Hawkeye vs Power Struggle node?

MeriocreGamerMeriocreGamer Member Posts: 14
Is Hawkeye a good counter to that node? I'm on Act 6.1.5 and working on my team for the easy lane.

Power Struggle: Attacker cannot gain power. When Defender fills a Power Bar, Attacker is granted one. When Defender launches special, attacker loses that much power.

So the attacker is only guaranteed the ability to use the L1 throughout the fight. I tested the node out with Dormammu (very low level champ who didn't last long) and since his combo-ending hit drains the opponent's power, whenever the enemy hit 1 bar I'd gain a level of power, but then the opponent would be drained slightly below a bar, only to hit 1 full bar again by the end of my next combo, giving me a full second bar of power.

So if I use Hawkeye, and during my combo the opponent hits 1 full bar, I can combo into the L1, drain his power, and then on the next combo or two have the same thing happen again. Basically I should be guaranteed an L1 every combo or two once the opponent reaches his first bar. And assuming I'm not against a bleed immune champ, I should be inflicting bleed every L1 as well. And the opponent will basically never be allowed to use their special attack.

Any thoughts? Every guide I seem to find are years old so it's hard to find anything other than the official "use these champs" lists that tend to have mostly champs I don't have access to.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,247 ★★★★★
    He could work.
    Other options you can consider are Abs Man (Uru form), Archangel, Chee'ilth, Kushala, Hyperion, and basically anyone who has good SP1 damage, or has good basic attack damage, or damage over time.
  • mattressmattress Member Posts: 469 ★★★
    Do you have guilly99? She's a great 🧀 option
  • MeriocreGamerMeriocreGamer Member Posts: 14
    I have AA (4 star), Chee'ilth (5 star unleveled, new to my roster), Hyperion (he's a beast and usually makes it onto my team). No guilly99, just an old 4 star OG Guilly that was a top champ back before I took a break (when Act 6 wasn't released yet).

I was mainly just thinking about Hawkeye for this particular node could be a beast with the near-constant L1's and enemy locked out of specials altogether vs just about any other champ who would have to deal with baiting, dodging, and/or block damage from specials.