What drives you to play the game?

Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
Hello everyone, I used to be a regular on here from 2020-2021, I used to love this game for a long time played competitively in AW, Bgs, summoner showdown etc.

I have been retired for quite some time now, and am just curious what brings you to continue to play?

The Community? Gameplay? Love for Marvel? Out of Pure just because I have been playing for years?

And who are your favorite new champions?

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★

I honestly just want to see how the story ends.

Also, loved your write up guides for act 7 (I think it was).

That's right! Those were a long time ago lol thanks for remembering :)
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,759 ★★★★★
    Playing with friends i can trust that i met playing, marvel in general story, new characters to learn about that can be intriguing
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    In a retired alliance myself for close to a couple of years now.
    Story content and unique quests like the crucible keep my interests piqued,..dropped a good chunk of the alliance game modes and don’t miss them a bit.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    Story content is my favorite part of this game, so despite having no idea what the actual storyline is, I'm interested in seeing where it goes. The crucible is a cool idea. Would love to see more along those lines of challenges. Take or mainly leave things like necro. The community pretty awesome, too
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Getting to Valiant as an f2p. It's honestly become a life goal of mine at this point 😂
  • CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Member Posts: 176 ★★
    It all started when I was a stuck in lockdown and needed something to do besides play fortnite...now it may just be a lifelong addiction if the game lives that long

All smiles tho it's fun (sometimes)😁😁
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 740 ★★★

Hello everyone, I used to be a regular on here from 2020-2021, I used to love this game for a long time played competitively in AW, Bgs, summoner showdown etc.

I have been retired for quite some time now, and am just curious what brings you to continue to play?

The Community? Gameplay? Love for Marvel? Out of Pure just because I have been playing for years?

And who are your favorite new champions?

It used to be progression, but now I'm valiant, I don't rly know lol
  • Raiden01Raiden01 Member Posts: 85
    New and fun champs and content to play.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Helps me to get away from my **** life and have fun for sometime. Played a lot of games but none of them are this close to me like Mcoc.
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Member Posts: 371

Been playing for over 8 years, I'm too deep in now to quit

I agree with him. We're all pretty much addicted at this point. The game has become part of our daily lives, alliances mates & other players have become friends. I love bgs, my favorite champions, fun game & great community.
  • arifin74arifin74 Member Posts: 149
    Maxing out, Battleground
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 429 ★★★
    Fun animations of champions also being able to use champions I like
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Ferrari
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I've met some decent people through this game, which makes trucking on more fun. I've also reached a point where I can say I'm genuinely good at the game, which means that I can actually do all of the endgame stuff that the game throws at me/us. Since I think Kabam is pretty decent at pumping out such content, and I really enjoy playing it for the most part, I'm having a blast.

I wish I had more of an incentive to play AQ and AW, but not caring too much about either of them has taken a huge weight off my shoulders so perhaps it's for the best that I stopped worrying about always being at my best.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Discovered the game after endgame was in theaters and fell in love with it. Couldn’t get enough of it. Would watch Dave’s ninja guide videos and practice learning new skills. And then I got into an alliance with people who enjoyed playing the game and that quickly became the best part. So the community/friendships with alliance mates is number 1.

I live a very busy life, so I don’t have time for hobbies I used to have and now mcoc is something easy I can take with wherever I go and play what I can when I can. I’m a competitive person and competition is fun to me. So BG and AW are my 2 favorite modes. Some of my favorite times in this game has been strategizing/planning wars with fellow officers.

Been playing the game long enough that I mostly just focus on doing content that is enjoyable to me and having fun with it.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    I like the characters and the playstyle - not many games have such a good skill-based combat system, and even fewer of them come for free.

Also, I have been here since 2015, so it's become a stable part of my life
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    The peeps in my alliance.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 951 ★★★
    It's free and I don't have to pay a single dime.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    In all honesty, Arena
  • Logan00Logan00 Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    I'm a men of habits
  • ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Member Posts: 198
    Dopamine hits when I pull the champs I want!
  • TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Member Posts: 78
    Mix of enjoying the gameplay and my alliance.

Also been in it for so long now that stopping would leave me with an abundance of free time. What wouldn't even do with that time? Spend it with family? Find a hobby? Read a book?? I think not
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Also

Black cat victory animation
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 721 ★★★

In all honesty, Arena

A man of culture I see.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    Loneliness, Sadness, Anxiety