My Honest Thoughts on Act 9

2»

Comments

• JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    jdschw said:

I'm still surprised that so many people found Orochi so easy. Maybe I was just not using a good counter, but I found her to be a huge pain in the butt starting at the 3rd life. She would just back me into the corner with her inexorable passive and heavy me to death. I guess my champs' specials just weren't good enough to give me any breathing room, because she'd throw one special back and, bam, back in the corner.

I've only beaten her once so far, and it was super frustrating. Took me like 20 revives. Maybe I'll change my tune with some different champs. I've heard Juggernaut is much easier, because it will be easier to stay out of the corner with him. But for that fight, I found her to be tougher than any act 8 boss, purely because of the inexorable passive.

Simula has a great guide if you have already seen it! I would’ve struggled had it not been for him. If you need a link let me know!

Jinx
    TyEdge said:

I’ve done 10 paths and found it very manageable. Maybe it’ll get worse as I do the final path and final boss in each quest. (I’ve done 2-2-2-2-1-1)

And that’s super valid! My experience is coming from grinding for 7 hours to get it done all at once. I am likely in the minority on a lot of my opinions. I’m glad you’re having fun with the content!

Jinx
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,694 ★★★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

TyEdge said:

I’ve done 10 paths and found it very manageable. Maybe it’ll get worse as I do the final path and final boss in each quest. (I’ve done 2-2-2-2-1-1)

And that’s super valid! My experience is coming from grinding for 7 hours to get it done all at once. I am likely in the minority on a lot of my opinions. I’m glad you’re having fun with the content!

Jinx
    We all has different opinions my point is act 9 is more geared towards 7 star with is true. Even r2 did amazing. 6 not dead it just means things take a bit longer and that’s fair 6 star doesn’t get any bonus anymore which for me is perfect
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    If they do introduce a new progression tittle then it would not be anything above a 7* r4. I see no reason why they would be stuck on r3 for more then a year then suddenly introduce r4 and r5 within few months.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    edited September 17
    My main issues with act 9 were he massive healthpools to create artificial difficulty, longer fights meaning more potential mistakes, I wouldn't mind larger healthpools if it was in a challenging and fun fight, but scourge being not overly difficult but super tedious and annoying standard Simon says stuff, "do this to.remove this or suffer this" not to mention some are bugged, "pause scourge after punishing special" still gaining scourge during the pause, and the AI for the final boss being absolutely insane sometimes, got her into phase 4 one time and she spammed heavies for 70 seconds straight another fight just kept full comboing into block. I just force closed and came back to go again ended up with 2 solo's and spending two revives the entire chapter. Thor rags was a bit of a pain, him getting quietly removed too was funny.

Tl;Dr not overly difficult just boring, annoying and standard AI stuff.

My main issues with act 9 were he massive healthpools to create artificial difficulty, longer fights meaning more potential mistakes, I wouldn't mind larger healthpools if it was in a challenging and fun fight, but scourge being not overly difficult but super tedious and annoying standard Simon says stuff, "do this to.remove this or suffer this" not to mention some are bugged, "pause scourge after punishing special" still gaining scourge during the pause, and the AI for the final boss being absolutely insane sometimes, got her into phase 4 one time and she spammed heavies for 70 seconds straight another fight just kept full comboing into block. I just force closed and came back to go again ended up with 2 solo's and spending two revives the entire chapter. Thor rags was a bit of a pain, him getting quietly removed too was funny.

I totally hear you! I also believe that the worst part is the artificial difficulty that comes with increasing health pools. I think if they throw in more damage nodes for the attackers (really missing Flare right about now LOL) it would be a hundred times better. Don't make it super easy, but also don’t make it tedious and boring.

Jinx
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Uhm, inexorable was a problem with yall? I just didn't remove it, it was fine
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 75
    the most annoying part of act 9, are the underwhelming nodes or nodes that just straight up are not helpful and counter themselves, in particular the debuff path where you need to put debuffs, but you can't knock them down with any special at all,

and also scourges mainly being a way to screw you up rather than help you with the path, as an example adding wasp to the evade path with scourges and it's a pain to control her before she kills you
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    edited September 17
    Jinxesaxe said:

I totally hear you! I also believe that the worst part is the artificial difficulty that comes with increasing health pools. I think if they throw in more damage nodes for the attackers (really missing Flare right about now LOL) it would be a hundred times better. Don't make it super easy, but also don’t make it tedious and boring.

Jinx
    Yes!!! If we are going to have to fight high health pools, at least let is deal damage
    Eakomo said:

the most annoying part of act 9, are the underwhelming nodes or nodes that just straight up are not helpful and counter themselves, in particular the debuff path where you need to put debuffs, but you can't knock them down with any special at all,

and also scourges mainly being a way to screw you up rather than help you with the path, as an example adding wasp to the evade path with scourges and it's a pain to control her before she kills you

I totally agree on Scourge. It’s too punishing and not rewarding enough. I think we’ll likely see it have more appeal in later chapters though, a la Weapons.

Jinx

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    Yes!!! If we are going to have to fight high health pools, at least let is deal damage
    There’s a path in 7.1.3 with Blaze and power shield, and even though it’s super easy, it’s one of my favorite node combos ever. Racing to special 2 or just cheesing with Bishop is so much fun!

Jinx
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    1: Input issues
    2: Fights are tedious and boring as H%ll.
    3: Input issues
    4: Keeping track of nodes
    5: Input issues
    6: AI enjoys dancing on end, I should be playing,