Patriots awakening ability should be apart of his base kit

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
Edit: This is simply just an opinion & ideas I have, to do with something in the game. It’s not crossing any lines and I am not insulting anyone. There’s no reason to take it down just because it’s not exactly on the positive side.

There's no logical reason why Patriots one, niche purpose & piece of utility in the game (being a Photon counter), can't even be accessed without duping him. His awakening ability should be in his base kit. It's the only thing he's made for and it's the only thing he was marketed as... yet it's not accessible when you first get the champion. This means that an unduped Patriot can't even do the ONE thing he was created to do... making him absolutely pointless, not only to pull, but as a champion in general. It just makes perfect sense for his awakening ability to be in his base
kit so that he has SOMETHING to make sense of his existence as an unawakened champion. His purpose should be essential to his character from the get-go. His awakening could simply allow him to inflict a slow debuff on the final hit of his SP1 or something. Something this simple would add a lot to his extremely lacking utility, and give players a reason to use him, outside of countering 1 specific champion out of 200+. Maybe allow him to lower ability accuracy in his awakened ability. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to literally create a whole new champion, to only counter 1 specific champ out of 200+ and have literally NOTHING else to him... and if this isn't extremely niche and useless enough.... he can't even counter this 1 champion until you get him TWICE. Which especially for a 7* version, is extremely hard & rare to do. Mantis and Crossbones can counter Photon and MANY other champions from all different classes because they're useful and have a place in the game. Patriot is literally useless and waste of time. There's no reason to use him.
Countering Photon should be a cool highlight of his utility... Not the entirety of it. I'm gonna say it again because it's laughable... he was created to be useful for ONE of over TWO HUNDRED champions in the game. No wonder he's forgotten and disregarded before he's even fully available. Ill This new formula to create an OP defender, & then creating a champion to counter this single OP defender is boring and already stale.

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★
    Wolf911 said:

PT_99 said:

Let him go, he's simply a mid dud who fell flat in stacked science class,
    Count nefa is actual hero,
    Patriot is more of, side kicks side kick

he's so mid that you forgot he's a skill champ 😔
    That's crazy 💀😭
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 10
    @captain_rogers You can’t be serious with that last reply 🤣 & is Serpent a DLL champ fr?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

@captain_rogers You can’t be serious with that last reply 🤣 & is Serpent a DLL champ fr?

Yeah he is. Abs, Kate, Photon, Kushala, Serpent, and Patriot are DLL made. He’s also confirmed that he’s making a few more this year including deathless she-hulk
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Yes and so is Patriot.
    Yes I agree, such an important ability in his kit should obviously be in his base kit. Plus he needs more usage other than countering Cookton
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 76
    Emilia90 said:

Yeah he is. Abs, Kate, Photon, Kushala, Serpent, and Patriot are DLL made. He’s also confirmed that he’s making a few more this year including deathless she-hulk
    hopefully deathless she-hulk won't be the same as the previous deathless champs being a copy and paste of the original kit that they want to use, and something different that should make them actually special and useful
    @EdisonLaw Well I didn’t know Serpent was a DLL champ… thanks for the info. I knew Patriot was, but honestly now I see why people are starting to get frustrated with his champion designs. Always turning off masteries. Now creating broken, OP & annoying defenders like Serpent. Then continuing to create a useless attacker with no reason to exist other than to counter Photon, a champion he created that turns off masteries & is OP & broken in the first place… it’s getting silly tbh. He’s created some absolutely great & fun champions in the past though.
    @Emilia90 Yeah, I know all the champs he created other than Serpent so for letting me know. He’s created some create champs in the past but he’s been going way too far recently… in different ways too. His most recent champs are either ridiculously OP and miserable to play against, or absolutely useless and wayyyy too niche.
    @Wolf911 Lmao…. that literally proves my point haha. I literally said he’s already forgotten and that dude you replied to didn’t even remember which class Patriot belongs to 🤣🤣💀
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 76
    EdisonLaw said:

Eakomo said:

Emilia90 said:

hopefully deathless she-hulk won't be the same as the previous deathless champs being a copy and paste of the original kit that they want to use, and something different that should make them actually special and useful
    Since she’s gonna be a DLL champ, she is probably gonna turn off dexterity and willpower lol
    plus a bg ramp ability that helps get to peak damage by 10% as is necessary
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 401 ★★★
    They should actually give him some utility in his base kit

like AAR or evade & unstoppable counter

just let him apply a slow passive on sp1 which will last long enough for us to get to sp2 & back to sp1 and is paused during opponent's specials
    Wolf911 said:

They should actually give him some utility in his base kit

like AAR or evade & unstoppable counter

just let him apply a slow passive on sp1 which will last long enough for us to get to sp2 & back to sp1 and is paused during opponent's specials

Or the reversal should grant him true accuracy when activating it
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Patriot, the champion the contest forgot.

He’s so mid nobody even got mad about him.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 318 ★★★

@EdisonLaw Well I didn’t know Serpent was a DLL champ… thanks for the info. I knew Patriot was, but honestly now I see why people are starting to get frustrated with his champion designs. Always turning off masteries. Now creating broken, OP & annoying defenders like Serpent. Then continuing to create a useless attacker with no reason to exist other than to counter Photon, a champion he created that turns off masteries & is OP & broken in the first place… it’s getting silly tbh. He’s created some absolutely great & fun champions in the past though.

Outside of people hating serpent as a defender and apparently patriot all the other DLL champs are widely loved. The small lineup of champs attributed to him are among the best most popular champs in the game.

Outside of people hating serpent as a defender and apparently patriot all the other DLL champs are widely loved. The small lineup of champs attributed to him are among the best most popular champs in the game.
    Yes, Kate Bishop, Photon, Abs Man, Kushala are among the best of their classes

He's like idoom
    @KingInBlack I know bro, I basically said that.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

He's like idoom
    Idoom has his uses, at least when he isn't actively bugged. He is great against Havok and Bishop, and the ability to completely lock out special attacks isn't nothing either. Would be nice if his damage was a bit better though.
    Ortoun said:

EdisonLaw said:

He's like idoom
    Idoom has his uses, at least when he isn't actively bugged. He is great against Havok and Bishop, and the ability to completely lock out special attacks isn't nothing either. Would be nice if his damage was a bit better though.
    Yeah he does have his uses and is good, but he is very much like Patriot and that he was designed to counter a specific group of champions. Even Negasonic, who was designed to counter Bullseye can counter other champions as well/
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Ortoun said:

EdisonLaw said:

He's like idoom
    Yeah he does have his uses and is good, but he is very much like Patriot and that he was designed to counter a specific group of champions. Even Negasonic, who was designed to counter Bullseye can counter other champions as well/
    He doesn't do too poorly against non mutants, shock and power burn aren't super commonly resisted, but I see your point. He is a little too niche for his own good.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    Has Patriot passed the balance threshold time? I have a 7* I've never used haha.

Has Patriot passed the balance threshold time? I have a 7* I've never used haha.

Not till the end of the year. Last month's balancing was Serpent and Destroyer which were March champs. This month should be April champs (SPunk and Prowler), October should be May champs (Silver Sable and NSTW), November should be June champs (Arcade and Northstar) and finally December should be July champs (Patriot and Leader)
    I know this is day later but…. PATRIOT SHOULD HAVE GUARANTEED CRITS ON HIS SP2! when he doesn’t crit (as a 7* rank 2) his SP2 does 5k damage for each non-critical hit. That’s his MAIN SOURCE OF DAMAGE. Jheeze man….. what happened with this champion…

I know this is day later but…. PATRIOT SHOULD HAVE GUARANTEED CRITS ON HIS SP2! when he doesn’t crit (as a 7* rank 2) his SP2 does 5k damage for each non-critical hit. That’s his MAIN SOURCE OF DAMAGE. Jheeze man….. what happened with this champion…

And yet he’s tagged as offensive: damage over time