New "Real Event" BG season 22

Comments

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    IDK... with no alliance event, there won't be alliance minimums. I know plenty of players that won't touch BGs with a 9 foot pole if they don't have too and only reason they do is to meet the alliance minimum to satisfy that team alliance goal... IMO, solo & solo rank rewards are ok but nothing to get sweaty over. I think there will be plenty of players that won't care to get to or anywhere close to the 5k points (and no one will know).

I'd be interested in knowing what kind of points prior seasons would have accumulated under the Realm system. How much of a push, if any, is getting to the 1.5billion points?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,895 ★★★★★

@MrSakuragi JEEZ GIMME A CHANCE HERE

LOL!

Glad to see you’re not forgetting the forumers of the battlerealm
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

What Is Going On Summoners!

Yesterday we announced our second Realm Event for the upcoming 2nd Anniversary Season of Battlegrounds.
    After reading and reviewing feedback from the Community we've decided to make TWO changes to address some potential pain points -

First up, alongside the Realm Event Rewards, we will be enabling the BATTLEGROUNDS ALLIANCE EVENT. This will include the usual Ranked Rewards and Trophy Tokens in the Milestones. The Elders Marks will be removed, but keep in mind there are DOUBLE the amount of Elders Marks than usual in the Realm Event.

Additionally, we will be adding 50 Realm Event Points to the "Win 1 Match" Battlegrounds Objective that refreshes every 48 hours. This will allow for an extra 700 points for the Realm Event throughout the Season if you complete this Objective each time it refreshes.

These changes will lessen the grind to reach the Milestones in the Realm Event while making it more rewarding for competitive Battlegrounds-focused Alliances.

Its an interssting change.
    I personally thought the change would be towards the value of points in GC and VT; but a 700 point bump is quite interesting.
    Also the alliance event running keeps alliances motivated to do their minimums and do their most points possible.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

Yesterday we announced our second Realm Event for the upcoming 2nd Anniversary Season of Battlegrounds.
    After reading and reviewing feedback from the Community we've decided to make TWO changes to address some potential pain points -

First up, alongside the Realm Event Rewards, we will be enabling the BATTLEGROUNDS ALLIANCE EVENT. This will include the usual Ranked Rewards and Trophy Tokens in the Milestones. The Elders Marks will be removed, but keep in mind there are DOUBLE the amount of Elders Marks than usual in the Realm Event.

Additionally, we will be adding 50 Realm Event Points to the "Win 1 Match" Battlegrounds Objective that refreshes every 48 hours. This will allow for an extra 700 points for the Realm Event throughout the Season if you complete this Objective each time it refreshes.

These changes will lessen the grind to reach the Milestones in the Realm Event while making it more rewarding for competitive Battlegrounds-focused Alliances.

Solid changes without an overcorrection that would make it too easy. I like it.

Now the team can get back to making Silver Surfer dab.
  • Dan__4Dan__4 Member Posts: 89

@Kabam (Osaurus) Rex can you confirm if the “Realm event solo” rank rewards are staying? Or will it be regular season solo ranked rewards?

Meaning- Realm event community rewards, regular alliance rank rewards, Realm event solo rank rewards

Dan__4 said:

@Kabam (Osaurus) Rex can you confirm if the “Realm event solo” rank rewards are staying? Or will it be regular season solo ranked rewards?

Meaning- Realm event community rewards, regular alliance rank rewards, Realm event solo rank rewards
    The only major thing that's changing here is that we're essentially ADDING the Alliance Event back to the Season.
    Perfect! Thank you🎉

Dan__4 said:

The only major thing that's changing here is that we're essentially ADDING the Alliance Event back to the Season.
    @Kabam (Osaurus) Rex one last thing.
    What will the alliance milestones be? Not the rewards but the amount of points to achieve the milestones.
    Currently it’s 9mil to get all milestones but now the points are much lower.
    Thank you
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 81
    Kabam.. Thank you for listening

Seems like a good update to the event. I'll do some math's tonight and see what numbers we are dealing with the extra points in mind.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    Dan__4 said:

Dan__4 said:

@Kabam (Osaurus) Rex one last thing.
    What will the alliance milestones be? Not the rewards but the amount of points to achieve the milestones.
    Currently it’s 9mil to get all milestones but now the points are much lower.
    Thank you
    The point would still be the same for that event realms and alliances events is two separate things.
  • Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Member Posts: 77
    edited September 25
    Question regarding bg alliance event that's been added back.
    I am curious to know how will the new scoring system effect the alliance event milestones. .
    . Will the old method be used for alliance milestones or new one.
    If milestones pts remains the same like max is 9 million target. Then with new scoring system it will be hell of matches to get to final milestones.
    Unless there will be changes in the milestones pts of bg alliance event .?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    KLZ said:

And because so many "noobs" will play BGs this season, i bet the forums will be flooded with complaints about the matchmaking system :D

That's the fun part 🤣
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

Question regarding bg alliance event that's been added back.
    I am curious to know how will the new scoring system effect the alliance event milestones. .
    . Will the old method be used for alliance milestones or new one.
    If milestones pts remains the same like max is 9 million target. Then with new scoring system it will be hell of matches to get to final milestones.
    Unless there will be changes in the milestones pts of bg alliance event .?

The points scored are not according to the BG match, they are according to the objective. The same target can score different points in different objectives. A BG win can apply 10 points to one objective and 2,000 to another because it is determined solely by the objective. If milestones for alliance event are the same as previous (which they should be), then scoring will be as well.
  • SmetiraSmetira Member Posts: 29

I really don't like this one.
    For some reason I have no faith in the community on an event like this.
    The GC vs VT point gain difference makes it even worse.

Why would the GC vs VT point make things worse?
    It's about time it makes a difference. Winning a match in Bronze/Silver etc. Is not and should not be the same as winning a match in Uru/Arcane or higher.

And as added bonus it decreases effectivity of wintrading/point farming in VT.
    edited September 25
    Smetira said:

It's about time it makes a difference. Winning a match in Bronze/Silver etc. Is not and should not be the same as winning a match in Uru/Arcane or higher.

So tell me how scoring more in GC will benefit?
    Have in mind:
    - It's a REALM EVENT, every point from EVERYONE counts.
    - There is NO solo event.
    - Until yesterday there was NO alliance event, and the scoring is the same as before.

Yes people have asked to give more in GC, they implemented it on an event where it actually hurt us.
    Please explain to me how people in VT scoring less than people in GC will benefit us at all?
  • ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Member Posts: 162 ★★★
    I have two more concerns with this realm event.
    1)Without the Solo event, it forces me to wait for other players to reach the milestones. In a normal BG season I would want to reach those milestones quickly to get what I need at the beginning of the season but now they will most likely be stuck at the end of the season.
    2)Having the "Win a GC match with elders marks = 90 points" be worth double the "win a VT with elders marks" is really annoying because it makes me want to save my finite Elders marks for GC and not use them in VT. The problem is that GC is much harder to win in so I am more likely to waste them there or at least get less points. If the same logic applies to other players, that means that the milestones will be acquired even more slowly at least towards the beginning of the season.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★

Smetira said:

Have in mind:
    - Until yesterday there was NO alliance event, and the scoring is the same as before.

Yes people have asked to give more in GC, they implemented it on an event where it actually hurt us.
    Please explain to me how people in VT scoring less than people in GC will benefit us at all?
    Did you stop to think that maybe it’s the other way round? If kabam wanted they could have just made everyone get 45 points for win regardless of whether it’s VT or GC. At least now those in GC will be earning more points for the realm event. It may not be that people in VT are scoring less but the people in GC are scoring more.
    Graves_3 said:

Smetira said:

Have in mind:

Did you stop to think that maybe it’s the other way round? If kabam wanted they could have just made everyone get 45 points for win regardless of whether it’s VT or GC. At least now those in GC will be earning more points for the realm event. It may not be that people in VT are scoring less but the people in GC are scoring more.
    Yes I have
    What was the biggest turn out of players making it to GC? Is that ammount greater than the ammount of people "stuck" in VT?
    Also lets have in mind the ammount of players complaining about not being able to climb we get every season. Not only they will be discouraged because they can't advance, they will also be discouraged because they can't score at the same rate.

• Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 411 ★★★

I have two more concerns with this realm event.
    1)Without the Solo event, it forces me to wait for other players to reach the milestones. In a normal BG season I would want to reach those milestones quickly to get what I need at the beginning of the season but now they will most likely be stuck at the end of the season.
    2)Having the "Win a GC match with elders marks = 90 points" be worth double the "win a VT with elders marks" is really annoying because it makes me want to save my finite Elders marks for GC and not use them in VT. The problem is that GC is much harder to win in so I am more likely to waste them there or at least get less points. If the same logic applies to other players, that means that the milestones will be acquired even more slowly at least towards the beginning of the season.

All very good points. There are definitely some conflicting incentives in this design…
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

5000 minimum contribution is based off of the ability to earn GC-level points, so yes VT players are scoring less.

In a normal season, to earn the top Solo milestones, 300000/6750 = 44.44 wins using Elder Marks are what anybody needs, regardless of if it is in VT or GC.

In this Realm season, to meet the top Realm Milestone, 5000 points have to be hit.
    For a VT player, that is 5000/68 = 73.5294 wins.
    For a GC player, it is 5000/118= 42.3729 wins. Note: This can't exist since everyone starts in VT, so it is some combination of VT wins + GC wins, so its more like 50-60 wins.

For this Realm event, VT/GC players have to play more, but VT have to play significantly more. That is a sign of them scoring less.

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

Ok, so now the crazy BG Bastion go-getters cannot hide…

edited September 25
    altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

5000 minimum contribution is based off of the ability to earn GC-level points, so yes VT players are scoring less.

In a normal season, to earn the top Solo milestones, 300000/6750 = 44.44 wins using Elder Marks are what anybody needs, regardless of if it is in VT or GC.

In this Realm season, to meet the top Realm Milestone, 5000 points have to be hit.
    For a VT player, that is 5000/68 = 73.5294 wins.
    For a GC player, it is 5000/118= 42.3729 wins. Note: This can't exist since everyone starts in VT, so it is some combination of VT wins + GC wins, so its more like 50-60 wins.

For this Realm event, VT/GC players have to play more, but VT have to play significantly more. That is a sign of them scoring less.

Also add the fact that 5k from every player might not be enough, its just the min requirement to claim top prizes.
    There is a very screwed up aspect on thid whole scoring situation.
    Elder Marks cost the same to buy, energy costs the same to buy, the return is less scoring depending where you are in the game.