r5. Current ai terrible for her play style.
    edited September 10

100% Sam Wilson.

Utility 8/10
    Damage 2/10

Even at max Sig with CapIW synergy, his damage still barely reaches 'middling'.

Given that the main utility I wanted him for was as a Miss counter, and parrying projectiles, I don't think I've used him once since pulling Photon 🤷‍♂️

Agree that Photon is better but Sam’s utility is still underrated, that bulwark reduces the opponent’s offensive AA by 100%, similar to Proxima’s ability
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    I’d say a rank up regret probably was apoc only because i rarely even use him anywhere since i took him to R4, weird right? But i have so many mutants at this point that i find more fun like jubilee or northstar or onslaught, if i had a rank down ticket, i’d trade a R4 apoc for a R4 AA
    Thecurler said:

6* Cassie to r5. Current ai terrible for her play style.

Yeah, rather use Ant Man

I’d say a rank up regret probably was apoc only because i rarely even use him anywhere since i took him to R4, weird right? But i have so many mutants at this point that i find more fun like jubilee or northstar or onslaught, if i had a rank down ticket, i’d trade a R4 apoc for a R4 AA

I love jubilee!!! I'm thinking of ranking her soon
    edited September 11

I love jubilee!!! I'm thinking of ranking her soon
    I think she'll become more popular if she's a 7*

@ahmynuts
    edited September 11
    OMG KT1 MADE A VID INSPIRED BY THIS POST
  • DaWae316DaWae316 Member Posts: 4
    For me it was R3 Guardian, he really wants that max sig for utility. Without it he is a basic champion and honestly really boring to play.

DaWae316 said:

For me it was R3 Guardian, he really wants that max sig for utility. Without it he is a basic champion and honestly really boring to play.

He's still a monster unawakened. He's my next r3 and he's only sig 30