Kabam is one of the most greedy dev studios that I have ever seen, to the point it hurt the game

FlavyjayFlavyjay Member Posts: 29
edited September 13 in General Discussion
I left MCOC due to it's difficulty for 3 or 2+ years, and I came back for it's 10 years anniversary after 2 weeks of constant play and upkeep I can safely say Kabam is Too greedy, and this is coming from someone who plays tons of gacha games and I don't actually condem spending money on a f2p game but kabam is actually very stupid, and it all boils down to it's progression.
Basically you need units to progress the main story, because you have to buy revives that cost units combine that with the fact that when ever there's a reward it's tied to your progression and you can't progress without unit don't even get me started on PVP. Some nodes require specific champions, some champions require specific counters, that in it's self locks you out of the quest, so you'll have to cheese but this game being 2 dimensional makes cheesing near impossible, I mean there's a node where the enemies will not throw their specials till it's on the Sp3 even taunting them doesn't work.
During my 3 year break other games I played had their fair share of difficulties but there was always a way out, but MCOC locks you on a specific quest, making it impossible to do other quest while you're locked on one, the 20% revives aren't actually available to buy because they know it will be dirt cheap and people will use it to cheese and there's no guarantees for champions when you do spend money to get them, making those crystals worthless.
Solutions:
Revives should cost gold.
There should be a guarantee system on featured crystals.
There should be a restart button for fight, and an undo button for quests.
Allow players to take multiple quest even if we have to use other champions other than the one's that are being used on previous quest.
And nerf that Serpent b**tard

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Bro literally said all of that for it to boil down to skill issues.

Also kabam is one of the most generous companies when it comes to giving out their premium currency for free in their gacha game. The amount of units you can get for free at any time is absolutely ridiculous and you'll never see that in another game

Yeah in the span of like month I went from 0 units (after necropolis completion) to 6k units without spending a single cent. Granted some of it was non-regular (from the reunion event and other events that don’t repeat) but still, that’s like what, 110 US dollars worth of premium currency?
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 248 ★★

ahmynuts said:

Also kabam is one of the most generous companies when it comes to giving out their premium currency for free in their gacha game. The amount of units you can get for free at any time is absolutely ridiculous and you'll never see that in another game

Yeah in the span of like month I went from 0 units (after necropolis completion) to 6k units without spending a single cent. Granted some of it was non-regular (from the reunion event and other events that don’t repeat) but still, that’s like what, 110 US dollars worth of premium currency?
    Around $200 actually. A good rule of thumb is every $100 is 3000 units.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

6k is a bit under $200 maybe like $170-180 if you use the market. I don't know the exact number
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    I thought and Odin was 5k units for some reason. I stand corrected, 200 dollars worth of units
  • FunkFunk Member Posts: 85
    edited September 13
    Do you need a tissue?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

True, I've played codm and the premium currency there (CP) Is unattainable without spending
  • DharakDharak Member Posts: 16
    If you already quit then don't start bragging about quitting again & how difficult it is just what are you an attention seeker or something?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Can't imagine being this bad, get good, story progression is not hard at all and you don't need units. Even 9.1 wasn't hard just tedious.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    edited September 13
    Bendy said:

Then u havent seen marvel strike force then

Marvel Future revolution was more like that. Had such potential but it was so pay to win, they put out massive cash offers literal weeks before the game shut down knowing it would shut down. I loved that game too many.

Strike force may be heavily money oriented but nowhere close to marvel FR in cash grabiness.

As for this game, it's got big benefits to paying players but I literally have a free to play alt that is valiant with 3 r3s and soon to be a 4th and i don't even play it that much. We get way more free stuff than other games similar.
  • DharakDharak Member Posts: 16
    Flavyjay said:

You quit due to its difficulty, you came back and found it difficult again...So you are quitting again?

No I'm not
    Yes you are.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,289 ★★★★★
    edited September 13
    Flavyjay said:

You quit due to its difficulty, you came back and found it difficult again...So you are quitting again?

No I'm not
    So you will continue playing the game by the greediest gaming company you ever met? Doesn't sound healthy man...
    I read on another post you spent like 1k units on the Sentinel boss in act 6... You are not gonna be happy about GM.. quit.. save yourself..

• FlavyjayFlavyjay Member Posts: 29

Flavyjay said:

No I'm not
    So you will continue playing the game by the greediest gaming company you ever met? Doesn't sound healthy man...
    I read on another post you spent like 1k units on the Sentinel boss in act 6... You are not gonna be happy about GM.. quit.. save yourself..
    😒
    After reading through all your replies may be I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but the game could still be better especially in regards to revives and restarting fights.

Flavyjay said:

After reading through all your replies may be I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but the game could still be better especially in regards to revives and restarting fights.

It has been the same way for 10 years, how many mobile games do you know that survived that long?
    That's because the core gameplay is good
    And that's the reason I came back

Can't imagine being this bad, get good, story progression is not hard at all and you don't need units. Even 9.1 wasn't hard just tedious.

Thanks I guess 😅
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    No offence, but you sound like you got drowned in instant gratification with some games giving you exactly what you want with no effort to the point that a bit of hard work makes you feel like your climbing.

Earlier acts are somewhat harder and does feel like bs sometime (such as act 6) but the acts after that become way more enjoyable and easier, apart from 9.1, i’d say act 6 was more fun then 9.1 but 9.1 is still easier.

The game does rely on revives yes, but can be done without. Kabam wants you to spend time on a quest and do them throughout a set period of time so that you don’t run out of things to do. So if you want to do a specific content and think you need revives, then grind arena for units and apothecary + 22 hour challenges.

Don’t get me wrong, if the game feels too much of a grind that can become an issue too. Which is why they have done several things to reduce that such as making event quest simpler, reducing the paths in event quest, reducing the paths in story quest, reducing difficulty in story quest, in their new long form content crucible they added a second questing team function and mentioned this will be implemented in future long form content, daily super event which will make a comeback this November.

Addition to this they’ve done several things to promote bottom tittle progression by making a lot of spending events like 4th of july, cyber etc cater to lower progression more then higher, made banquet a paradise for lower account progression and given more opportunities for lower accounts to get rarities higher then they previously would have (uncollected can get a lot of 6*) and finally also revamping older acts to be easier and have better rewards.
    Lokx said:

No offence, but you sound like you got drowned in instant gratification with some games giving you exactly what you want with no effort to the point that a bit of hard work makes you feel like your climbing.

Earlier acts are somewhat harder and does feel like bs sometime (such as act 6) but the acts after that become way more enjoyable and easier, apart from 9.1, i’d say act 6 was more fun then 9.1 but 9.1 is still easier.

The game does rely on revives yes, but can be done without. Kabam wants you to spend time on a quest and do them throughout a set period of time so that you don’t run out of things to do. So if you want to do a specific content and think you need revives, then grind arena for units and apothecary + 22 hour challenges.

Don’t get me wrong, if the game feels too much of a grind that can become an issue too. Which is why they have done several things to reduce that such as making event quest simpler, reducing the paths in event quest, reducing the paths in story quest, reducing difficulty in story quest, in their new long form content crucible they added a second questing team function and mentioned this will be implemented in future long form content, daily super event which will make a comeback this November.

Addition to this they’ve done several things to promote bottom tittle progression by making a lot of spending events like 4th of july, cyber etc cater to lower progression more then higher, made banquet a paradise for lower account progression and given more opportunities for lower accounts to get rarities higher then they previously would have (uncollected can get a lot of 6*) and finally also revamping older acts to be easier and have better rewards.

🤔 This is deep.