Best Counter for Serpent?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    Chavez

Did nobody watch the deep dive? 💀

We have but she isn’t out yet, so we have minimal gameplay of her against Serpent
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    EdisonLaw said:

Chavez is the only one here that can reverse his power gain.

Besides him, has anyone tried Sorcerer Supreme? She has regen on block and has a reliable nullify

Soc supreme is an extremely good serpent counter, I used her in war during x magica meta
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Shathra
    EdisonLaw said:

We have but she isn’t out yet, so we have minimal gameplay of her against Serpent
    Can you stop repeating what others just said? I literally just replied to that lmao
    Chavez

EdisonLaw said:

Can you stop repeating what others just said? I literally just replied to that lmao
    Well sure but once we get her we will have more gameplay.

Also where is Count Nefaria on the poll?
    Chavez
    Emilia90 said:

Everyone disagreeing with the spidey shout lmao. I can’t think of a single other r5A who can take serpent in 55-61 seconds other than Tigra with good rng

Now only if my boy Dr Doom was a 7*, he would be one of the best counters
    Shathra
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well sure but once we get her we will have more gameplay.

Also where is Count Nefaria on the poll?
    Yes but if you read her abilities you don't really need to see any gameplay to know.
    1. The atrophy will make the power gain buffs and death immunity buff barely last 2.5-3 seconds instead of 8.
    2. She has nullify in case you want to delete one of his power gain buffs and don't feel like waiting 3 seconds.
    3. She has power steal in case it starts to get out of control.
    4. Her main source of damage is dot.
    5. She can spam specials back to back which means more knockdowns against the wall = remove charges = no pierce.
    6. She applies a ton of vulnerabilities which will further amplify her damage.
    You don't need to see some gameplay to know all of this, the only thing we need to see is the damage but in terms of addressing Serpent's main sources of bs, she already won.
    Shathra
    Emilia90 said:

Everyone disagreeing with the spidey shout lmao. I can’t think of a single other r5A who can take serpent in 55-61 seconds other than Tigra with good rng

If you say anything other than the obvious ones everyone uses (in this case Chavez and Kushala) that's what happens, people on the forums have always been like this lmao.
    Remember when I said a 7* Red Guardian would be dogging on Hulk and Titania if he was released, and got like 14 disagrees for it? 💀
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

What's Dr Doom plan? Just heavy him into usual sp3 cycle?
    Chavez
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I just realized lol, duped Serpent is stun immune on special attacks, so the usual cycle won’t work. But he isn’t immune to power steal
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,823 ★★★★★
    edited September 11
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

No, like Edison says, if he's Awakened he's stun immune on specials; so you can't automatically lay into him after an SP3. You need to be more careful, and make sure the SP3 won't push him to his own SP3, as if it does, you're in trouble.

But just slow-play it with plenty of Heavy attacks, watch out for the first hit of Unblockable Specials, and Doom will get through him fairly safely. He's just too slow to be a particularly useful option in Battlegrounds; unless of course, you've placed your own Serpent on defense. In which case, he might get it done faster than whoever they use.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

No one mentioning my goat spidey supreme so I’ll throw his name here. Serpent gains no power against him and Spidey steals all the power that he gains. Death immunity phase is a joke because you rapidly gain power while serpent gains nothing from it. Good enough damage to burst him down faster than most 7* r3’s

You gotta love when people catch disagrees for posting facts.

What level is your Spidey, OP?

PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

No, like Edison says, if he's Awakened he's stun immune on specials; so you can't automatically lay into him after an SP3. You need to be more careful, and make sure the SP3 won't push him to his own SP3, as if it does, you're in trouble.

But just slow-play it with plenty of Heavy attacks, watch out for the first hit of Unblockable Specials, and Doom will get through him fairly safely. He's just too slow to be a particularly useful option in Battlegrounds; unless of course, you've placed your own Serpent on defense. In which case, he might get it done faster than whoever they use.
    Ofc he's also DOOM IMMUNE,
    Yikes Kabam.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    I ban Chavez and kushala everytime I can lol
    Chavez

Interesting opinion I've never really tried out: a slow but sure counter could be Mr. F. Sure he has a massive ramp up process, but the debuffs from his pre-fight might just be the integral debuffs needed to counter death immunity. Wither can reduce the annoying Power Gain. Taunt and Staggered from sp1. In the current meta, he has nullify immunity, so he can get Furies quite easily. Noting the fact that the weakness from the pre-fight could immensely reduce block damage, and passive sp1 weakness could really hamper said damage further. Evading at the right time could avoid damage altogether.

To summarize, we got power control, special attack potency reduces, combat power rate reduces, death immunity counter, Science tag (for current meta), attack increase when passive special suppression is on, taunt and staggered on sp1, damage through sp2 and 3.

If someone gets the opportunity, do try it out.

His power rate can only be lowered to 50% unless it's from a mystic
    Chavez
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Ofc he's also DOOM IMMUNE,
    Yikes Kabam.
    The power gain boosts doom remember that too.

Doom won't lose a single health and heal via the fear debuffs. The stun immunity doesn't hurt him much. In bgs, he can't kill but can live at 100% health so like magrailothos said, doom is a good counter if you both placed serpent in a round.
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 157 ★★
    White tiger
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,340 ★★★★★

Chavez is better since kush can do nothing except wait out the death immunity

Doesnt chavez have to wait it out too? Or you referring to her gettingpassive power to spam specials
    Chavez
    Polygon said:

Chavez is better since kush can do nothing except wait out the death immunity

Doesnt chavez have to wait it out too? Or you referring to her gettingpassive power to spam specials
    Chavez reverses his power gain during death immunity. Kush still has to dance around to not get hit by his sp3.
  • DuboisDubois Member Posts: 126
    Torch is an underrated counter
    Shathra
    Dubois said:

Torch is an underrated counter

Torch is a terrible counter, he only works this season cause of the meta supercharging him otherwise he would timeout (if the block damage doesn't kill him first).
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Interesting opinion I've never really tried out: a slow but sure counter could be Mr. F. Sure he has a massive ramp up process, but the debuffs from his pre-fight might just be the integral debuffs needed to counter death immunity. Wither can reduce the annoying Power Gain. Taunt and Staggered from sp1. In the current meta, he has nullify immunity, so he can get Furies quite easily. Noting the fact that the weakness from the pre-fight could immensely reduce block damage, and passive sp1 weakness could really hamper said damage further. Evading at the right time could avoid damage altogether.

To summarize, we got power control, special attack potency reduces, combat power rate reduces, death immunity counter, Science tag (for current meta), attack increase when passive special suppression is on, taunt and staggered on sp1, damage through sp2 and 3.

Otherwise can he work?
    Chavez
    Rintrah could cheese Serpent outside bgs
    Chavez

EdisonLaw said:

Otherwise can he work?
    He can work but his usual rotation requires two sp2s and a sp3
    Instant ban 🔨
    I don't even look for enemy's deck before banning Serpant.

I'm fully aware she's not even out yet but hear me out, she has dot and it looked pretty damn good on the deep dive. I'm fully aware Kushala has dot too but here's the thing, she still has to wait out the death immunity buff fully, with Shathra it won't even last 3 seconds even if it's a sig 200 Serpent so for that reason alone I'm gonna say Shathra.

Yeah I expected more votes for her, probably because she's not out yet and people didnt see the deep dive or something.

Fun fact, I actually have not yet taken my Chavez to rank 3. I was going to but when I saw her deep dive , I decided to wait since im already hoarding all my titans anyway.

It would be kind of pointless to have both of them at r3 this early in the game when I could r3 another class, since Chavez is mainly being used for Serpent/Maestro which Shathra seems to do better on paper
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★

White Tiger all the way. I found her so much easier to use and she also heals herself. I rarely lose with her.

@Bayle The Dread is your White Tiger duped? I just pulled her last night and was likely going to rank her because she is one of the better attackers this year, but curious as to whether her sig ability is key to her being a good Serpent counter.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,675 ★★★★
    Kushala
    I'm see that 7summoners vote for a champ that isn't out yet. Good to see that they have a very high expectations of Shathra and with Expectations comes immense disappointment. Also I'm surprise Symbiote Supreme isn't on ths list. He's my go to Serpent counter in BG and War. Once you reach a sp3 with Symbiote Supreme (very easy to get to a sp3), it's game over for Serpent (crazy power gain, spam sp2).

White Tiger all the way. I found her so much easier to use and she also heals herself. I rarely lose with her.

@Bayle The Dread is your White Tiger duped? I just pulled her last night and was likely going to rank her because she is one of the better attackers this year, but curious as to whether her sig ability is key to her being a good Serpent counter.
    I just duped my Wiger, might look into her. I know she does Sassy pretty well too