AQ Comp Update

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,422 ★★★★★
    Its really dark under this lumpy rug....
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    edited September 24
    Hawkt1 said:

Ivezstill not got thw chests

Did your alliance do raids the second time around?

So no raid chests as compensation and the 7500 7 star shards?

• Xanderfish_21Xanderfish_21 Member Posts: 19

Yup both times

Yup both times
    The raid chest comp is only for alliances that were unable to enlist the second.

Yup both times
    This first time when it had problems got it and only got 1 boss down before it git canceled

Yup both times
    This first time when it had problems got it and only got 1 boss down before it git canceled
    Yes, that is why they pushed a week, so players wouldn't miss an entire week of raids. That's also why the comp that everyone got is for a week of AQ (which was replaced with raids) and not a week of raids.
    Since you successfully did raids the second time around, then the only comp you get is the AQ rewards comp.

Yup both times
    The raid chest comp is only for alliances that were unable to enlist the second.
    So okay. We enlisted the 1st time. Went in like 20min after raids started and completed 1 fight (not everyone just a few). Then later at night raids git shut down. We don't get compensation for that?

Yup both times
    So okay. We enlisted the 1st time. Went in like 20min after raids started and completed 1 fight (not everyone just a few). Then later at night raids git shut down. We don't get compensation for that?
    There was the weird compensation of a few revives and heals, but otherwise, no you don't get anything because you didn't lose anything (theoretically). Here is the timeline:

1. Raids break
    2. Kabam pushes raids one week, eliminating a week of AQ
    3. Kabam sends out heals and replaces raid tickets used from the week that broke
    4. Kabam says there will be compensation for a week of AQ rewards because they removed a week to shift Raids
    5. New week of raids work, but enlistment is broken and some alliances couldn't join
    6. Kabam says there will be raid comp for only for alliances that were unable to enlist in the working week of raids
    7. Comp is finally out and the correct type of comp is sent (whether the contents are correct or not)

Players that participated in raids do not get raid comp. Players that could not enlist for raids (and had previously done them) get raid comp. All players get AQ comp because a single week of AQ was the only thing missed across the board.
    Okay I understand
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 334 ★★

At this point I believe all compensation that is going out should be out. If you did not receive anything yesterday then either you likely already received what you were going to get during the previous attempts at comp, or you did not qualify based on previous raid participation.

There is no denying that this entire process has not gone as we'd have liked or intended, starting with the original raid issue. I am reminded a little bit of a line from one of the newer star trek movies describing teleporting between ships being like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet while riding a horse blindfolded. I wouldn't say that's the exact analogy with trying to fix a live service issue, but it can feel that way sometimes haha. Solving a problem without really being able to stop, take a step back, and fully evaluate makes it all a lot harder.

That said, boohoo woe is us is not really what you want to hear from us lol, and tbf it's not the message I want to send either. Instead what I want to focus on is acknowledging the frustration, believe me Dork, Rex, and myself 100% hear you, as well as say we've got a lot of learning and feedback from this whole event. These silver linings (that's linings, not sable if you're reading this EdisonLaw xD) can hopefully make whatever the next issue to crop up is be not so bad.

Steps off of soapbox

Cool I just wanted confirmation of getting screwed, time to move on.
    So well put… but won’t forget
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 334 ★★
    SandeepS said:

Just give everyone in the game the exploration completion chest and I think everyone will be happy. Ignore the fact that some people don't do raids, didn't enlist etc. just give it to everyone.

Downside, economy of the game... Isn't going to break

Upside... Happy community and potentially more people playing after they see the rewards

That’s exactly what should have been done. It’s called Goodwill and is a basic tenet of Good business practices
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    edited September 24
    So my ally got screwed up for 1st raid, some got chests and all before others can join in morning and it got cancelled
    Then 2nd time , we get screwed up for enlistment and still no compensation for us.

Well I am glad atleast 13 comments above I got official confirmation that we are screwed
    Thanks GG
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    edited September 24

At this point I believe all compensation that is going out should be out. If you did not receive anything yesterday then either you likely already received what you were going to get during the previous attempts at comp, or you did not qualify based on previous raid participation.

There is no denying that this entire process has not gone as we'd have liked or intended, starting with the original raid issue. I am reminded a little bit of a line from one of the newer star trek movies describing teleporting between ships being like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet while riding a horse blindfolded. I wouldn't say that's the exact analogy with trying to fix a live service issue, but it can feel that way sometimes haha. Solving a problem without really being able to stop, take a step back, and fully evaluate makes it all a lot harder.

That said, boohoo woe is us is not really what you want to hear from us lol, and tbf it's not the message I want to send either. Instead what I want to focus on is acknowledging the frustration, believe me Dork, Rex, and myself 100% hear you, as well as say we've got a lot of learning and feedback from this whole event. These silver linings (that's linings, not sable if you're reading this EdisonLaw xD) can hopefully make whatever the next issue to crop up is be not so bad.

Steps off of soapbox

I'm not moving on yet! Just one last question.

Allinces got full raid rewards without playing.
    Good for them. No issues.

But others who did enlist and played, put 180 tickets and time.
    We all know time is not a currency in your books
    Are180 tickets also irrelevant now?
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 342

Weren't we supposed to get the 3 raid chests?

Did your alliance do raids in the week that they worked? If so, then no.
    According to this, everyone should be getting the raid chests, my alliance was signed up for the raid that was canceled and thusly missed out on the three chests.

It clearly states that it is only for alliances that couldn't do raids. He refers to the raid chests in the context of alliances that couldn't do raids receiving raid rewards.

So in other words unless I'm not understanding this. So I put 180 the first week which was canceled and played. Then gets canceled. I get my 180 back but nothing else from that? I mean the raid chest but just the comp that went out on Monday?
    edited September 24
    Dorky said:

According to this, everyone should be getting the raid chests, my alliance was signed up for the raid that was canceled and thusly missed out on the three chests.

It clearly states that it is only for alliances that couldn't do raids. He refers to the raid chests in the context of alliances that couldn't do raids receiving raid rewards.

So in other words unless I'm not understanding this. So I put 180 the first week which was canceled and played. Then gets canceled. I get my 180 back but nothing else from that? I mean the raid chest but just the comp that went out on Monday?
    That is correct. The only comp from the *broken* week of raids is the reimbursed tickets that players used, aside from the rinky dink heals comp that they also sent.
    The AQ rewards comp that went out Monday was to replace the week of AQ that was lost because they pushed raids back a week.
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 342

Dorky said:

That is correct. The only comp from the *broken* week of raids is the reimbursed tickets that players used, aside from the rinky dink heals comp that they also sent.
    The AQ rewards comp that went out Monday was to replace the week of AQ that was lost because they pushed raids back a week.
    Welp that blows but got it. Wish everyone got raid chests due to canceled week lol. But I guess some comp is better than none right.
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Welp that blows but got it. Wish everyone got raid chests due to canceled week lol. But I guess some comp is better than none right.
    Particularly considering how long this took, yes, there should've been something to put icing on the cake. Their goal, which was reasonably though not perfectly accomplished, was to make sure everyone got what they would've gotten if nothing had happened.
    But raid chests for everyone on top of that would've been a nice gesture.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Steps off of soapbox

Did the competition for the week of AQ that we couldn't play at all, meaning the glory, go out in a message specifically identifying it as compensation as opposed to just the same as all other regular glory awards because if so I have not received my regular AQ glory compensation at this point still?
  • ezgoingezgoing Member Posts: 283 ★★
    It says Raid compensation and the items are what you should get in your regular AQ week @Crine60

• ezgoingezgoing Member Posts: 283 ★★

Steps off of soapbox

This shows Kabam is clueless about the community unhappiness. Yes, some are dissatisfied with the adequacy of the Comp given. Another group of us is saying your full Raid comp for alliances which failed to enlist, totally shafted the alliances which successfully enlisted and paid 180 tix for. You want to be generous to the alliances which failed to enlist in raid, fine. We are happy for them. But you can’t ignore the fact that it is grossly unfair to rest of us who spent 180 tix and effort to take part in that raid and got similar rewards.
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Member Posts: 153 ★★
    edited September 27
    So, does anybody know something new about the compensation? Seems that just nobody talks about it. Will we let Kabam just silently forget about it?

I am tired of waiting for raids chests. Ive already collected and opened 3 7* crystals while just waiting for my 7500 shards for raids compensation…

So, does anybody know something new about the compensation? Seems that just nobody talks about it. Will we let Kabam just silently forget about it?

I am tired of waiting for raids chests. Ive already collected and opened 3 7* crystals while just waiting for my 7500 shards for raids compensation…

Did your alliance do raids the week they worked?
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Member Posts: 153 ★★

Yes, if you mean next week after fail week.
    Would you like to say that the compensation was the allowance to play raids next week?

Yes, if you mean next week after fail week.
    Would you like to say that the compensation was the allowance to play raids next week?
    I'm not going to say that. What I am going to say is that the raid comp you are talking about was for player that were unable to enlist for raids the week that is was working. If you were able to do raids the second time around, you don't get that comp, just the AQ rewards one.